Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

Trip insurance???

I am assuming hat DCL offers it, but I couldn't find it in the website. I'm just looking for some opinions on whether or not you purchased it. We have not for two prior cruises. By we are going on the Nov 6th cruise out of Miami, and after Sandy last year, I'm a bit skeptical... All opinions are welcome!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

DCL does offer trip insurance, but you should also check-out other private insurances to see what best suits your needs. One big plus for DCL's insurance is that if you have to cancel and the insurance denies your claim, you are allowed to take a credit and reschedule for another date. It also covers medical. However, DCL insurance ONLY covers those portions of the trip that are purchased through DCL - if you purchase your airline or other hotel(s) on your own then that won't be covered by DCL. So do your research, find what's best for you. I think a lot use insuremytrip.com.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
PWammy
Mouseketeer

Definitely check out insuremytrip.com; I always use it and never use the option offered by whatever carrier I am travelling on; they typically have exclusions that really make them not worth it.
PWammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
sdjen
DIS Veteran

Another site i would recommend would be squaremouth dot com.

i have used them twice and really like the compare feature. Helps you pick and choose what is more important to you.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
MikeAndNick
If you can dream it, you can do it.

For the little bit the trip insurance cost do not do without it.The Disney Insurance only covers the trip and has restrictions. If you go with a third party agency they can cover all expenses, trip delay and medical problems. We have used the trip insurance 3 different times. Once for when my son got sick, once for when I fell into a drawbridge in Aruba and once when we got delayed in Washington DC on the way to Puerto Rico. All three times we were able to collect on the insurance and they were done with no hassles.

If you do a search on the boards you will see people that did not have insurance or only had Disney Insurance and wish they had full trip insurance.
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 AM   #6
my3lilonkeyz
Earning My Ears

How late can you purchase trip insurance? Does it have to be purchased a certain length of time before you cruise or can you purchase the week before?

my3lilonkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: