Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
mouskemomof2
Earning My Ears

Birthday While in WDW

We are visiting for my son's 10th birthday. Here's the dilemma: He is still 9 now (obviously) but will be 10 halfway through the trip. We purchased dining plan for our stay for him as a child (under 10). We are staying at different hotel from his birthday to the end of the trip. Will it be OK that we purchased the kids plan and he will be 10? Anyone have encounters with this??
Old 04-08-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

I booked a trip for mine and my DD's birthdays and asked the CM if I should list her as 4 or 5 and she said to just put her age when we actually check in. So she's listed on our reservation as 4. I don't know if they'd be pickier with that because of the "Disney adult" age. Also, will he want to dine off of a kids menu? We have two that have always eaten like birds and one that has eaten like a grown man since birth!!
martinezmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #3
martinezmom3
Mouseketeer

Oh, and the one who eats like a grown man is a bean pole skinny little girl Have a great trip
martinezmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouskemomof2 View Post
We are visiting for my son's 10th birthday. Here's the dilemma: He is still 9 now (obviously) but will be 10 halfway through the trip. We purchased dining plan for our stay for him as a child (under 10). We are staying at different hotel from his birthday to the end of the trip. Will it be OK that we purchased the kids plan and he will be 10? Anyone have encounters with this??
In my opinion, no. When you check into your second reservation, he will be 10 therefore a Disney adult. Though you should call Disney and ask them the policy.
worm761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #5
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouskemomof2 View Post
I'm a bit confused. Disney does not see what you have as one reservation, but as two. You would have to have purchased the dining plan separate for each resort say. Don't you have 2 reservations, not 1?

What should happen is you have 2 separate reservations, and 2 separate dining plans. So for the second part of your trip, when you check in when your son is 10, he will need the adult dining plan.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
Tinkerpeas hubby
Mouseketeer

When we have booked for our son in his 10th birthday ( we did 21 nights and he was 10 3 days after we arrived ) we was told that as long as he is 9 at the time of arriving then he is classed as 9 for the whole trip this included moving hotels in the middle of the trip!
We also had the DDP for both parts of the trip and Disney said this was fine!

Moi (31): dw (27): B (10) Ant (7): Avatar (7):
Tinkerpeas hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerpeas hubby View Post
When we have booked for our son in his 10th birthday ( we did 21 nights and he was 10 3 days after we arrived ) we was told that as long as he is 9 at the time of arriving then he is classed as 9 for the whole trip this included moving hotels in the middle of the trip!
We also had the DDP for both parts of the trip and Disney said this was fine!
With this bit of information, I would call and ask.

You may want to consider though that your son may get sick of ordering of the children's menus. If he is an adventurous eater he may be happier with the larger selection the adult dining plan would offer him. If he is listed at 9 for the whole trip he will have to order of the children's menus the whole time. You can't use a child's credit for adult menu items.

Just something else to think about.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: