Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #196
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
NCL and perhaps Carnival will probably be the first to post 2015 summer itineraries. However, other mass market cruise lines won't announce summer 2015 sailings to Alaska or Europe until late winter or early spring. DCL really isn't behind.
There are other cruise lines??!!

I have only done two cruises and they have both been Disney. I have 5 next year and they are all Disney. Eventually, I will have to try a different cruise line because I want to sail to Antarctica. I wasn't thinking they were behind or ahead, I was just thinking I would like to get on with planning 2015. I have 2016 planned (but that isn't a cruise). Not booked, but planned and 2014 is completely done. I keep saying I will just wing it 2015, but I can't, it's not in my personality design.

sweetlovin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #197
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
There are other cruise lines??!!

I have only done two cruises and they have both been Disney. I have 5 next year and they are all Disney. Eventually, I will have to try a different cruise line because I want to sail to Antarctica. I wasn't thinking they were behind or ahead, I was just thinking I would like to get on with planning 2015. I have 2016 planned (but that isn't a cruise). Not booked, but planned and 2014 is completely done. I keep saying I will just wing it 2015, but I can't, it's not in my personality design.
Hard to believe, but yes - there are quite a few other cruise lines! I also like to plan ahead, and I have a cruise booked for February 2015. I have thought about some trips I'd like to take in 2015 and 2016, but they aren't necessarily cruises.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #198
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hard to believe, but yes - there are quite a few other cruise lines! I also like to plan ahead, and I have a cruise booked for February 2015. I have thought about some trips I'd like to take in 2015 and 2016, but they aren't necessarily cruises.
So when not on Disney, what cruise line do you recommend? I am not a drinker, smoker, partier, or gambler. In other words, I'm no fun at all. My goal is to get to Antarctica in the next 4 years. I guess that means 2017 Which cruise line would you recommend?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #199
mchelle77
DIS Veteran

I think RC already has 2015 spring itineraries out. We almost booked one out of Baltimore for April 2015, but decided to wait to see Disney info.

We did NCL last April out of NYC and LOVED it (despite the nor'easter) and then Carnival this past April (PCC to Eastern Carib) My friend and her husband want to go Disney again. I'm all for it, although it's a lot more money than we've previously spent, so we're making sure it's EXACTLY what we want. My husband will ONLY do Western this time (he's sick of the Bahamas, after only being there twice!) and I'm happy going anywhere.

I read somewhere that Dec 4 was the date to be watching for the first half of 2015 itineraries?

First trip - 03/97 (1 week)
Second trip - 02/00 (1 week)
Third trip (Honeymoon!) - 06/03 (2 weeks)
Fourth trip - 11/01/09 (10 days, DD's 1st trip there)
Next Trip - 11/30/13 (1 week - Surprise for our daughter!)
DISNEY CRUISE just booked April 2015!

Last edited by mchelle77; 11-10-2013 at 05:29 PM.
mchelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #200
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchelle77 View Post
My husband will ONLY do Western this time (he's sick of the Bahamas, after only being there twice!)
Me too! Can't stand the Bahamas. We just did the eastern and I much preferred the ports to the Western.

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:58 AM   #201
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
There are other cruise lines??!! I have only done two cruises and they have both been Disney. I have 5 next year and they are all Disney. Eventually, I will have to try a different cruise line because I want to sail to Antarctica. I wasn't thinking they were behind or ahead, I was just thinking I would like to get on with planning 2015. I have 2016 planned (but that isn't a cruise). Not booked, but planned and 2014 is completely done. I keep saying I will just wing it 2015, but I can't, it's not in my personality design.
I'm curious to know your '14, '15, and '16 plans!! I like to plan ahead, too, and I'm always so interested in hearing others plans.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #202
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Just got the "currently undergoing maintenance" page.
So maybe today or maybe they're just fixing, adjusting and adding more pixie dust?
2015 dates opening would be a nice distraction from the #DisneyMP waiting room...
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #203
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

No new 2015 cruises yet.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #204
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
No new 2015 cruises yet.
Are some 2015 cruises released?
Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 AM   #205
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
I'm curious to know your '14, '15, and '16 plans!! I like to plan ahead, too, and I'm always so interested in hearing others plans.
The back story is: this year we went around the northern hemisphere to 8 countries as a family which included the 2 Disney's in Asia. Odd years, we travel as a family. Here is the link to give you an idea.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10324...43785172559521

Even years, my kids get individual trips with mom. So, 2014 they each picked a cruise. We always go away for Thanksgiving, so I booked the Dream 2014 Thanksgiving as a family. April on the Wonder with 1 child, Magic in Southern in Oct with DS, Fantasy for Halloween with the youngest.

My kids are asking to go to all of the Disney's around the world, again. So I explained that I would only do that if I have roundtrip miles. I need 65k per person for United. However, United give 8 miles per dollar on cruises (up to 30k per cruise) for booking cruises through them.

I don't think I will have enough miles to go around the world 2015; all of the kids want to go back to Tokyo and Hong Kong Disney as well as Shanghai Disney when it opens. If I can get the miles for 2016, we will do an around the world Disney trip. We have done DLP in the past and my kids love each Disney for it's uniqueness. Since United gives one free stop over, we will fly into Thailand, spend some time in Asia, finish in Tokyo and take the flight schedule via Germany, and take the free stop over there. It's inexpensive to get to Germany to Paris, so we'll take two weeks for the free stop before coming home.

So, I put it to a vote. We can do back to back family trips 2015, 2016 or we can do back to back individual trips (2014, 2015) and 2016 go as a family. The back to back individual trips were unanimous. One child wants to do Panama Canal, one wants to do Alaska, one wants to go to Disney, Universal, and Sea World. I would like to do the Baltic Northern Europe, if it comes out.

Sorry, it's harder to explain on the internet, but that is why i am anxious about the 2015 schedule. I need to book the flights from USA to Asia by July/Aug if we plan to go April/May. Easter is March 27, 2016 so we should be in Europe mid to late May when all of the kids are in school. Kids should be in school in China, Hong Kong, and Tokyo kids should be in school by late April/early May. I'm trying to avoid the crowds as well.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #206
minniemouse1
Member of the Grand Slam Club!

Quote:
The back story is: this year we went around the northern hemisphere to 8 countries as a family which included the 2 Disney's in Asia. Odd years, we travel as a family. Here is the link to give you an idea.

Very cool pictures. Looks like a wonderful trip. Kids must be proud to say they have been to Disney around the world!
Wonder 2001 4 Day
Magic 2003 7 Day Western
Magic 2005 7 Day Eastern
Magic 2007 7 Day Eastern
Dream 2011 4 Day
Fantasy 2014 7 Day
Magic 2015 7 Day Mediterranean
DH me DD13 DD12 DD9 DS5
minniemouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #207
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So when not on Disney, what cruise line do you recommend? I am not a drinker, smoker, partier, or gambler. In other words, I'm no fun at all. My goal is to get to Antarctica in the next 4 years. I guess that means 2017 Which cruise line would you recommend?
I could've sworn I responded to this last night, but apparently I only previewed my post! I pick my cruises by itinerary and price. I would be happy to sail on Royal Caribbean, HAL, Princess, or Celebrity again.

Some cruise lines go to Antarctica while sailing around South America. Lindblad Expeditions will spend much more time there, but you'll need to save your pennies for that one: http://www.expeditions.com/brochures...utm_medium=cpc
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #208
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I could've sworn I responded to this last night, but apparently I only previewed my post! I pick my cruises by itinerary and price. I would be happy to sail on Royal Caribbean, HAL, Princess, or Celebrity again.

Some cruise lines go to Antarctica while sailing around South America. Lindblad Expeditions will spend much more time there, but you'll need to save your pennies for that one: http://www.expeditions.com/brochures...utm_medium=cpc
That is costly!!

Have you sailed Seaborne? I was thinking about sailing with them, but maybe if I start now, I'll have the money saved for 2017 with Lindblad.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #209
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniemouse1 View Post
Very cool pictures. Looks like a wonderful trip. Kids must be proud to say they have been to Disney around the world!
The only reason we went to Singapore is because we couldn't get a flight to the Philippines and I booked early Sept to leave June 17th. We ended up loving Singapore, so we were very fortunate.

My kids are glad they have been to each Disney. The youngest is going to Disneyland for the first time next Sunday. So she is the last to say she has been to each Disney. My mom was laughing when she explained she got to Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Paris before she got to LA!

Old 11-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #210
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Even years, my kids get individual trips with mom. So, 2014 they each picked a cruise. We always go away for Thanksgiving, so I booked the Dream 2014 Thanksgiving as a family. April on the Wonder with 1 child, Magic in Southern in Oct with DS, Fantasy for Halloween with the youngest.

My kids are asking to go to all of the Disney's around the world, again. So I explained that I would only do that if I have roundtrip miles. I need 65k per person for United. However, United give 8 miles per dollar on cruises (up to 30k per cruise) for booking cruises through them.

I don't think I will have enough miles to go around the world 2015; all of the kids want to go back to Tokyo and Hong Kong Disney as well as Shanghai Disney when it opens. If I can get the miles for 2016, we will do an around the world Disney trip. We have done DLP in the past and my kids love each Disney for it's uniqueness. Since United gives one free stop over, we will fly into Thailand, spend some time in Asia, finish in Tokyo and take the flight schedule via Germany, and take the free stop over there. It's inexpensive to get to Germany to Paris, so we'll take two weeks for the free stop before coming home.

So, I put it to a vote. We can do back to back family trips 2015, 2016 or we can do back to back individual trips (2014, 2015) and 2016 go as a family. The back to back individual trips were unanimous. One child wants to do Panama Canal, one wants to do Alaska, one wants to go to Disney, Universal, and Sea World. I would like to do the Baltic Northern Europe, if it comes out.

Sorry, it's harder to explain on the internet, but that is why i am anxious about the 2015 schedule. I need to book the flights from USA to Asia by July/Aug if we plan to go April/May. Easter is March 27, 2016 so we should be in Europe mid to late May when all of the kids are in school. Kids should be in school in China, Hong Kong, and Tokyo kids should be in school by late April/early May. I'm trying to avoid the crowds as well.
Would you please adopt me??!!
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: