Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
mattsdragon
DDC #595
Lookin' for the Bare Necessities

online check in and the pool

So we're coming from my Dad's place on the beach, and would like to have that day at the pool at our resort. I was going to do online check-in, and I know we can use the amenities of the resort, we just can't get into the room before 4 (actually. . .it'll be a Monday in early May, I'm figuring we can check in earlier that 4).

What are the logistics on using the pool at Kidani House? Is there a changing room we can get into to get into our suits. . .

Otherwise, well, nobody wants to know the otherwise.

mattsdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #2
Disneyhenry
DIS Veteran

You just may get your room early. When we went they were booked at capacity, checked in at 9am and got our room. But yes, there are restrooms by the pool - have fun!

DH DSME

Disneyland 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008,2007, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1994
WDW Split stay AKV-Kinadi and POP 2011
DCL - DREAM 2011, Wonder to Hawaii 2012
Dec 2013 Family Reunion at WL!
Disneyhenry is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 12:38 AM   #3
WizardLarz
DIS Veteran

By using the Early On-line Checking you are among the First to get allotted available rooms for that day. I've used Online check for most of my trips and usually have arrived at the Resort around 1:30pm and have had the room ready on all but one of my trips.

'88 Off Site -only two parks '00 Off Site '08 Fort Wilderness Campgrounds (Yes,I realy used a tent!) '09 Pop Century
'10 Boardwalk Villas SWW '11 Pop F&W '11 Pop Century Mars Preview '12 Pop Century(hey it's cheap) SWW '12 Pop Century (yes Again)

2010 PRT "I'm off to see the Mickey! The wonderfull cool Mouse! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2383922

WizardLarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post
So we're coming from my Dad's place on the beach, and would like to have that day at the pool at our resort. I was going to do online check-in, and I know we can use the amenities of the resort, we just can't get into the room before 4 (actually. . .it'll be a Monday in early May, I'm figuring we can check in earlier that 4).

What are the logistics on using the pool at Kidani House? Is there a changing room we can get into to get into our suits. . .

You can check in before 4:00 for sure. At any Disney resort. Depending on your requests, there might be a room available right then and there. I don't do room requests anymore, preferring something that I can get into when I arrive (usually around 11ish). I had to wait once and that was because we were a grand gathering and three out of the four rooms were ready (just not mine - figures ).

Go, check in, and enjoy the pool. No matter what time it is. If the room isn't ready, you'll be texted the room number and you can move in when that happens. Very easy.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
gilsan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsdragon View Post

Yes, Kidani has a nice change area. The fitness centre is near the pool and there are change rooms there.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I'd go ahead and check in, in case your villa is ready before 4. If it isn't you can still use the pool. And since the Kidani and Jambo pools are not eligible for pool hopping, they might check KTTW to make sure you are staying at KV or JH. You'll have those if you go ahead and check in.

Plus even if the room isn't ready yet, they should text you when it is ready with the room number. You'll already have your KTTW so you should be able to go straight to the room from the pool instead of to the front desk.

Have a good trip.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
disney debi
Mouseketeer

Fitness center and restrooms near pool so no worries about changing if your room is not ready.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: