Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #616
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

3rd - Epcot, hop for BOG dinner 6:30
4th - MK
5th - HS - H&V breakfast
6th - Universal
7th, 8th, we're doing whatever parks we feel like - maybe waterparks??
9th - AK
10th - Probably park hopping like we did last year for anything the boys really want to do again one last time before heading home on 11th

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Canooknic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:05 PM   #617
adc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieF View Post
So, for those of you who will be there the first week of Feb, what days are you doing which parks and why? I'm still trying to solidify my schedule and make the most of my time there! Here's what I have Sun Feb 2: MK all day Mon Feb 3: AK morning, HS afternoon w/ f! Dining package Tues Feb 4: Universal morning, Epcot evening (questioning this since it's AM EMH) Wed Feb 5: AK morning, evening either DHS or Epcot, whichever I need to see more Thurs Feb 6: whatever I need to see still, leave for airport in the afternoon I'm trying to take advantage of EMH and then hopping to another park...
We are going 2-8. We aren't totally following the rec park days because we have a group coming that us only staying a few days. We are following as closely as we can. My first trip since 1989, so I am no expert!

Sun Feb 2 Super Bowl and arrival day-MK
(Not the most rec park, but it is how we want to start and we won't get there until 1 anyway)
Mon 3-Epcot-not the most rec day, but they changed EMH on me and I've got ADRs all set
Tues 4-DHS-rec day
Wed 5-MK-most rec day
Thur-rest day
Fri-AK rec day
Sat-MK not a rec day, but only going in the morning, last day

Your days look great. I look at touring plans and easywdw.
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #618
pmf1234
Earning My Ears

Going Feb 1-8

Feb 1 travel day getting in late
Feb 2 Epcot with Dinner at San Angel Inn
Feb 3 DHS with MM F! package
Feb 4 MK with WCC Dinner
Feb 5 AK then who know where Dinner in Coral Reef
Feb 6 Dinner at LTT and Wishes Fireworks
Feb 7 Dinner at Garden Grill but still do not know what park
Feb 8 DTD for lunch T-Rex then fly home late.

We have park hoppers so this might change a little bit. We are not big planning people so we will see how we feel.
pmf1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #619
zela02
Earning My Ears

Arriving Feb 2 and leaving the morning of the 8th. We are doing 2 days at SeaWorld and 2 days visiting family prior. 4 total travel days to and from Florida. We basically planned our week based on our kids' interest and ADRs.

Day -1 MK - CRT - TLT Dessert Party
Day 2 - Epcot - Akershus - R & C - Garden Grill
Day 3 - AK - Tusker - Yak & Yeti
Day 4 - MK - Chef Mick. - BOG
Day 5 - Breakfast at Kona - Epcot - Coral Reef - Resort in the afternoon
Day 6 - MK - Crystal Palace - Tony's - Resort in the afternoon

We may substitute HS for swimming if it is too cold. My 5 & 10 year old love to eat out, so they are as excited about the food as they are riding. Lol.
zela02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #620
JannasMamma
Earning My Ears

Feb 3 AK with Tusker lunch and DD ***tons Crab dinner
Feb 4 MK with CRT breakfast and Citricos dinner
Feb 5 DD (BBB appt) with Raglan Irish Pub dinner
Feb 6 Epcot with Akershus lunch and BOG dinner (DDs Birthday)
Feb 7 DHS with 50's Primetime Cafe dinner

Reasons?
I've heard AK is a half day and that is all we have the 1st day
MK all day the second day because DD is a princess crazy girl
DTD with the BBB appt in the middle of the week for a breather
Epcot with 2 special dining experiences for her birthday
HS - wrapping it all up on the last day.

It's our first trip, so I hope it works!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #621
solstice621
Mouseketeer

We are there that week but you guys are way better than I am at planning! Ive changed my FP plus plans way too many times lol. Cant really say where we will be when at this point. But we dont have many ADRs so we dont need to plan too rigidly. Thats one thing im bummed about. I really dislike deciding today what ride I'll be doing on certain days of my future vacation. Ah well, though. Its still WDW! Cant wait!

Windsor Hills offsite w/whole family Aug '14, VWL/offsite Disney Dancin' Feb '14, OKW Aug '13 birthday trip, OKW/SSR Girls trip w/Nana! June '11, OKW w/ the inlaws Jan '11, BCV Feb '10 (DD2's 1st trip to WDW), OKW June '08, OKW June '07, SSR April '06 - (DD1's 1st trip to WDW), Disney's Vero Beach Resort '03(Honeymoon!), WL '02, CBR - '01, Offsite - '00 & '98

DVC Member since '01
solstice621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:39 PM   #622
CassieF
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice621 View Post
We are there that week but you guys are way better than I am at planning! Ive changed my FP plus plans way too many times lol. Cant really say where we will be when at this point. But we dont have many ADRs so we dont need to plan too rigidly. Thats one thing im bummed about. I really dislike deciding today what ride I'll be doing on certain days of my future vacation. Ah well, though. Its still WDW! Cant wait!
I feel the same way! It's my first trip and I hate having to plan such specific details! It was hard enough figuring out which park for what day when I was making ADRs, but planning which ride and which time is way harder! At least it shouldn't be too crowded while we are there!
CassieF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #623
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
3rd - Epcot, hop for BOG dinner 6:30 4th - MK 5th - HS - H&V breakfast 6th - Universal 7th, 8th, we're doing whatever parks we feel like - maybe waterparks?? 9th - AK 10th - Probably park hopping like we did last year for anything the boys really want to do again one last time before heading home on 11th
We will be at Universal on the 6th too! We are sticking to IoA though.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #624
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
We will probably spend most of our time at IOA too, but DS2 loves Men in Black so we'll be on there a few dozen times!!!
See you there!!

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Old 01-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #625
CassieF
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I plan to spend all my time at WWoHP and if I have some spare time I might try some of the other coasters, but my main focus is wWoHP and WDW! I plan to get to IOA about an hour before opening and will probably stay until 2ish. I decided to rent a car over doing the mears shuttle for the time factor...what about you?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:29 PM   #626
solstice621
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I feel the same way! It's my first trip and I hate having to plan such specific details! It was hard enough figuring out which park for what day when I was making ADRs, but planning which ride and which time is way harder! At least it shouldn't be too crowded while we are there!
First trip, how exciting! Yes, I could see how difficult it would be to plan out your days not having been there. Don't stress over it...it will all play out just fine amd you will have a wonderful time! From the sounds of it, we should be abl to juggle some FPs so im hoping I can still make changes if needed as things come up. Guess we shall see how that all works!

Windsor Hills offsite w/whole family Aug '14, VWL/offsite Disney Dancin' Feb '14, OKW Aug '13 birthday trip, OKW/SSR Girls trip w/Nana! June '11, OKW w/ the inlaws Jan '11, BCV Feb '10 (DD2's 1st trip to WDW), OKW June '08, OKW June '07, SSR April '06 - (DD1's 1st trip to WDW), Disney's Vero Beach Resort '03(Honeymoon!), WL '02, CBR - '01, Offsite - '00 & '98

DVC Member since '01
solstice621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:48 PM   #627
Canooknic
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I plan to spend all my time at WWoHP and if I have some spare time I might try some of the other coasters, but my main focus is wWoHP and WDW! I plan to get to IOA about an hour before opening and will probably stay until 2ish. I decided to rent a car over doing the mears shuttle for the time factor...what about you?
We get a cab from POR, it's about $30.
I can't wait to get our boys to WWoHP, last year they didn't know anything about HP so I only got to spend about 15 minutes looking around before we moved on, since then they have seen the 1st movie, I've read books 1&2 to them and they've played Lego HP on the Wii so they know loads!!! So exciting!!

POR Feb 6-14 2013
POR Feb 2-11 2014
Old 01-13-2014, 01:38 AM   #628
CassieF
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canooknic View Post
We get a cab from POR, it's about $30.
I can't wait to get our boys to WWoHP, last year they didn't know anything about HP so I only got to spend about 15 minutes looking around before we moved on, since then they have seen the 1st movie, I've read books 1&2 to them and they've played Lego HP on the Wii so they know loads!!! So exciting!!
Yay for you! I'm beyond thrilled for everything, except forbidden journey! I'm super nervous about the spider part of the ride and I have mild arachnophobia! During the movie I had to plug my ears and cover my eyes! Even during the preview for the most recent Hobbit I screamed when the spiders came over the ridge!
Old 01-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #629
meagabytes
Earning My Ears

2nd: MK dinner res @ Tony's
3rd: HS breakfast res @ Chef Mickey's
4th: EP Pirates & Pals
5th: AK/MK dinner res res @ CRT
6th: HS/MK dinner res @ BOG
7th: MK breakfast res @ Ohana
8th: Departure day spending a little time at MK

DH | Me | DS4
meagabytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:21 PM   #630
Flamingomo
Jack Sparrow's Wench...and proud of it. Its Flamingo Mo. Sorry to disappoint.

February 7th - 15th

7th - Arrival day after driving beginning on the 6th. Not getting in until about 5pm, so this is a chill night for us which we will need.
8th - HS all day. Dinner res at 50's Prime Time Cafe
9th - Lego Land (easy park day they are only open 10-6)
10th - My baby's 4th birthday celebration at MK!!! Breakfast res at CP and whatever he wants the rest of the day.
11th - Free day. Probably check out AoA resort and hit the pool at our hotel if its warm enough.
12th - Universal IOA
13th - Universal Studios
14th - DTD shopping, lunch res at TRex
15th - start our drive home

Does anyone have any cute suggestions for dinner without a reservation at MK? I wanted to do some sort of cake (cupcakes would be fine too) for my son's birthday, but just don't know where or what. Nothing too pricey, and nothing that would take up too much time. Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: