Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Just boarding VS075

Well its time to go. Will keep u updated guysXx any questions please ask. Staying at wilderness lodge and blt
Old 04-09-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
stevebrass
Earning My Ears

Have a good trip. Not soon for us now!
stevebrass is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #3
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Hi Alyson

Hope you got some sleep in the end xxx

Have a safe flight and most important, enjoy yourself!! I will contact you later to see how your flight was (and it will be fine )

xx

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
NatalieMT
Mouseketeer

Have a brilliant time! We are now in single digits for our countdown too!

NatalieMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:17 AM   #5
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

Should be taking off anytime now, I can see from my front room window!

Debs x
Old 04-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #6
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

And off she goes! Hope you all have a fab time!

Debs x
Old 04-10-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amacspad
And off she goes! Hope you all have a fab time!

Debs x
Wow tht must be ace. Well I must say it was the most turbulent flight I hv ever had. Poor richard had no skin left on his hands. Even Charlotte was a bit worried and she loves flying. I did very well though and just had my rescue (ohh and 2bailys).
It was a 8.30 flight and the food choice was horrid well it was when it came to us because who got served last............... U got it. Now considering I had convinced charlotte the adult meal would prob be better. We had a grand choice of aubergine pasta bake!!!!! The one veg I dont like. Anyway they bought charlotte a veg lasange from PE which she just ate the pasta off. Thts taught me not to sit at the back in a row if 3 again!!!! The air stewardess said its always the same as both sides have to start at the front which they never used to. Anyway rant over. We landed at 3.10
Immigration line despite being one of the last off lol was 40 mins. We had our bags and on magical express in 60 mins so I was pleased after reading about delays. The BA flight followed us about 25 mins after being in the queue.
As it was Richards first trip we hadnt told him much. He was in ore of it all. When we walked into WL lobby he just stopped in his footing. He was gobsmacked!!! So was charlotte as she had never seen it. I saw it when I came to view for our home resort.
The whole check in took 15 mins with printing dining. As we bought tickets from ATDirect we have to get them from GR this morning from AK then they will put on our KTTW.
As I had never stayed here I just asked for a high floor pool view and we got both. Rm 3509 and its beautiful. We have a studio here and although not as big as the AKL studio its really nice.
Anyway we unpacked our things and went to roaring forks for dinner as the haunt of aubergine triggered. As we are dvc we are paying oop for food so will be interesting especially when I saw my printed list of ADR's lol. We have 1700 d for food and we have spent $44. We did buy milk bagals(cinnamon and raisin) yum milk sausages OJ though as well. We had a pulled pork in barbacue sause that came with crisps 2 lots of minestone soup and charlotte had chicken nuggets with fries and grapes. Good job Rich and I shard it was huge. We did get free salad as well so we were full . We then went into the pool. Did the slide 4 times lol and went in the jacuzzi which was hot hot!! By 9 we called it a night. Lovely and warm here and just so glad to see the sun. We all fell asleep quicky. Rich and charlotte still are but at 0355 Im sat here writing to u guys.
Well we are doing AK EMH today till 1pm ish then cmg back and then heading over to the mini Dis meet at the poly. Be nice to put names to faces. Will report back soon. Alysonxx

Lee I got 2 hours sleep and 6 now so not bad in 48 lol. Im sure by tmrw I will be a walking corpsexxx
Old 04-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #8
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

My Tr is under just boarding VS05

For anyone that wanted to follow I have continued our plans under that thread. Just wish I could upload pictures from my ipad/iphone. I do have a photobucket account and FB but dont know how to do it!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #9
DISWolves
Dreams really can come true !!!!

Select UPLOAD button, and navigate to where your pics are stored on your PC/TABLET
You can select multiple photos to load in one go
Once the pics are showing in your Photobucket account, thet will have 4 separate links beneath each picture
Copy the IMG code for the picture that you want to post
Paste this into your DIS post

Have a great time!!

EDIT!!!

Sorry didn't read your post fully !!!
I assume your pics are already in your photo library on your iPad?

Install Photobucket app on iPad
Select upward pointing arrow (Choose upload source)
Select Photo Library
Select all of the photos that you want to load
Once pics are in photo bucket - select any pic and at top of screen click the icon that looks like a chain
Copy IMG CODE
Paste this into your DIS post

Phew!!!

Last edited by DISWolves; 04-10-2013 at 03:58 AM.
DISWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 AM   #10
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

I have merged these threads as you already have one thread running Alyson.
wilma-bride is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #11
Lesleyluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Hi

We arrived on Sunday immigration was only 25 min for us. I was pleasantly surprised!

Parks a LOT quieter than I expected.

Enjoy your trip! x
1998 - Port Orleans French Quarter * 1999 - All Star Music * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - All Star Movies * 2002 - All Star Movies * 2004 - All Star Movies * 2006 - Caribbean Beach HONEYMOON!* 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside *2010 - Old Key West* 2013 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Magical Disneyland Paris Visits!2001 - Santa Fe Hotel * 2002 - Disneyland Hotel[COLOR="New York[/B][/B][/B][/B]

PaleGreen"]* 2005 - Hotel New York
[/[B]2011 - Hotel New York

Disneyland & California AdventureOct 2009 - 1st visit!

Lesleyluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:11 AM   #12
amacspad
Disneyholic!!!

Glad to hear you are all having a fab time, really enjoy reading the live reports, totally getting in holiday mode now!

Debs x
Old 04-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #13
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Ohhh Alyson I'm looking forward to reading all about your trip .... it's def off to a good start
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #14
crabbie1
DIS Veteran

Day one
Well we awoke at 6.40 as we aimed to do EMH at AK. We had breakfast in the room and was out the room by 7.45. The temp was a nice 60 degrees. We had to get our tickets from GR and out TIW card so we finally entered AK at 9. I must say I have never seen it as quiet. Charlotte took Richard to everest whilst I went and got FP for dinosaur. Everest standby was 5 mins when I got there and I saw them come down the track with there arms in the air. Richards first ever disney ride. He loved it. We then walked straight on Kali and headed over to do dinosaur. Again no need for FP as only 10 min wait. Then onto Pwhirl. Im not keen on this one as it plays havoc with my neck but did it cus of charlotte.
After having a browse at some animals we had lunch at flame tree. Really nice food and cost $27 for 2 adult meals drinks and sides of onion rings and fries +i cld use my TIW card which gives 20% off.
To be honest none of us had really adjusted to the time and were ready to leave by 1.30. Oh richard lost his cap on Kali so be aware. Sooo funny. Excuse for a new disney cap I reakon we did tough to be a bug
We had only planned half a day and did what we wanted.
We headed back to the hotel for a powernap (well Richard did). I read about fantasyland and got ready for our mini Dis meet.
We were a bit late as bus to MK took a while to come. It was soooo hot and charlotte had a right cob on cus it was soo hot. Kids!!! Anyway our 4pm arrival became 4.30 at captain cooks at the poly.I finally got to meet Wayneg!!!! Yeah. He told me he had always planned his trips so he missed me. Everyone thought it was very funny so wayne had a big nudge. Matt was taller than I thought and Karen said although a prem baby he was very long.
Tracy(Elise) was there with her very cute daughter who again looked arnd 6 but was 4. Luke arrived a bit later with his little baby and wife and we chatted about the cruise . We had a dole whip but it was without the pineapple juice but was still very nice. We had a ressie at 18.30 at GFC so we said our goodbyes and arrived at the GF at 6.25. Just in time and were seated straight away. French onion soup x2 newyork strip x 2 and a pudding for 2 which was 5 little desserts. We had it to take away as were full so is sitting in our fridge for later. Charlotte had chicken noodle soup and chicken with rice and green beans. We all aimed to share the desssert. With drinks and our Tiw discount it came to $113. Obviously the steaks bumped up the bill but we are on holiday and it just has to be done. With the TIW card it covers the tip and had an extra bit off so with tip of 18% would have been another $29 on top of our original $117 so with the TIW card we paid the $113. Hope u understood that.
Anyway we got the boat back to WLodge filled our cups and headed off to bed. We were all in bed by 9.45 and said what a lovely day we had had although it was very hot(83degrees and no rain)
Old 04-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #15
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Have a fantastic trip; sounds like a really good start. 83 degrees, I'm getting excited about possible 60+ degrees here this week-end

Also Thanks Diswolves I've kept a copy of your photo instructions for our trip

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic
Shazzie B is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: