Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #46
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Hello! Looks like a fun report, I'm joining in!
thanks for joining !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That might be the best description of Waffle House, ever!

I'm glad you like your room so much at BLT. I'd love to stay there or the Contemporary sometime just to have that proximity to the MK.
I know, right ???

BLT was awesome and it was so nice to be so close. We just went over for dinner and then one night just for shopping on Main Street. Being so close made it possible just to spend a couple of hours and leave. It was really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
That room looks very nice. I thought about renting points for my trip in December but I don't think that is going to happen. I like to have some control over my reservation. I am going to have to decide soon. BLT was on my list though.
I rented points once. It was a very positive experience. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by jecskc; 04-10-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #47
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Yeah .... that would be awesome !! Staying in the castle suite, I mean not marrying Jonas whoever that is .....LOL
I mean "a Jonas." I'm too old and my eyes are too bad to be responding to posts on an ipad! LOL! Kevin is already taken, so I guess it'll have to be Joe. Nick is just too young.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #48
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I mean "a Jonas." I'm too old and my eyes are too bad to be responding to posts on an ipad! LOL! Kevin is already taken, so I guess it'll have to be Joe. Nick is just too young.
Yeah, I though that was what you meant. But ............I dunno. They just don't do it for me. Hugh Jackman is my kinda man. You think they would let him stay in the castle suite ???
Old 04-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #49
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 - Part Two

After getting all of our belongings situated, DD wanted to go to Downtown Disney. She had a gift card burning a hole in her pocket and she wanted to spend it. So off we went.

View from the window outside the bank of elevators.

DD wanted to go to Build-A-Dino first and get a stuffed animal. Because &. you know &.. she doesnt have enough of THOSE. Build  A  Dino is just like Build-A-Bear and is located inside the T-Rex restaurant.

This is the animal she chose. It is a Tasmanian Wolf. Whatever that is.

Here are the animals you could chose from

Here is the stuffing machine

Here are a bunch of clothes you can buy for your animal

There was some really cute stuff.

Our turn to get some stuffing

DD giving her animal a bath

Then you get a birth certificate

She really enjoyed her experience here and she was able to use a $10 coupon she had gotten from the Build-A-Bear back home.
She got some shoes and some glasses as well

She was also able to use her Disney gift card. It ended up costing about $30. I cant remember if that was before or after her $10 coupon though.

After that we looked around in World of Disney

I bought a box of 4  500 piece puzzles.

We looked around some more at some other shops but didnt buy anything else. For lunch we decided to eat at Wolfgang Puck Express.
Here are a few photos from our meal.

I give a full review on my Dining Review thread here. After lunch, DD was dying to swim, so we headed back to Bay Lake.

Last edited by jecskc; 04-10-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #50
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

Build-a-dino? I had no idea, lol.

I love Disney puzzles and we always seem to have one going here
Old 04-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #51
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Cool, build a dino! I didn't know there was such a thing.
My mom loves puzzles, I've never seen those ones before! I'll have to keep my eyes open, they'd make a great Christmas present!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #52
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymomof4 View Post
Build-a-dino? I had no idea, lol.

I love Disney puzzles and we always seem to have one going here
I didn't either until about a year ago. DD sniffed it out, though. She loves her stuffed animals. We are having a garage sale this weekend where I hope to get rid of some of her pile. She has WAAAAAYYY too many !!!

I love puzzles, too and since I got hurt, it gives me something to do since I can't play tennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Cool, build a dino! I didn't know there was such a thing.
My mom loves puzzles, I've never seen those ones before! I'll have to keep my eyes open, they'd make a great Christmas present!
Yep. Build-A-Dino right there in T-Rex. It is a nice little experience. There were children of all ages in there. They have some cute dinos, too.

These puzzles are so pretty. I can't wait to get started on one. I need to use the puzzle table for a garage sale this weekend, so after that, I can get one going. I just love the Thomas Kinkade ones. I have the one with Cinderellas castle that is 1000 pieces. I just love it. That scene is the wallpaper on my computer.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #53
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I love the Build-a-dino!! One of our little wedding guests made a pink dino on that trip and brought it to the wedding - so cute! And $30 seems like a good price. I love your puzzles - Thomas Kinkade does some amazing work.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #54
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
This is the animal she chose. It is a Tasmanian Wolf. Whatever that is.
I thought it sounded like something made up. I googled it and it is actually a thing. You know, since the internet knows all and never lies, I have to believe it now.

Nothing beats a mean, carnivorous animal wearing pink flip flops and sunglasses. I'm glad she enjoyed building her Tasmanian Wolf.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #55
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #56
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I though that was what you meant. But ............I dunno. They just don't do it for me. Hugh Jackman is my kinda man. You think they would let him stay in the castle suite ???
Oooo..I had forgotten about the Marvel folks now being part of the Disney family. In that case, I'm kicking Joe to the curb for Mark Ruffalo.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #57
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hidden Mickey on the brownie!

I love the Thomas Kinkade paintings. We spent a lot of time looking at them at the Thomas Kinkade gallery in Savannah. There are more Disney painting there than in the one in Gatlinburg.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #58
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I love the Build-a-dino!! One of our little wedding guests made a pink dino on that trip and brought it to the wedding - so cute! And $30 seems like a good price. I love your puzzles - Thomas Kinkade does some amazing work.
Sadly, he passed away about a year ago. I love his stuff, too. I have several of his other puzzles that are not Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I thought it sounded like something made up. I googled it and it is actually a thing. You know, since the internet knows all and never lies, I have to believe it now.

Nothing beats a mean, carnivorous animal wearing pink flip flops and sunglasses. I'm glad she enjoyed building her Tasmanian Wolf.
It is the truth if it is on the internet ... isn't it ??

That last sentence made me LOL. Too funny !! She insisted on naming it some girly name like Savannah or some such. Also, we are to understand that this wolf is most certainly female. DD has NO male stuffed animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Joining in!
Thanks for coming over the DR !! Glad to have you !!!

Quote:
Oooo..I had forgotten about the Marvel folks now being part of the Disney family. In that case, I'm kicking Joe to the curb for Mark Ruffalo.
Um .... YEAH !! When is Disney going to revoke Universal's permission to use it, I wonder .....

Quote:
Hidden Mickey on the brownie!

I love the Thomas Kinkade paintings. We spent a lot of time looking at them at the Thomas Kinkade gallery in Savannah. There are more Disney painting there than in the one in Gatlinburg.
I see that hidden Mickey !!!

His stuff is so beautiful and peaceful. I just love it.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #59
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Um .... YEAH !! When is Disney going to revoke Universal's permission to use it, I wonder .....
They'd have to buy out the agreement Universal Orlando has with Marvel. I guess there isn't a quick enough ROI on buying out the agreement and then developing attractions for WDW versus just letting the agreement run its course and collecting what ever licensing fees they get. However, they can develop Marvel attractions for Disneyland, so I think they should put Marvel area out there, and a Star Wars land at WDW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: