Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #811
jennynyholm
Mouseketeer

Anyone have a link to art of animation's February rec schedule?
jennynyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #812
CassieF
Mouseketeer

Ok...who else is here? Is it just me or is it really crowded? Maybe I'm just used to Disneyland this time of year where it's relatively less crowded, or since it's my first time this actually is low crowds, but it just seems packed! Someone tell me I'm not crazy...?
CassieF is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #813
scrapbooksellman
Mouseketeer

5 days to go and I am starting to freak out!!!

So much to do to get ready, but so super excited to go!!
scrapbooksellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #814
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterheads View Post
No, not unless you. Have trip insurance and we are in the same boat! Praying hard that the impending snow melts away or stays away so we still get to go! I'll be one sad girl otherwise!!!
Same boat here in NYC---- got 6 inches of snow today, and we might get a foot Sunday-Monday!!! We are supposed to fly out next tues!!! Not sure what to do-- we might try and fly out this saturday
Old 02-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #815
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieF View Post
Ok...who else is here? Is it just me or is it really crowded? Maybe I'm just used to Disneyland this time of year where it's relatively less crowded, or since it's my first time this actually is low crowds, but it just seems packed! Someone tell me I'm not crazy...?
I was able to make a FP+ for Space Mountain at 2:55 for 3 PM. With the football parade, I'd expect it to be busy today at MK.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #816
CassieF
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I was able to make a FP+ for Space Mountain at 2:55 for 3 PM. With the football parade, I'd expect it to be busy today at MK.
I tried to change my ST at DHS at 3:30 and there were no more available slots...here's how my day went:

I was at Animal Kingdom this morning for EMH and flew through everything...KS, EE, PW, and Dino all in the first hour then I did FoW, Nemo, Mickey/Minnie, King Louie/Baloo, plus both trials and lunch and was out by 1! It was packed after the first hour, which I knew due to the EMH but I didn't care since I was done with most line attractions.

I hopped over to Studios and ToT, RnR and TSMM all had 70 minute waits, and I think GMR was 40! I did SR RnR then went over to Mama Melrose for my F! Dinner. That was terrible! I waited 20 minutes after my ADR time and people who checked in after me were taken way before! After a family walked in and was taken right back I went up and asked why I kept getting skipped and they magically had a table ready for me. Then the service was terrible! It took so long for everything that I missed my FP window for ST but they said if I showed the receipt it would be fine. Still, 1.5 hours for a solo diner is excessive!

Also, ToT is AMAZING!!!

Last edited by CassieF; 02-03-2014 at 08:17 PM.
CassieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #817
solstice621
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are here. I felt that way about MK Sunday night. PACKED. And I am used to summer crowds, too! But then last night at Epcot was awesome! 5 min wait for Soarin at the end of the night!!!

Windsor Hills offsite w/whole family Aug '14, VWL/offsite Disney Dancin' Feb '14, OKW Aug '13 birthday trip, OKW/SSR Girls trip w/Nana! June '11, OKW w/ the inlaws Jan '11, BCV Feb '10 (DD2's 1st trip to WDW), OKW June '08, OKW June '07, SSR April '06 - (DD1's 1st trip to WDW), Disney's Vero Beach Resort '03(Honeymoon!), WL '02, CBR - '01, Offsite - '00 & '98

DVC Member since '01
solstice621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:41 PM   #818
jennynyholm
Mouseketeer

Here now and it is does seem busy (but this is my first trip so I have nothing to compare it to). However, we are having a BLAST and enjoying the warm, warm temps. We've been able to follow our schedule, so we've done everything we've wanted to so far. Good luck to all those still getting ready to come!
jennynyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #819
Shunasee
Mouseketeer

The "crowds" are not bad at all right now. . Took us 10 minutes for the Safari this morning and 15 for EE mid afternoon.

We are at Epcot tonight (waiting on the ADR), and it is not crowded at all.

A bit to humid for Feb, but loving the low 80's.

Zoey

Previous Trips: AKL 07/2007 & POFQ 07/2010 & POFQ 02/2011 & POFQ 11/2012 & POFQ 02/2014
Shunasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #820
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

I've been so busy with a new job that my countdown snuck into the teens yesterday without me noticing! I also found out that I work with two other WDW fans yesterday! One is going the same week as me, and the other is trying to (we're teachers so we all have the same vacation week). Both know about FP+ but haven't bothered to figure out how to make them! I'm going to help them set them up at lunch some day.
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:08 AM   #821
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Popcorn coupon

We arrive February 24. Can't wait for the sun!

Last edited by ScrapYap; 02-05-2014 at 07:55 AM.
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:44 AM   #822
DisYasmin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
I have a coupon for free popcorn (given to castmembers, but fully transferrable -- though it cannot be sold and can't be redeemed for cash -- only popcorn or a soft drink) that I won't be back in time to use. I'd be glad to mail it to someone who will be at the resorts next week. The coupon expires February 13. It can be used in any WDW park or at Downtown Disney Marketplace. I can mail it to a Disney resort, so I would only need the name of someone on the reservation -- wouldn't need any other info of any kind. Send me a PM if you want it!
Thank you!

Last edited by DisYasmin; 02-05-2014 at 08:28 AM.
DisYasmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #823
momof4boyscorp
Earning My Ears

Disney Planning Binder

I'm looking for cheap/free easy printables for a planning binder?!?!? If anyone could help I could really use it. We are taking 13 people (most for the first time) in June and staying in Movies!!! I just want everything to go smooth
momof4boyscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:29 PM   #824
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

I haven't been able to get online much been so busy. I just had to take the time to post this... 6 more days!

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
KristiKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 04:55 PM   #825
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cassie I was there this week also solo, but came home yesterday.
Monday the 3rd I was at Epcot and the crowds were not bad at all. I didn't see much of a wait anywhere I was. I heard MK was horribly crowded and now I see your other post that AK and HS were too. I'm glad I was at Epcot.

Tuesday I found very hot and crowded at MK. I ended up leaving and going over back to the resort pool about 3pm. Buses were crowded for POR every day. I went back to MK at night and still crowded. I decided since Wednesday was another MK day for me, I would just catch the rides I wanted then.

Wednesday another gorgeous day and the crowd level was very low. Nothing more than 10 minute wait other than the main popular rides.
I really enjoyed my day and LOVED the Incredibles Dance Party. My favorite part is that although I was a fat over 50 year old, no one knew me so I danced anyway.
Found the rain showers interesting. Thought it was funny that people would get out the rain gear and the storms stopped.

Really enjoyed my days away and look forward to scheduling another get away in the future. Not sure how soon, but it's just nice to know that I love Disney so much that there will be another in the nearer than usual future.
Funny how it's taking me more than a dozen trips to really appreciate all that Disney offers. From rushing to relaxing. You really can make it what you want it to be.

Hope to hear your report back in and that there were more good times in your travels. Along with others report it.
I had great weather and feel so blessed as it's still only February.

peace!

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: