Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 05:46 AM   #916
KayW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Welcome back! WAs thinking of you today and hoping your vacation was good. Smirked about the April comment. If you listened to the news this week up here you would think it was a real happening with the conversation of removing the February vacation week and moving April to March.

Your vacation sounded like mine with the warm weather, missing a storm here, and the short rain making things steamy. February is a strange month. At least this year was crazy.

Glad you got back ok. Hope your overall flight experience, minus the delay, was a good one. Did you get that speedy return home of just a little over 2 hours?
Yes we did. Just a little over 2 hours. I wasn't originally assigned a seat so had to checkin at the gate. My husband had been assigned row 3 and my daughter row 16. My daughter and I got moved to row 1. A little more space was nice.

Were some schools talking about moving the vacation to March? My district already approved the calendar for next year which includes February and April.
All Star Music 2006 1st visits for my husband and DD ,POP Century 2/2008, POP Century 2/2009 CELBRATING FAMILY!, POFQ 2/2010, Disney Cruise on the Dream 2/2011 and again 2/2012!,Bay Lake Tower 2/2013,Celebrating my 40th at BCV 4/2013, Villas at the Grand Floridian 2/2014
KayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:33 AM   #917
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayW View Post
Yes we did. Just a little over 2 hours. I wasn't originally assigned a seat so had to checkin at the gate. My husband had been assigned row 3 and my daughter row 16. My daughter and I got moved to row 1. A little more space was nice.

Were some schools talking about moving the vacation to March? My district already approved the calendar for next year which includes February and April.
Oooh ya bonus row 1. But overall JetBlue has great seat/leg room.
According to the news some districts were considering the change to March only so that the snow days don't have the kids and teachers in school until July.
I suspect it's going to take a bit of time for districts to discuss and vote on that if any are serious about it.

I wish I were on today or tomorrow's flight to Disney. Oh well. We are looking at finances and talking about a few home improvements. Hmmm if I put them on my Disney Visa and get rewards point...... It's still going to be awhile.
DH talked with a friend about going when they go with their kids in Fall 2015. We'll have to wait and see. I had a 2104 trip so I guess it's time to get on with my life of reality.

I just hope JEtBlue Worcester continues to be a good thing!

Happy Reality to all of the February Dissers.
And Pixie dust to all of you that haven't left yet.

Have a magical day everyone!

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #918
Disneymaddness
DIS Veteran

One more sleep!
POR- 7/05, 8/07, 7/11, 5/13, 2/14
Disneymaddness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #919
disneysunshine85
Mouseketeer

We leave Thursday morning!!!!
disneysunshine85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:18 AM   #920
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymaddness View Post
One more sleep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysunshine85 View Post
We leave Thursday morning!!!!

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
Old 03-08-2014, 02:51 PM   #921
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

I'm so sad the February threads have seemed to die out. It makes it seem more real that my trip is over! I having some definite post-Disney blues today. I don't think I'll be back next year. Too many other things I need to save money for.
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #922
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfriend416 View Post
I'm so sad the February threads have seemed to die out. It makes it seem more real that my trip is over! I having some definite post-Disney blues today. I don't think I'll be back next year. Too many other things I need to save money for.
I agree! We are planning for DCL in the future so I have something to look forward too! Next WDW family trip will most likely 2016/2017. I will have a trip or 2 on my own for agent stuff but that's not the same.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #923
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfriend416 View Post
I can relate. Big time post-Disney blues.
At least we have a heat wave going here in Massachusetts. It was in the 40s today. Made it nice to get out finally.
But I just said to a friend today that because I no longer have a vacation coming to look forward to, it's making the blues even more difficult to get through.

As a compromise to my feelings, I went today and priced out a new bathtub.
Looking to get something I can go up stairs, close my eyes and play some of the Disney themed music you hear when you are sitting in the hot tub or pool and just pretend I'm there. I mean for the money I could go back to Disney, but then I'd get the blues again, so now its looking more like a remodeling thing. Hmmmm I just realized, if I do that, then I can pay for it with my Disney Visa and get me some more points. Well that works. Cause once the points are back up there, I trip will be in the planning.

I really liked my February vacation. We talked maybe the fall of 2015 but it's not the same since November we still have decent weather here. I'd even consider late March/early April. Gonna have to research that out at some point.
oh ya, I guess I'd have to take the guys with me next time. Ya that makes me be ok with getting the tub and waiting a little. That solo vacation spoiled me big time.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:18 PM   #924
adc
Mouseketeer

Vacation blues here too. We are talking about a trip in 18 months or two years. I'm going to look into renting DVC points.

I went the first week of February. I would definitely return for that week.

Would everyone else return their week?
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:31 PM   #925
adc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Sandals good but personally I prefered to be able to switch out my sandals and sneakers as each fit different for different support and my feet liked the change from day to day. My guess if you are coming from Canada you won't be leaving in sandals and capris. :-) So you'll have them with you when traveling but I don't think you have to pack more. One thing I found this last trip that people were having trouble with is the children being afraid of the autoflush of the toilet. I kept hearing the Mom say "I promise I'll cover the sensor until you are done." So I'm sure when toilet training that makes it a little more difficult. Wonder if there is some kind of tape or something to cover the sensor. I know personally some flushes were a little too aggressive for me and flushed quicker than I expected. My husband and I had some good laughs over a couple stories I shared with him.
So this is really gross, but if my kid isn't going to go because of the sensor and he's gotta go...

I rip off a couple of squares of toilet paper, spit on it to make it stick, and hang it above the sensor.

Gross. I know. It works every time though.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #926
KayW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Vacation blues here too. We are talking about a trip in 18 months or two years. I'm going to look into renting DVC points.

Vacation blues here as well. The weather doesn't help either.

No we are not going to go back in February. We had a good run, but after our flight being cancelled we are going to go during our April vacation week next year. Better weather and Flower and Garden Festival.
All Star Music 2006 1st visits for my husband and DD ,POP Century 2/2008, POP Century 2/2009 CELBRATING FAMILY!, POFQ 2/2010, Disney Cruise on the Dream 2/2011 and again 2/2012!,Bay Lake Tower 2/2013,Celebrating my 40th at BCV 4/2013, Villas at the Grand Floridian 2/2014
KayW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #927
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I was there the first week of February also. We lucked out with our 80+ degree weather. I would return that week also. I liked the break from the snowy cold weather here. It kept me going each storm that came once I was home.

Quote:
So this is really gross, but if my kid isn't going to go because of the sensor and he's gotta go...

I rip off a couple of squares of toilet paper, spit on it to make it stick, and hang it above the sensor.

Gross. I know. It works every time though.
LOL interesting. I hope if it fell off you just took a clean one and didn't try to respit that one. LOL ewwwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayW View Post
Vacation blues here as well. The weather doesn't help either.

No we are not going to go back in February. We had a good run, but after our flight being cancelled we are going to go during our April vacation week next year. Better weather and Flower and Garden Festival.
I hear you on the flight cancelled thing. That would have been frustrating for me too.
I don't have to worry about which week my boys are on vacation anymore. Both are out of school now. (Well last one is aging out in 2 weeks)
Besides at this point not sure they want to go back anyway.

I went during Flower and Garden in 2008 with my younger son. As great at is was weather wise, the crowds were more challenging and the flowers killed me. My allergies were awful. Not sure I"m brave enough to go back that time of year.

Although last night when I was day dreaming about a return I was checking crowd levels and I liked the last week in April crowd levels and was considering a maybe if I wasn't feeling lucky about February again.

Again my main reason for liking January/February is the getting away from the cold and since I'm not locked into specific days with school, postponing a flight is disappointing but not horrendous.
Of course I'm aware it could effect availability of Disney resort room, but .....
it's all a dream right now so I'm not overly concerned about the details of when.

The sun is shining today. I'm happy to not be looking out at snow falling.
Maybe just maybe mother nature is done for this winter.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:35 PM   #928
akayek31
DIS Veteran

We have been back a week and I am in full on Disney and British Revolution depression mode. We return in October so I need to start planning soon. Does anyones else plan on going this year again?

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:21 PM   #929
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We went the last week of February, for the second year in a row. I would definitely go this week again. The only other non-peak time I would ever be able to go is the last week of April. I've heard good things about that week too, in terms of crowds. I'd like to try that week sometime, but I think the chance of discounts is higher in February. I really have no desire to go during the summer or Christmas time. The crowds would make it not worth it for me.
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #930
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Noooooooooooooo!
Not more snow. We had almost 60 degrees today and now they are talking a storm tomorrow night with icing on Thursday.
Noooooooooooooooooooooo
I want to go back to Disney......my happy place.

I saw the Youtube video of the new parade. The video I saw had a woman in the crowd getting all excited and waving at the characters. I was smiling watching her instead of the parade. I bet I looked like that some of my vacation.

Funny how the kid comes out.

warm thoughts to all of you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: