Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #1651
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

It's something they could have and then if sales are slow remove later, I bet the Norwegian fjords will be in blackout.
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #1652
MousseauMob
DIS Veteran

Oh yes, I see, of course they will know so anyone trying to move an OBB can be told it is ineligible or not. On the ships I imagine they will still let you book, but will inform you it is ineligible for discount/credits, similar to when I booked a suite onboard. What I'm less clear on is if they will actually post/publish a list of cruises blacked out or if you find out when attempting to transfer an OBB or book onboard a specifc cruise. In any case I'm sure we'll know quickly from Disers transferring existing OBB's. Thanks everyone!

05/2014 DCL 9 Day Alaska, 04/13 Galveston to WDW, 09/12 HAL Alaska, 04/12 DCL Inaugural Hawaiian Cruise, 09/2011 DL GC and Universal, 05/2011 HAL Alaska, 09/2010 HAL Alaska, 05/2008 DCL Magic Mexican Riviera, 09/2007 DL GC, 04/2007 Celebrity Hawaii, 10/2005 DL GC (Trick or Treat), 06/2005 DCL Magic Mexican Riviera Cruise, 02/2004 DL GC, 01/2003 DL GC, 12/1999 DL PP, 10/1997 DL PP, 05/1995 WDW Dolphin and that big red boat
MousseauMob is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2014, 01:12 PM   #1653
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEY FANTASY View Post

. . . I bet the Norwegian fjords will be in blackout.
I agree -- it's very likely with new itineraries.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:59 PM   #1654
princess333
Earning My Ears

We made a booking on board last September before they made the changes about when the cruise had to be taken by.

Do the black out days apply to me or is it only on newer bookings?
princess333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #1655
DISNEY FANTASY
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

Location: London England UK Why is Cinderella such a lousy football player? Because she has a pumpkin for a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess333 View Post
We made a booking on board last September before they made the changes about when the cruise had to be taken by.

Do the black out days apply to me or is it only on newer bookings?
All bookings
* Disney Magic -
July 2014 12 Night Med + Greece.
* Disney Wonder - August 2013 Lots of photos Alaska and full navigators, -In 'The Walt' photo thread here,
* Disney Fantasy - Back to back, Eastern and Western, Two weeks in concierge!
* Disney Magic - 8 cruises, inc 12 night Baltic, 11 night Med, 14 & 15 night Panama, & 7 night Caribbean.
Other lines inc RCI and Princess.Next, Disney Magic 12 night Northern Europe 2015.
DISNEY FANTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:57 PM   #1656
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Anybody know if there is likely to be a double dip CC in may 2015 from PC on any ship? :-)
You should see some 5-night double dips on the Dream in summer 2015, doubtful in May.

Just off the Fantasy today so I can re-join the convo

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #1657
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
You should see some 5-night double dips on the Dream in summer 2015, doubtful in May.

So impressed that you kept up your workout routine onboard (I read Scott's TR). I think I would enjoy my cruise more if I kept up the routine. I felt like a huge slug on our last trip - too much food and not enough exercise. We have one of those big balcony rooms booked in April 2015. Maybe I'll be able to motivate myself by then!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:14 PM   #1658
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
So impressed that you kept up your workout routine onboard (I read Scott's TR). I think I would enjoy my cruise more if I kept up the routine. I felt like a huge slug on our last trip - too much food and not enough exercise. We have one of those big balcony rooms booked in April 2015. Maybe I'll be able to motivate myself by then! Jodie
Thanks for reading! Yes, I must exercise daily or else lol. My daughter even came out most days and jumped rope (apologies to whomever had the room below us lol).....

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:16 PM   #1659
Leslie41
Earning My Ears

I would love to sail a Castaway Cay double dip on the Dream! I have an OBB I plan to use for summer 2015--not planning on going to the fjords. Hope the double-dips are not blacked out.

We love the Fantasy, though, so we'd be totally fine with an eastern/western Caribbean. It would be nice if we could get to Puerto Rico, too.

WAITING FOR THE 24th!!!!
Leslie41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #1660
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

It is like when WDW puts out the discounts for different times of the year. Not all dates and resorts are included. So I am sure this will be true on the ships as well. 4th of July, Norway, Christmas. Just to name a few ideas. I for one am figuring out how much I am willing to spend. Then when the rates and dates come out I have an idea what I can do. I am hoping for WBTA as my first choice second choice is a PC. I do have $1000 on a dummy cruise.
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #1661
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post

I also enjoyed reading Scott's TR. Sounds like you all had a blast. St. Maarten looked amazing. Your photos made me want to go there….like now.

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #1662
coloradocutie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Yes, been there, seen that.

Woody
This thread is sooooo interesting!

So, it sounds like it is best to book directly with DCL as early as possible on the opening day (or the day afterwards if not platinum, if I understand correctly…) to ensure the best rate. If we have an OBB dummy cruise, but Costco is the travel agent, we would have to go through Costco, right? But since they open at 10 and DCL opens at 8 (is that EST?) it might make sense to forgo the OBB 10% off discount (not applicable to concierge?) and just book directly with DCL to get a better fare in case the rate goes up by the time Costco opens? Does that sound right?! Could the price increase beat out the 10% discount? Thanks everyone!!!
coloradocutie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:25 PM   #1663
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradocutie View Post

. . . Could the price increase beat out the 10% discount?
As in the past, DCL is being very tight lipped about itineraries and prices. So your guess is as good anyone else's.

Price increases depend on various factors, such as new or old itinerary, cruise popularity, demand, "holds," and double bookings (people booking directly with DCL while having a TA book).

When bookings open, there will be real time booking reports on the DIS. People will post their call hold times, sail date, itinerary, category, number of guests, whether OBB discount is applied, transfers, insurance, and price paid.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:34 AM   #1664
siburdue
Mouseketeer

Booking with Costco

We are looking for the 2015 dates to book for WBPC, and not sure who to book with. I see that some have mentioned booking through Costco as you get more cash back. Is this because you are using your Costco AMEX card? Even if you book your travel through someone else, you can still use your Costco AMEX card to pay for the trip and receive that cash back. Or is there something I'm missing here? Trying to figure out how to get the most for our money. Thanks in advance for the insight.

Heading to the Disneyland Resort with my BFF to attend Mickey's Halloween Party on September 27 & October 1!
siburdue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:42 AM   #1665
siburdue
Mouseketeer

Wonder Navigator's Verandah or regular Verandah

We are looking at going on the 2015 WBPC and have never stayed in a Verandah room. Is there a thread anywhere on which of these types of rooms are the best to stay in? or even which room # is the best? Or can anyone on this thread offer their 2 cents on this subject? We are clueless and need help!

Heading to the Disneyland Resort with my BFF to attend Mickey's Halloween Party on September 27 & October 1!
siburdue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: