Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #631
rainboots
Mouseketeer

New to this thread!
21 DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Mon 3rd: arrival, evening at MK
Tues 4th: MK, CP for breakfast, CRT dinner
Wed 5th: AK, TH brunch, Fulton's dinner
Thu 6th: HS, Play & Dine breakfast, Mama Melrose lunch
Fri 7th: MK, breakfast TBD, Dinner BOG
Sat8th: go home.

First trip as an adult, my mom & dad are taking my family & my sister's family. I cannot wait!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:32 PM   #632
mlk1979
Earning My Ears

My Magicbands got delivered today, so I sent my husband home to get them and they were not there. UPS claims that they were delivered to my house, but they are not there. So disappointed and angry! Now I have to sit on the phone to figure this out!
mlk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #633
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieF View Post
I plan to spend all my time at WWoHP and if I have some spare time I might try some of the other coasters, but my main focus is wWoHP and WDW! I plan to get to IOA about an hour before opening and will probably stay until 2ish. I decided to rent a car over doing the mears shuttle for the time factor...what about you?
Our cruise ship docks at 7a so we will head right over. We've got lunch at Mythos and then we will head out at 7p (?) when it closes over to The Poly to watch Wishes and eat at Ohana. We've never been so we are pretty excited to scope it out!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:58 PM   #634
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Just saw that BOG lunch FPP is open for February.

Date: Tuesday 1/14 Midnight.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:18 AM   #635
CassieF
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Just saw that BOG lunch FPP is open for February.

Date: Tuesday 1/14 Midnight.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I got my lunch fp+ for Sunday, Feb 2nd, so I will now be having lunch and dinner there!

From what I understand, once you use it you can book another for later in your stay, right?
CassieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:24 AM   #636
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieF View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I got my lunch fp+ for Sunday, Feb 2nd, so I will now be having lunch and dinner there! From what I understand, once you use it you can book another for later in your stay, right?
Congrats!

That is what I have read .

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #637
solstice621
Mouseketeer

Thats awesome about BOG lunch.

Can I just ask one thing? Whyyyyy is time crawling all of a sudden?!? 3 weeks to go!

Windsor Hills offsite w/whole family Aug '14, VWL/offsite Disney Dancin' Feb '14, OKW Aug '13 birthday trip, OKW/SSR Girls trip w/Nana! June '11, OKW w/ the inlaws Jan '11, BCV Feb '10 (DD2's 1st trip to WDW), OKW June '08, OKW June '07, SSR April '06 - (DD1's 1st trip to WDW), Disney's Vero Beach Resort '03(Honeymoon!), WL '02, CBR - '01, Offsite - '00 & '98

DVC Member since '01
solstice621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #638
themcive4
Mouseketeer

Has anyone heard about the crane being up at Cinderella's Castle until the end of March? This will just be our 2nd trip and I hadn't heard of this before but I wondered if anyone has had experience with this before. Do they ever lower it during the day or will that huge thing be hanging out in every photo?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM   #639
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by themcive4 View Post
Has anyone heard about the crane being up at Cinderella's Castle until the end of March? This will just be our 2nd trip and I hadn't heard of this before but I wondered if anyone has had experience with this before. Do they ever lower it during the day or will that huge thing be hanging out in every photo?
It was up our last trip. It wasn't terrible, but of course I'd prefer it not be there lol.

They didn't lower it no. I don't think they can. I'll try to post a pic when I get home.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:51 PM   #640
Flamingomo
Jack Sparrow's Wench...and proud of it. Its Flamingo Mo. Sorry to disappoint.

Quote:
Well this will stink. I guess I will be photoshopping alot of pictures.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #641
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Last year it was on the right hand side, on one day the sky was perfect blue so it was easy to photoshop, the other day we just shuffled to the left until it was barely in shot. We even had a picture near the bridge to Tomorrowland and the PP photographer managed to hide the crane behind a tree!
I was sooooo stressed out before we arrived last year and looking at our photos it was absolutely fine....hopefully it will be the same this year.

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Canooknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #642
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Crane? Grrrr. Seriously. Ugh.
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #643
themcive4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterheads View Post
Crane? Grrrr. Seriously. Ugh.
I had never even heard of it till I saw it somewhere today so I had to google it to see what it looked like

Old 01-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #644
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It was not up on Sundays during our last trip and if you made rope drop it wasn't up yet either. We have lots of photos with no crane.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:53 PM   #645
eddh0713
Earning My Ears

Some thoughts about your four year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasmum View Post
We'll be at Caribbean Beach Feb 1-7th, followed by a four day cruise on the Magic.

This will be my husband and children's (two boys 2 and 4) first Disney trip and my first trip as an adult so we're all pretty excited.

26 days!! Eeeeeeeek!

The only thing I'm slightly worried about is a few other threads mentioned that our resort would have lots of cheerleaders during our stay. I'm totally cool with that (they can be so adorable) but our four year old has special needs and HAS to get decent sleep or it will throw a serious wrench in our vacation. That sounds dramatic, I know, but his severe epilepsy is worsened when he is sleep deprived and loud cheer practices going on late at night or early in the morning will be no bueno.

Does anyone have experience with the noise factor of sharing a resort with cheer teams? I called to switch resorts after I found out but the CM said that there were no open rooms in any of the moderates for the discount we booked. Tell me it's going to be okay.
Hopefully, you included the information in your resort reservation request about your child's epilepsy and difficulty sleeping.

In any case, you should contact your resort directly 3-5 days before arrival(don't settle for CM who is not at the resort!) and request to be put into a very quiet area in the resort, in particular, away from the cheerleaders.
Hope you have a wonderful time!
eddh0713 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: