Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #436
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of how Dinoland fits (or rather doesn't) with the rest of the AK park, but I do appreciate the cheesey humor of it.

Yeah, it is cute, I think. I am not sure how Avatar really fits in either. To me, it would fit in better over at HS, but whatever. Anything new in either park will be good.

I'm always up for 3 rides in a row on Dinosaur! Granted, they probably couldn't make it any rougher of a ride if they tried, but it is fun and the animatronics are pretty impressive!
To me, it just isn't fun. I find myself ahnging on with my head down and my eyes closed and wishing the ride was over. I am better off waiting outside in the gift shop for them to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thanks !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Fun rest of the morning at AK. I cannot remember the last time we did Kali Rapids. Mark has an issue with getting wet. Maybe the girls will want to go on since it will be hot next month.

I like the ride and I don't mind getting wet if it is the last thing we do before we leave the park. Otherwise, I prefer not to be soaking wet the entire day.

We loved our character meet and greet with Doug and Russell last year.

They were very cute and lovable. DD enjoyed them very much.

Wow...talk about a woman who needs to tone it down a notch (or two or three).
She seemed desperate for attention. Her family seemed very embarrassed by her display. She had on some tight blue jean shorts and there was a prescription bottle peeking out of the top of her pocket. In fact, more than half the bottle was sticking out. I was dying to know what was in it. But me personally ?? I keep all of my prescriptions in a safe place and I try not to let my crazy run free in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
Caught up again. I really need to get out of my miserable mood. You and Scott are going to make me blush. Thankfully I've been at ball games so my face is already red.

I would say you need to snap out of it, but I always hate it when people say that to me. An injury like yours is very depressing. You don't realize it until you have had to deal with it for a couple of months, but it wears on you emotionally. It's exhausting to constantly be "blocking" out the pain and it does put you in a bad mood.

I like Dinosaur but it can be a very jerky ride. I think I like it more for the challenge of trying to get pictures on it .

Too jerky for me. And too dark. Maybe if there was a little more light. I dunno. DD loves it though.

I have never gone on Kali. I have way to much invested in my cameras to risk them getting wet.

They have lockers you can put your stuff in. But on Kali .... you WILL get wet. I always get SOAKED. Like wring your under out, soaked. So I sit that one out, too.

The egg rolls look good. DO you get one or 2 per order?

Yes, you get two for a snack credit.

I can spend the whole day at AK. I love the park and there are so many photographic opportunities. That lady in the line may have caused me to leave for asperin. I know I can be loud at times but it's because I have a hearing loss and I compensate. I just tell my family they need to remind me if I am getting too loud.

I agree that AK provides some excellent photo opportunities.

I didn't notice that you were loud at all.

Looking forward to more.
More coming up !!
Old 05-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #437
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Yeah, it is cute, I think. I am not sure how Avatar really fits in either. To me, it would fit in better over at HS, but whatever. Anything new in either park will be good.
In my opinion, Avatar doesn't fit anywhere, but that is an entirely different conversation.

That is a shame about the lady in line. Not only for being annoying, but the fact that she could have ruined the magic for some poor kid in line.

I'm glad your DD got to meet Dug and Russell. I know he probably gets it all the time and it is to the point that it must be absolutely annoying, but there is no way I could meet Dug without yelling "squirrel!" at least 2 or 3 times.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #438
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I thought they decided to ditch the Avatar thing?

RIP Genie
Old 05-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #440
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I thought they decided to ditch the Avatar thing?
Quote:
It is hard to tell anymore. I thought it was still on. Lemme Google and get back to you.

OK. Looks like it is still on track.

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/board...nimal-kingdom/
There have certainly been all kinds of rumors both that it is still on and saying that it isn't going to happen.

I guess from one side, it would be nice just to see something new added to the parks, but at the same time... I just didn't get Avatar. I thought the CGI was pretty impressive, but I watched it once and don't have any desire to see it again. I just can't get myself excited about seeing "Avatarland"
Old 05-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #441
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There have certainly been all kinds of rumors both that it is still on and saying that it isn't going to happen.

I guess from one side, it would be nice just to see something new added to the parks, but at the same time... I just didn't get Avatar. I thought the CGI was pretty impressive, but I watched it once and don't have any desire to see it again. I just can't get myself excited about seeing "Avatarland"
I am not "excited" about it. But it would be nice to have another ride or two at AK and it looks like they had a some cool things planned.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #442
daisymomof4
Mouseketeer

The pic of your DD hugging Dug is so cute! He's just squeezing her, lol.

I love that Kali River Rapids sign so much. Secretly I want to steal it and hang it in my house (maybe not such a secret now!)
Old 05-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #443
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymomof4 View Post
The pic of your DD hugging Dug is so cute! He's just squeezing her, lol.

She had such a good interaction with them. They were very energetic and so much fun. We waited about 20 minutes and it was worth it.

I love that Kali River Rapids sign so much. Secretly I want to steal it and hang it in my house (maybe not such a secret now!)
I just love the themeing there in general. All of the signs and "advertisements" are so interesting and cool. It is very interesting park. Very visually entertaining.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #444
MEK
DIS Veteran

Cute character meet. Ugh to the annoying woman in line. I know that sometimes I can be loud, too. But I hope I am never that bad. Love your scenery pics. I think those egg rolls are a great snack credit.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #445
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Cute character meet. Ugh to the annoying woman in line. I know that sometimes I can be loud, too. But I hope I am never that bad. Love your scenery pics. I think those egg rolls are a great snack credit.
I can be loud as well. But this one?? She was a whole new level.

I love AK. Such a great park for photos.

The egg rolls were really good and DH and I split those and the chicken fried rice. Two snack credits. We weren't full, but we knew the kids wouldn't eat their meals later at the Mara, so we were fine with our snack knowing we would finish what they wouldn't. And I like that they have something to offer besides the whole burger and fries thing. It is tasty food.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #446
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In my opinion, Avatar doesn't fit anywhere, but that is an entirely different conversation.

I think it would fit in better over at Hollywood studios. I dunno. I do believe that anything they come up with will be pretty neat. Wherever they decide to build it.

That is a shame about the lady in line. Not only for being annoying, but the fact that she could have ruined the magic for some poor kid in line.

She was really an interesting character.

I'm glad your DD got to meet Dug and Russell. I know he probably gets it all the time and it is to the point that it must be absolutely annoying, but there is no way I could meet Dug without yelling "squirrel!" at least 2 or 3 times.
Fortunately for Dug, we weren't tempted to shout that out. It was a great character interaction. Very much worth the wait. Annoyance and all.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #447
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Omg!! Dug and Russel are adorable !!! How rude of the Loud Lady. I have a certain family member like that come to think of it. Loud and attention seeking, but essentially harmless. Still, she could easily have ruined the magic for some kids.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #448
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just love the themeing there in general. All of the signs and "advertisements" are so interesting and cool. It is very interesting park. Very visually entertaining.
Totally agree. This park is more themed than the others, imo. So much to see if we just pay attention. And I always feel like I've missed so much. I guess if you consider AK an amusement park, you won't like it. But if you realize that it is a "theme" park and go with the intention of immersing yourself in the theme, then you love it.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #449
matblake
Earning My Ears

Finally caught up again. I really like AK. It's not for everyone, DW only liked FOTLK and the bird show, but it just feels so much more laid back than the other parks. World Showcase isn't that far behind IMO.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #450
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I have been reading your TR for the last week, and I finally caught up.
Did you have a car?
I just wondered how you transferred from BLT to the AK.
We switched resorts and we let them transfer our luggage for us and it worked really great.

I enjoyed all your pictures. I take lousy pictures.
I hope your knee gets better. I sprained my ankle last August and I am still having issues. It is no fun. At times I wished I had a

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: