Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #1
JJsmama
Becoming an accidental expert on resorts Far from The World!

How to: mom arriving mid trip: tix? DDP?

I have ressie at GF this summer. My pay off date is coming up soon and I need some advice.

Myself and 3 sons will be there 3-4 days before my mom, then she will come and join us. I made sure that I booked a room which can allow 2A/3K. The CM I spoke to said I should not add mom to ressie now, or I will have to buy her 7 days of tix. But that I should add her at the front desk when I get there.
And then just buy her separate park tickets.
Is that right according to your DIS?

Also, right now I have not added the DDP, but am considering it. If I add DDP, can I add her and get her DDP for the days she is there? Or will the DDP not work at all in this situation?

Contemporary x 5 trips, Polynesian x 4 trips, Beach Club x 2 trip, Wilderness Lodge x 1 trip, Port Orleans R / FQ x 3 trips, All Stars Movies x 1 trip, Tokyo DisneyLand and Tokyo DisneySea x 1 trip, Disney Cruise line x 3 cruises

Animal Kingdom Lodge & Contemporary Here We Come! Summer 2014
JJsmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsmama View Post
I have ressie at GF this summer. My pay off date is coming up soon and I need some advice.

Myself and 3 sons will be there 3-4 days before my mom, then she will come and join us. I made sure that I booked a room which can allow 2A/3K. The CM I spoke to said I should not add mom to ressie now, or I will have to buy her 7 days of tix. But that I should add her at the front desk when I get there.
And then just buy her separate park tickets.
Is that right according to your DIS?
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsmama View Post
Also, right now I have not added the DDP, but am considering it. If I add DDP, can I add her and get her DDP for the days she is there? Or will the DDP not work at all in this situation?
The DDP will not work in your situation. Unless you get it just for yourself and your sons. In order for your Mom to get the DDP, you would have to add her to your reservation for the whole time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
1971DBday
Keep moving forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Yup.

The DDP will not work in your situation. Unless you get it just for yourself and your sons. In order for your Mom to get the DDP, you would have to add her to your reservation for the whole time.
All of this is correct. It will be better and more cost effective for you to pay OOP for her. Also remember, she will not have access for the use of ME since she is not on your reservation. Not sure when you are leaving, maybe someone else can answer.
'79 1st trip (child); '95 Honeymoon WL; '98 GF; '02 Poly; Nov/Dec '06 CSR; Nov/Dec '07 CBR; Nov/Dec '08 CSR; Nov/Dec2009Poly; Nov/Dec2010Poly; Oct '11 Poly; June '12 Poly; June '13 BC; Planning June 2014 AKV as First Time DVC Owners

1971DBday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #4
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

I, too, was told by the CM to add my mom at check-in. They actually said she could use ME but wouldn't get the docs and would have to check in with ME directly at the airport, if I added her info, but we opted for SuperShuttle for her so she can be dropped directly at the park on arrival day (she's only coming for 1 night). I would not have been able to add her to DDP on check-in (we opted against DDP altogether) the only way she could have been on our DDP would have been to add her for the whole trip which would have wasted the $$ on the unused tickets, extra DP days, and the $25/nt fee (we already have 2 adults). I have about a month until our trip, and can let you know how it goes!
iheartjuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

You can add the dining plan for you and your sons if your mom is not on the reservation. In order to get the dining plan for your mom, you would need to add her to the reservation before the trip, but she would then have dining credits for the entire trip and not just the number of days that she is there. My recollection is that the dining plan must be added at least 5 days prior to arrival (it might be 3 days, I can't remember the exact detail off the top of my head).

If you and your sons (and/or mom while she is there) would be able to use the extra dining credits, you could add her to the reservation for the full trip and just use the extra dining credits as you need to.

In that particular scenario, if you and your sons need 7 day tickets, but your mom only needs 4, then you should just get 4 day tickets on the package and then upgrade the ones for you and your sons after you get there.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class

UPCOMING: April 2014 Yacht Club

CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic
UPCOMING** November 2014 Disney Fantasy

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
graceesmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: