Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #31
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay I'm here! That's funny that you did a split stay of both of the resorts I just did a split stay in on my Feb. trip! Can't wait to read more!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 04-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #32
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymomof4 View Post
Oh gosh, just 3 stairs! That just really stinks. I hope you recover well enough to play even a little tennis some day.

(My friend tripped over her dog)
Our dog was involved. She was barking at something and knocking things over and I shifted my focus from the stairs to see what the fuss was and missed a step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
I'm home and here. Looking forward to reading along.
Hey Lorrie !!! Welcome back !! So glad you are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay I'm here! That's funny that you did a split stay of both of the resorts I just did a split stay in on my Feb. trip! Can't wait to read more!
Hey Jen !! I am so glad you came over to follow along. I need to catch up on everyone's TRs.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #33
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – Part One

DH likes to drive at night, so we got up SUPER early – about 2 AM and got on the road. We live in South Carolina, so it usually takes us about 7 hours to get there at night. I takes about an hour more when there is traffic. Traffic was basically non-existent and we (not DH) dozed off and on as he drove. At sunrise, we stopped at the Waffle House for breakfast.

The kids and DH love Waffle House. I always feel like I need a bath when I leave. Their food is OK, but their restaurants are always dirty. Anyway, we did that and after a couple of hours, we were driving through these wonderful gates.

We are DVC owners and for the first five nights of this trip, we were staying at Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort. This resort is new to us and we were so excited to stay there.

Our first monorail sighting !!

Another !!

Entrance

Lobby

This resort is so cool. I normally prefer a more traditional décor, but I found myself loving the modern furnishings and decorations.

Fountain outside and some very tall bamboo.

Back inside

Since it was Easter, they had some Easter decorations. We saw them everywhere during our trip.

More décor.

We checked in about 9:30 AM and our room was ready !! We were so excited.

I tried to get photos before everyone made a huge mess. Which happened sooner rather than later. I live with the 3 little pigs, y'all.

Foyer

The guest bathroom.

Laundry

Dining Area

Last edited by jecskc; 04-10-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #34
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – Part One (cont’d)

Kitchen

Living room.

In addition to the sofa folding out, the chair folded out to a twin bed.

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom

Balcony

Shuffleboard

We were so excited about our room and was really amazing. There were sliding doors everywhere and I thought this was brilliant. Especially when we moved over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. The doors that swing open take up so much room and you really notice it in a smaller room. Our room at Bay Lake was bigger than our room at AKL, but the space would have been better at AKL if it had sliding doors as well. I loved them. We thought there weren’t any locks on the sliding doors, but our 10 year old showed us how to lock them. Go figure.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #35
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Hey Sarah !! I am so happy you are here. Gah - I am so kicking myself that I didn't get to meet you and Erin. Dang !! Are you going to do a TR ?? I wanna follow along on yours, too, if you do. We can look for each other in our photos ... LOL. But from your facebook posts, I would say they we weren't ever at the same place at the same time. Except the reost, of course.
I know, it is a bummer we couldn't meet up. I am planning on doing a TR and will hopefully have it started within the next couple of days! I will post the link on my PTR.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 04-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #37
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I'm a huge BLT fan so your room makes me smile!!! Was it a 1 or 2 bedroom? It looks so much like our 2 bedroom that we had last summer with the "laundry room" ... I agree the pocket doors are such a space saver. That's funny that your DS showed you how to lock the doors. I was at BLT at least 3 times before I noticed the little latch doohickie.

I've never been to a Waffle House but from your photos the food looks pretty good - especially the waffle!
Old 04-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #38
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I'm a huge BLT fan so your room makes me smile!!! Was it a 1 or 2 bedroom? It looks so much like our 2 bedroom that we had last summer with the "laundry room" ... I agree the pocket doors are such a space saver. That's funny that your DS showed you how to lock the doors. I was at BLT at least 3 times before I noticed the little latch doohickie.

I've never been to a Waffle House but from your photos the food looks pretty good - especially the waffle!
We had a one bedroom and we loved it !! The kids appreciated not having to share a bed. DD is the one who figured it out - the lock on the door that is. Which I think is ironic since she is the only one in our family who doesn't knock when the door is closed. I can't tell you how may times i have had to yell out "I just want to pee alone !!" Don't you have four kids ?? I know you know what I mean ... LOL.

The food there is good, but the places are always so dirty. They are open 24 hours so I imagine they get a lot of wear and tear. But some of them are just nasty. I do love the food though !!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #39
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Ah, the Awful Waffle. My dd loves that place too. I think I burnt out on it during college. I told dd y'all stayed at BLT. She is extremely jealous. The Contemporary and BLT are her dream resorts. That view is gorgeous. I think I might almost prefer it to a an MK view....almost.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #40
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Ah, the Awful Waffle. My dd loves that place too. I think I burnt out on it during college. I told dd y'all stayed at BLT. She is extremely jealous. The Contemporary and BLT are her dream resorts. That view is gorgeous. I think I might almost prefer it to a an MK view....almost.
Well, we need a to plan for you guys to stay a couple of nights with us sometime. You know, get a 2 bedroom. I am serious. DD's new dream is stay in a grand villa. I imagine the points for those are crazy !!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #41
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:

Well, we need a to plan for you guys to stay a couple of nights with us sometime. You know, get a 2 bedroom. I am serious. DD's new dream is stay in a grand villa. I imagine the points for those are crazy !!
Anytime! Grand Villa, huh? Well if you're going t o dream, dream big. My dream is the castle suite. If I have to marry Jonas to make it happen, so be it.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #42
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Anytime! Grand Villa, huh? Well if you're going t o dream, dream big. My dream is the castle suite. If I have to marry Jonas to make it happen, so be it.
Yeah .... that would be awesome !! Staying in the castle suite, I mean not marrying Jonas whoever that is .....LOL
Old 04-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #43
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hello! Looks like a fun report, I'm joining in!
Old 04-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #44
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Their food is OK, but their restaurants are always dirty.
That might be the best description of Waffle House, ever!

I'm glad you like your room so much at BLT. I'd love to stay there or the Contemporary sometime just to have that proximity to the MK.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #45
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

That room looks very nice. I thought about renting points for my trip in December but I don't think that is going to happen. I like to have some control over my reservation. I am going to have to decide soon. BLT was on my list though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: