Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #16
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Kidani 5 comfortable rooms love the resort
Beach club/ boardwalk 4/5 excellent location rooms out dated
Old key west 4 love the resort and rooms. Location a little less.
CSR 3.5 love the resort. I need villas now.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #17
cmusschoot
DIS Veteran

My List

it was really fun to remember the resorts I have stayed at...and try and rank them, I like them all and would chose each one as a favorite for a different reason...but overall ranking...here it goes

Boardwalk
Animal Kingdom (Kidani - then Jambo)
Beach Club
Port Orleans - Riverside - then FQ
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Swan/Dolphin (have stayed at both, they are really similar)
Coranado Springs (best quick service meal - Pepper Market)
Cabins at Fort Wilderness (best value by far for a larger group)

FUN!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

We've loved all four of the resorts we've stayed at in Disney.

In order:

1. Beach Club
2. Yacht Club
3. Polynesian
4. Grand Floridian

At Universal we would rate it:

1. Hard Rock Hotel
2. Royal Pacific Resort

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #19
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

YC (9/10...only downside is the long walk to CS at Marketplace, love everything else)

Poly (8/10...last stay our room was terribly maintained, looking forward to rehab. Also, we have had repeated service issues like assigned an already occupied room. TWICE! However, love the monorail, proximity to MK and general flavor)

BC (7/10...had a dreadful CL experience here once and another non CL where a CM mistakenly checked us out of our room. At 10 pm with tired kids which was a total nightmare to fix. Also, only 50% of rooms have balconies - hate that. But, we love Stormalong Bay, the decor and the short walk to Epcot. My boys always want to return and so we will!)

WL (7/10...rooms are somewhat small and I wish the pool was zero entry and the bus trips seem interminable sharing with FTW or monorail resorts but the lobby is a wow, RF has great food, love the geyser and the boat to MK)

AK (7/10...similar pros and cons as WL, better pool and our favorite restaurants. We miss staying there, want to try Kidani at some point)

Dolphin (6/10...it was fine. Decor not our favorite but close to Epcot and Boardwalk. Great restaurants. Would stay again if price was right)

Ft. Wilderness Cabins (4/10...a dishwasher that leaked continuously, despite several calls to maintenance, black mold in the bathroom, and bird-poop encrusted patio made for a less than great experience. Oh, and they lost our luggage for 16 hours. Still, we liked the quiet, peaceful location and the space. Wouldn't return.

All Stars Movies 3/10...disliked the cement block look of the buildings though we expected small rooms, of course. Uncomfortable beds and filthy carpet in the room. Boys loved the Toy Story courtyard. The food court was overwhelming and food wasn't good. Just not for us.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #20
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

It's hard for me to rank them, but it I'll give you my opinion.

YC-Best resort, but worst Cl level. I guess this would be my favorite for location and pool. I love the nautical décor. I love DCL so maybe that's why.

BW- Favorite resort in cooler months, Second best Club level, but not my favorite pool. Nothing to do with the clown. I love clowns. It's the lack of beach.

Poly- Best Club level and best rooms. Not crazy about pool, but love the beach and the views, and the transportation options.

WL- Great Club level, horrible rooms, love the beach and pool.

BC- My least favorite resort, the club level is tied with YC for the worst. What I like is the pool and location. I will stay there if YC unavailable.

AKl- I love the animals and the resort. I would be bored out of my mind if I had to spend more than two nights there. To remote and nothing going on at night. The rooms are small, but nice. Club level is good.

GF and CR are still on my list to try.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #21
clapton
Mouseketeer

BC
GF
CR
WL
AKL
Poly
POR
PORFQ
CBR
CSR
Values
Never had a bad time in Disney no matter where we stayed!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #22
si-am
DIS Veteran

Pop 4/5
AKL 4/5
WL 5/5
Contemporary 5/5
POR 4/5
CSR 3/5
AoA 3/5
Swan 4/5
All Stars 2/5
FW cabins 3/5
CBR 3/5

I also stayed at the Poly as a child but don't remember enough of it to rate it!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #23
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Our favorites are (in this order):
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo House)
Contemporary/BLT
Pop
French Quarter

Least Favorites:
Boardwalk

Oddly, the ones I thought I'd HATE the most (Pop and AKL) were my very favorites when I finally gave them a chance. Boardwalk was just awful. Also not a fan whatsoever of GF and wouldn't stay there unless it was free.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #24
OLIVIA'S DADDY
Mouseketeer

Contemporary
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)
Wilderness lodge
Polynesian

Animal Kingdom Lodge (kidani) next trip, so we will see where it ranks. There was always one thing that stuck out the most at each hotel that was amazing and unforgetable.

Contemporary - Location, location, location! Nothing like being able to walk to and from the Magic Kingdom when the monorail is busy. The new upddated rooms were very nice, clean, and well, "Contemporary", just our taste. My daughter said the room was "so beautiful", not bad considering she was 4 at the time. Chef Mickeys and great quick service dining and gift shops as well as beautiful views. Easily our favorite.

AKL - Lobby is beautiful, especially at Christmas. Animals everywhere, great for my daughter, and very nice unique restaurants. The smell of the hotel was great as well. Pool was great, as well as the slide, pool seemed very big for some reason. Only downside was slower bus transportation but what can you do.

Wilderness Lodge - Great hotel, amazing lobby! Good location without having to pay for monorail hotel access. Best quick service sandwiches i've ever had. I forget the name of the place. Whispering Canyon was good and has a great atmosphere as well.

Polynesian - Very nice hotel as well, Kona Cafe was incredible, very friendly service staff, and great location. Captain Cooks was pretty good as well. Loved the zero entry pool with the ducks swimming right into it with you. The hammock was where I tood my one and only nap at Disneyworld. Can't complain about any of the hotels so far!
OLIVIA'S DADDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:58 AM   #25
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Wilderness Lodge 8/10
Animal Kingdom Lodge 8/10
Boardwalk 9/10
Yacht Club 9/10
POFQ 8/10
CSR 8/10
PORS 5/10
CBR 1/10
Pop 4/10
AS Sports 3/10
AS Music 5/10
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #26
stink
Mouseketeer

Every Resort is a 5/5 for me. I love them all, I do have some dislikes at each resort, some of my dislikes are nitpicky....

Grand Floridian 5/5
Love the elegance, location, dining options, great choices in TS & CS !
Dislike the self parking distances.

Wilderness Lodge 5/5
Love the theming & energy of the resort, love Roaring Forks the QS location
Dislike lack of a second option for a mod priced relaxed table service meal, you are limited to pricey but wonderful Artist Point or loud fun Whispering Canyon.

Beach Club 5/5
Love the pool, theming, and location
Dislike - they have a CS location but it is limited in offering and seating.

BoardWalk 5/5
Love the location, proximity to both DHS & EPCOT
I love the TS options. and I luv CS options such as BW to go, Pizza Window, Bakery etc but not always open. Would like to see a true CS choice like Roaring Forks. I really dislike the clown pool that barfs children

SSR Tree House 5/5
Love the remote forest feeling, love the large decks (can comfortable have a family meal). Love the three bedrooms
Dislike - no sliding doors onto the deck, just the self closing doors very easy to lock yourself out. Dislike the multiple bus transfers no dedicated bus service from Tree houses to parks. A car is a must have. Great CS & TS option at SSR but need to drive to them.

SSR Villas 5/5
Love the theming and the main "house" lobby, the CS choice & the Turf Club. Love the new pool
Dislike - open corridors to the villas and the resort being so spread out

AKL - Kidani 5/5
Love everything, only disklike is the distance to Mara to CS choice, love how the parking is under the building, very convenient. Wish they had a CS choice

AKL - Jumbo 5/5
Love everything

Last edited by stink; 04-10-2013 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling
stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #27
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

How about grouping them by category???

Mine!

Deluxe:

Contemporary
AKL
SSR

Moderate (very close in rankings):

POFQ
CBR
POR
CSR

Values :

Music !!!

(Next three rank close)

Sports
Movies
Pop

Then:

AoA LM (very distant 5th)
Old 04-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #28
herb102211
DIS Veteran

Beach Club
Beach Club Villas
Bay Lake Tower
Old Key West
Boardwalk Villas
Art of Animation
Pop Century

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club 11/14- POFQ/AoA
Me (28) DH (29)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #29
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Boardwalk 5/5
Location is wonderful. I just have a fondness for this resort. Maybe it's the porch with all the chairs. Reminds me of days spent down the shore (Atlantic City) with my grandmother when I was young.

Grand Floridian 5/5
Spent our honeymoon here. It was also our very first trip to Disney ever. Fell in love immediately.

Beach Club 4/5
Location is great. I loved the quiet pool. SAB is not a favorite of our family. We like small and quiet. Room was a dormer style so it felt a little cramped for our party of 5.

Yacht Club 5/5
Location and just a beautiful and relaxing place to be. Had a great room with a view of the quiet pool.

SSR 4/5
Beautiful grounds and rooms were amazing. Resort is very spread out and didn't like having to walk far to get a snack or something to drink.

OKW 4/5
This is another resort that is beautiful and relaxing. But it is spread out and you really need a car to get around unless you get a room near Hospitality House which we did. Nice pool.

POR 3/5
Just too spread out and I didn't really care for the decor and the rooms were small. Would have liked the mansions more but we couldn't fit in those rooms.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

abk96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #30
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

In 12 trips to WDW I have to say I have never stayed at a resort I did not like. We stayed onsite 10 of those trips. In November we will be staying at the Poly for the first time.

Deluxe
BWI x2. 5/5
WL x2 5/5
AKL 5/5
YC 4/5
OKW 4/5

Moderate
CRS 5/5
POFQ x 2 4/5

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila