Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #1756
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
My mom took a 12 nighter Hawaiian cruise with either NCL or RCL. Though it started and stopped in Hawaii, they did stop in a country island out there (started with an F?) and that counted as their foreign port. It is an option for Disney.
You're probably thinking of Fanning Island. It takes a day to get there from Hawaii and another day to get back, and not much happening on the out-of-the-way island. http://www.hawaiiportreviews.com/FanningIsland.htm
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #1757
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Ships used to stop in Fanning Island - a distant foreign port. It takes several days to get there and back from Hawaii, and I haven't seen any recent itineraries that go there. There's really no reason to do so - when ships can do one-way cruises to or from Hawaii as they reposition between Australia/NZ and Canada or Mexico.

Now that NCL has a US-flagged ship, it does 7-night round-trip cruises out of Honolulu around the islands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
You're probably thinking of Fanning Island. It takes a day to get there from Hawaii and another day to get back, and not much happening on the out-of-the-way island. http://www.hawaiiportreviews.com/FanningIsland.htm

yes that was it! I couldn't find it on their itineraries and I couldn't remember which it was. I did see that NCL did the 7 nighter around with no other outside ports. That makes sense with a US flagged ship. Is that the only ship that can do it in the fleet or can any since there is one US flagged ship? She did say it wasn't an overly exciting place to visit, but it is sad cruises won't be going there any more as I think they greatly depended on them for income from what I understood.

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #1758
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
yes that was it! I couldn't find it on their itineraries and I couldn't remember which it was. I did see that NCL did the 7 nighter around with no other outside ports. That makes sense with a US flagged ship. Is that the only ship that can do it in the fleet or can any since there is one US flagged ship? She did say it wasn't an overly exciting place to visit, but it is sad cruises won't be going there any more as I think they greatly depended on them for income from what I understood.
Right now, NCL Hawaii is the only cruise line that sails around the islands because they are a U.S.-flagged ship. The monopoly is probably the only reason they're still in business. We keep hoping someone else will buy them out and improve the service.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #1759
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Only the Pride of America can do the 7-night Hawaii cruises. NCL America used to have 2 other US-flagged ships: Pride of Hawaii (now Norwegian Jade) and Pride of Aloha (now Norwegian Sky): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCL_America
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:55 PM   #1760
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

So no hints out there, huh? No guessing games from DCL. Nothing?
Old 03-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #1761
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

This suspense is out of control right now!

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #1762
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

I was THIS close to booking an April 2015 Princess Transatlantic cruise, but I'll wait to see what DCL plans for the Magic before I go further. Princess's ships go to more ports on their Transatlantic cruises vs. DCL's - but I really loved all those sea days on the Magic's May 2013 TA cruise from Galveston.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #1763
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

In 2007 my husband and I did a R/T from Los Angeles on Radiance of the Sea to Hawaii 15 nights. It was one of favorite cruises. We stopped for. 2 hours in Mexico. We had two over nights, one in Maui and one in Oahu. The other ports were long as well with Hilo until 7pm and Kona until 6pm. Sadly the Volcano was not errupting. It was a great cruise and we rented cars in all but one port and saved tons of money. When the DCL came out do Hawaii I did look at it but it would not stand up to the one we did so we did not book it. I want to go to Aulani and back to Hilo and Kona. But that is some years away.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:40 PM   #1764
MagicRat
Mouseketeer

Trying to book a quick event on Grand Cayman at the end of May 2015 and want to do it via DCL cruise on the Fantasy. I know the rumor is that the Fantasy will be back to alternating EC/WC from May-Summer. I also see from the Cayman port authority website where the Fantasy is scheduled to be there the week of May 19 and then bi-weekly thereafter for a few months (not being listed the weeks prior to that)- I would think this would be something that's semi-official. Do you think I can pretty much bank on the Fantasy sailing there the week of May 19? I realize the schedule will be out pretty soon, but I don't like uncertainty! Thanks for any thoughts on the matter.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #1765
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

For those that think the rest of 2015 will be released next Monday, wondering if you think that will include Christmas and New Years. We are using DU for the first time to book NYE cruise and haven't heard anything from them. Wouldn't you know that we will be in Disney next week so part of me is hoping they hold those back.....

Just wondering what your thoughts were.
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:02 PM   #1766
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post
For those that think the rest of 2015 will be released next Monday, wondering if you think that will include Christmas and New Years. We are using DU for the first time to book NYE cruise and haven't heard anything from them. Wouldn't you know that we will be in Disney next week so part of me is hoping they hold those back.....

I haven't heard anything from any Disney travel agency about the rest of the 2015 cruises. I don't expect to hear anything until they know when bookings will open and what will be available.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:12 PM   #1767
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post

My thoughts are that it sounds perfect - they can take care of booking it for you, and you can enjoy your vacation. I would make sure they have a plan b or even plan c to go on so its no big deal if they can't reach you right away if plan a doesn't work out.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #1768
Lorelei528
DIS Veteran

Just curious where this next Monday thing came around as I'm a TA and I haven't heard anything as of yet..
Lorelei528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #1769
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

I believe in the past they have had all the dates for the rest of the year out when they did the "2nd half" dates (not that it's really "half" - 2/3rds is more like it!).
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)
Heading back to Disneyland December 12-16th!!! Taking my nieces on their first trip to DL!!!

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #1770
ksloane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei528 View Post
Just curious where this next Monday thing came around as I'm a TA and I haven't heard anything as of yet..
A couple pages back there is discussion that training is going on this week and typically that means the dates will be released the next week. It is just a prediction.
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: