Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #46
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Poly we stayed CL 5/5 our favorite resort and CL was the best..watching fireworks in the lounge was heavenly

AKL 5/5 dining choices and animal views fabulous

DH has stayed at CSR for business several times and gives it a 4/5

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #47
lady_hlh
DIS Veteran

Here is our ratings but we still haven't found the elusive 5/5 rating:

YC - 4.75/5 loved everything except the lack of good CS options and the shared buses when not walking to HS or Epcot

BCV - 4.5/5 didn't love the villa room set-up with the sofa bed or the BC lobby

AKL - 4.5/5 loved the dining, atmosphere and the animals. Wasn't thrilled with the hike from our room which was at end of the hotel and not walking to any parks.

OKW - 4/5 loved the atmosphere, the pool and the huge bathroom but wasn't thrilled with the lack of much CS

POR - 3.5/5 the food court and the atmosphere were great but the pools were boring and the buses were always an issue.

POP - 3/5 when our DD was little we loved this but not sure we are value resort people now.

CSR - 2.5/5 the pool was very nice but atmosphere was just not appealing to us

This year we are staying at CR, I'm excited to walk to MK and to have a big room but I don't know if this will be 5/5 either. The Poly is my dream resort and we still haven't made it there yet.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #48
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Poly: 5/5 (love everything about it)
OKW: 5/5 (love everything about it)
AKV Kidani: 5/5 (wish it was closer to MK/Epcot, but the themeing is so well-done here)
WL: 4/5 (I feel like the mountain lodge décor in the rooms could be better implemented and Roaring Forks could have more options and a better indoor seating area, but I love the resort and location)
POR: 4/5 (I loathe the bus system here. It seems to always have the longest line to return to the resort. Love the landscaping, food court and eating area, and boat to DTD)
CSR: 3/5 (We only stayed here two nights, but I didn't like how close the parking lots were to our room [and opening the door to our room with no trees/shrubs buffering the parking lot view])
ASMusic: 4/5 (We only stayed here one night and maybe my expectations were low, but I really liked the layout and size of the room. The lobby and food court was insanely crowded, though)
Old 04-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #49
RocketEAR99
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at:

VWL (5/5): Stayed there for the first time in October and loved it more than any place I've stayed previous! I enjoyed the ambiance and the offerings there (The Carolwood Pacific Room). Boating to MK was a plus too! Also it's hard to get a bad view because most of the views are all trees.
AKV-Kidani (4/5): Like VWL, I really enjoyed the ambiance and the offerings. The ONLY reason I don't like it as much as VWL is because it's so far away from almost everything.
BLT (4/5): I wasn't much for the ambiance here, but location, location, location! Being able to spend time at the Top of the World Lounge was a plus too. And the only thing better than boating to MK is walking there!
OKW (3/5): It's theme isn't spectacular, but there's really no such thing as a bad view and the rooms are more spacious. I liked its central location on property and I REALLY liked the dinner I had at Olivia's.
BWV (3/5): I enjoyed the night atmosphere on the actual Boardwalk and being able to walk to 2 of the theme parks without too much stress (or boat if I preferred). It was a short trip, so I didn't get to really enjoy the resort, but I will when I go in May for a week!
SSR (2/5): I don't have anything bad to say about this resort, but I don't have anything great to say about it either. It was pleasant, even nice, but nothing sticks out to me about it except that it was my FIRST resort to stay at as a DVC member.
POP (5/5): It's a Value resort, so I won't even try to compare it to Deluxe Villas. As your basic hotel on property, it was great to be independent from other resorts to bus to the parks. I was impressed by the offerings at the food court too! Having seen the other Value resorts (besides AoA), this one was definitely the best at the time.
My past trips:WDW-1: Jun 1992 (Off Property), WDW-2: Aug 1997 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2007 (POP), WDW-4: Jan 2009 (SSR), WDW-5: May 2009 (BWV), WDW-6: Oct 2009 (AKV Kidani), WDW-7: Mar 2010 (BLT), WDW-8: Jan 2011 (AKV Kidani), WDW-9: May 2011 (SSR), WDW-10: Feb 2012 (OKW), WDW-11: Oct 2012 (VWL), WDW-12: May 2013 (BWV), WDW-13: Dec 2013 (OKW)

Me DW Maverick

RocketEAR99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #50
DianaPrince
Mouseketeer

Best-worst for us would be
1-GF (ah-may-zing, we had such a magical time here for my bday last year)
2-AoA ( really has become our new home for a while since we have the 4 younglings)
3-Poly(holds a special place dh and I married and honeymooned here,but,our visit last year left us sadly disappointed)
4-POFQ (my oldest sons fav before we did AoA, its a nice quant resort)
5-WL( great resort,felt the room was a bit too small for a dlx)
6-CR (before removations,would love to go back and do tower room)
7-CBR (cute but way to spread out,imho)
8-Swan (yeah non disney but Im sorry its was nice,just a pain no ddp thats why so low here)
9-Shades of green (agian non disney,the transportation sucks but still a pretty hotel)
10-AsMu
11-the other 2 allstars tie

Me DH DS 9 DS 5 DD 2 DD 4 months

Last edited by DianaPrince; 04-11-2013 at 01:03 PM.
DianaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #51
66Tink
Mouseketeer

Also doing best to worst:

YC: LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this resort. SAB is a huge hit with our family as is
the location of the YC and our favorite restaurant is the Captain's
Grille. Staying here for second time in August

AKV: A very close second to the YC, but a very different experience. A
one bedroom savannah view is amazing. The pool is great and the
distance from other parks does not bother us because we always
rent a car. Only draw back is lack of counter service, but Jambo
is close by. Would stay here again.

WL: Third on the list really only because the room felt small. Location
was great for MK, only a boat ride away. Food options were good
and of course the Christmas decorations were beautiful. Can't
comment on the pool because it was too cold out! Would stay
again at the holidays!

BCV: Fourth on our list...just not thrilled with the overall experience at
BCV...nothing bad, just eh. IMO not worth the money for us, but
glad we were able to try it.

SSR: Really a tie with BCV, just did not find SSR very appealing.
Grounds were beautiful and walk to DTD a plus, but would not
stay here again.

OKW: Last on our list...while a beautiful resort with big rooms, we
found the staff was the least helpful here. Must say you get
a lot of room for your money here, but we would not stay again.

CBR: Will always hold a special place in my heart because it was our
first on-site stay as a family. Would like to stay here again for
a night or two.

We have been very fortunate to be able stay on site for so many years and hope to try out POLY after the renovations are done...it is my DD's dream resort!

Me DH and DD (15)

CBR 2003, Offsite 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, VB/SSR 2009, BCV 2010, OKW 2011, AKV, 2011, offsite 2011, YC 2012,WL 2012, YC 2013

Joanne
66Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #52
LeahA
DIS Veteran

AKV
WL
POLY
SSR
POP
OKW

Staying at Beach Club soon, we'll have to see where they fall in after we stay there!
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #53
amberpi
DIS Veteran

Here is the list for which we look at availablity:

Swolphin (semi-Disney I know, but still our fave)
CR
YC/BC
GF

We spent 1 night at All Star Music when we moved a flight up day of - not for us, ever, ever, ever again.

Enjoyed Poly and AKL ok. AKL is beautiful, but the location is bad and its a bit overly themey for my and DH's tastes. Poly has a great location, but again, we're not big "theme" people so I don't feel compelled to go back - and I don't like the doors on the outside thing. No interest in WL after staying at Grand Californian in DLR, again, just not for us, I really don't even know why I booked there, we're not lodge people.

That said, those deluxes (Poly and AKL) were perfectly fine and I can see why people like them, for us, we're more Swolphin/CR people than Poly, if that makes sense. One of the things that appeals to me so much about WDW though is that it has something for every taste! And I do enjoy occassionally grabbing a drink at the Poly to experience it, just don't want it 24/7. The only place we wouldn't go again is a value; I'm glad we tried it though so we can know for sure its not for us.
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: