Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #376
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
Enjoying your tr! I'd love to stay in a one bedroom at blt next year. I'm a bit nervous about the possibility of renting points, though. Loving the pics in your report.
Thanks for stopping by !!!

I highly recommend renting DVC points. We did that in June of 2011 and it was fantastic. We signed with DVC during that trip. Renting points is almost HALF as much as paying though Disney. There's a guy on the Dis that rents them and he is SUPER nice. It was a very positive experience for us.

Here is a link to his site: http://www.dvcrequest.com/?oid=29_1
Old 05-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #377
tazdev3225
I sucked my thumb up with the vacuum
I fell up a mountain skiing and sprained both my ankles

I love the hat pics of your kids. Glad you are checking them out after last year. DOn't need a repeat of that.

You're right after all of the detours I had to take I think I am good finding my way around.

I watched the movie in China and what I saw was nice but I get really nauseous with all the movies in WS. Same reason I can't do Soarin, motion sickness standing still.

I booked my trip for December renting points. We'll be at SSR. I am looking forward to it although I was a little nervous at first. Now if I can contain my excitement for 7 months.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #378
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdev3225 View Post
I love the hat pics of your kids. Glad you are checking them out after last year. DOn't need a repeat of that.

No. We DON'T !!

You're right after all of the detours I had to take I think I am good finding my way around.

Always good to have knowledge of the area, even if you get said knowledge from being perpetually lost.

I watched the movie in China and what I saw was nice but I get really nauseous with all the movies in WS. Same reason I can't do Soarin, motion sickness standing still.

I can handle it for a few minutes, so I am OK. Much longer than that, though and I have the same problem.

I booked my trip for December renting points. We'll be at SSR. I am looking forward to it although I was a little nervous at first. Now if I can contain my excitement for 7 months.
Have you ever stayed there before ?? We love it there.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #379
tazdev3225

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Have you ever stayed there before ?? We love it there.
Getting lost is sometimes the best way to learn where you are. I even found a shortcut the last day.

No this will be a first. I stayed at the Grand Floridian years ago and it was really nice. That's where I learned the advantage of staying on site. Plus that trip was really cheap, airfare and hotel for 7 days was less than $400. My aunt and her partner paid for everything.

I was a little nervous about committing to the rental and have a few worries that I'll get there and we'll have a huge problem and nowhere to stay. The company I used came highly recommended from another friend here on the Dis and she has always had success with them.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #380
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Getting lost is sometimes the best way to learn where you are. I even found a shortcut the last day.

No this will be a first. I stayed at the Grand Floridian years ago and it was really nice. That's where I learned the advantage of staying on site. Plus that trip was really cheap, airfare and hotel for 7 days was less than $400. My aunt and her partner paid for everything.

I was a little nervous about committing to the rental and have a few worries that I'll get there and we'll have a huge problem and nowhere to stay. The company I used came highly recommended from another friend here on the Dis and she has always had success with them.
They should have the reservation in your name. I would call SSR and just double check on everything before you leave.

You will love all of the Christmas decor !!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #381
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Getting lost is sometimes the best way to learn where you are. .
Agreed!
Old 05-06-2013, 10:52 AM   #382
tazdev3225

Quote:
They should have the reservation in your name. I would call SSR and just double check on everything before you leave.

You will love all of the Christmas decor !!
I checked the Disney website with the confirmation number and I am in the system. Now all I need to do is try and figure out what I want to eat 6 months early. I hate that part.

We have been there in December before but I plan on this being a relaxing trip and am getting a few tours for my DH. He loves the trains so I plan on booking the Steam engine tour at MK. It's his Christmas present so don't tell him.
Seriously I'm planning the tours as an early Christmas gift for him but I know he'll love this one. My FIL worked for Reading RR and my DH has loved trains since he was a very small boy.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #383
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Because we were late getting to the park, the fast passes were gone for Soarin' and Test Track. DD really wanted to do Test Track, but even the single rider line was 45 minutes, so we passed.

We consoled her with some ice cream.
That is a disappointment that she couldn't ride, but you can't go wrong with Mickey ice cream.

Quote:
DD wanted some more ice cream and they have this booth in France the sells the best ice cream. She got a vanilla cone.
Somebody really likes their ice cream!

Quote:
This is called the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush (Grey Goose Vodka Orange, St. Germain liquor, White and Red Cranberry Juice)

The best drink EVER !!
I guess I'll just have to take your word for it.

I admittedly liked the orange slush I tried last time.

Quote:
I loved this guy. Such a creative arrangement.

Quote:
She cracks me up. For realz.
At least you know she was having fun!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #384
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I checked the Disney website with the confirmation number and I am in the system. Now all I need to do is try and figure out what I want to eat 6 months early. I hate that part.

I love that part !! I can't WAIT to make reservations !!

We have been there in December before but I plan on this being a relaxing trip and am getting a few tours for my DH. He loves the trains so I plan on booking the Steam engine tour at MK. It's his Christmas present so don't tell him.

I will have to remember that next time I see him !! HAHAHA

Seriously I'm planning the tours as an early Christmas gift for him but I know he'll love this one. My FIL worked for Reading RR and my DH has loved trains since he was a very small boy.
That sounds like a nice Christmas present. DH did the Epcot Segway Tour in November and he LOVED it !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
That is a disappointment that she couldn't ride, but you can't go wrong with Mickey ice cream.

It always seems to make things better

Somebody really likes their ice cream!

You noticed that, huh ?? Her father is the same way. The both of them can plow through some ice cream !!

I guess I'll just have to take your word for it.

Truth.

I admittedly liked the orange slush I tried last time.

I like the yellow ones !!

At least you know she was having fun!
She cracks me up. Makes me laugh every day.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #385
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Day 6 – Part Five

After dinner, DD went swimming and I took a few photos around the resort.

I went upstairs to rest and ice my ankle, DS came with me. After a while DH and DD came back. Then DD wanted to go see the animals, so DH took her to do that.

A couple of photos that he took.

DH said that they had the campfire going and he and DD roasted some marshmallows. DD loved this and to tell the truth, I was kinda sad I missed it. But my ankle – the thing that rules my world these days – needed ice and some pain management. Boo !!

They came back up and we settled in for the night. I think the final four was on so we watched that and went to bed.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #386
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Your pictures of AKL are so pretty. I want to stay there again so bad!!!

And we have been thinking about doing the campfire in August. I think it would be a nice way to relax, and eat of course.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #387
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm sorry your ankle was taking some of the fun out of the evening, but I'm sure you were glad the next day that you stayed in and iced it instead of getting out and around any more.

As much as I love WL, I really need to check out AKL. That lobby looks beautiful.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #388
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Your pictures of AKL are so pretty. I want to stay there again so bad!!!

Yeah. It is pretty awesome. I prefer the bigger 1 BR rooms at Kidani as opposed to Jambo.

And we have been thinking about doing the campfire in August. I think it would be a nice way to relax, and eat of course.
DD loves the campfires ..... and the marshmallows

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm sorry your ankle was taking some of the fun out of the evening, but I'm sure you were glad the next day that you stayed in and iced it instead of getting out and around any more.

My ankle takes the fun out of pretty much everything in my life these days. It. Sucks. And I miss out on a bunch of fun things because of it.

As much as I love WL, I really need to check out AKL. That lobby looks beautiful.
I am sure you know they are designed by the same person. So they have a similar feel to them. I love them both !! You should definitely go over and check it out !!
Old 05-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #389
melmar136
DIS Veteran

hmmm, do you think I'd be sick if I got a pink ggs, a margarita AND an ice cream from France? Not sure which to choose, they all look so good!!!
Love the picture of your DD with the viking hat!
Always want to do the campfire/roasting marshmallows, but since we are almost always there in Aug, it seems way too hot to bother.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #390
jecskc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post
hmmm, do you think I'd be sick if I got a pink ggs, a margarita AND an ice cream from France? Not sure which to choose, they all look so good!!!

You see that is the beauty of World Showcase. You CAN have all of those things. You just have to pace yourself. The ice cream in France is amazing !!

Love the picture of your DD with the viking hat!

She seriously cracks me up !! But you know what that is like since your DD is so hilarious.

Always want to do the campfire/roasting marshmallows, but since we are almost always there in Aug, it seems way too hot to bother.
I agree. Our weather for the last few days was A-MAZ-ING !! Just perfect. 50's at night. 70's during the day. I don't care what anyone says. I love Spring Break at Disney !!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: