Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 09:53 AM   #586
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
Okay...so we were going to buy our park tickets when we got there and use cash since credit cards are a bit crazy after Christmas and we were given cash as asgift to pay for this trip. I tried to talk DH into just paying the credit card as soon as he got the bill, but he didn't want to... This seems to be stopping us from getting the magic bands. We have a reservation on-site, but the info I have from them said I need my tickets linked to my reservation in order to get these things. I'm most worried about having my son get on TSM, so that would be the only fast pass thing we would want anyway. Are the wait times really awful for that even in February? We will be at HS on February 8th. It seems to have EMH and the park is open until 10pm. Best time to get on there without fast pass? And we will definitely need to see Buzz and Woody. Thanks!
We went last year same week and were not able to ride TSM I failed to run there at rope drop and instead did around 11am. FP were all gone for the day with a 2 hour line.
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #587
zy144622
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPRinLA View Post
So I was going to cancel my reservations because my reservations were made for me and my now former boyfriend . But I got my magic bands today (for my Feb 2-8th trip) and I got SO excited and now I don't think I want to cancel my trip. Does anyone know if I cancel one of my travelers on the trip if I would get any type of refund, and if it's worth just going alone? I'm just a bit worried about traveling and celebrating my birthday alone.
I think is only $50 to make a change to the reservation. This would allow you to bring someone else!!!
zy144622 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #588
NPRinLA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
If you're within 45 days of arrival you'll get hit with a $50 change fee for dropping him off, BUT, you'll be getting a refund of his tickets and/or DDP... so you'll still get money back since that'll be more than $50.

Could you replace him with someone else? Lots of people go alone and have a blast! Independence Celebration? I think yes!
Thanks for clarifying! I'm going to do one last push to find a replacement. But most of my friends are tight for money and vacation days after the holidays. Or they think I'm crazy for wanting to go to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zy144622 View Post
I think is only $50 to make a change to the reservation. This would allow you to bring someone else!!!
Thank you for the info! I'm going to try to find someone else.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #589
coltink
2 Mouseketeers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPRinLA View Post
Thanks for clarifying! I'm going to do one last push to find a replacement. But most of my friends are tight for money and vacation days after the holidays. Or they think I'm crazy for wanting to go to WDW.

Thank you for the info! I'm going to try to find someone else.
Looks like you'll be there when we are there. You are certainly welcome to hang with us (four of us).
coltink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:04 PM   #590
neeka27
Earning My Ears

going to be there Feb 4-12 with my husband, 11 & 9 year old. We are planning on all 4 parks plus Seaworld & the boys are doing Legoland. Really hope we aren't overdoing it...
neeka27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #591
UpstateMick
Mouseketeer

Hello February peeps Well, can't believe my countdown said 36 days today. Arriving on Thursday, February 13th at in the AM and departing February 23rd. Can you say 10 NIGHTS! We will be staying at POR (1st time). We are staying in a Royal Room. All of the plans done, all of the FP+'s booked, Tiffany Towncar booked, all dining reservations ready! My family (DD, DM, and DD (9)) would welcome hellos and magical greetings from all of our fellow Dis'rs! If anyone has anything specific going on, let us know...would love a quick meet and greet! Thank all of you for everything you have done! As I look at my planning binder, I am almost a little sad that all of my hours planning since July 5th are done Planning is definitely half the fun! See you all real soon! Safe travel all...

Caribbean Beach (April 2000) Swan/Dolphin (June 2000) Caribbean Beach (Feb 2007) Coronado Springs (Feb 2010) French Quarter (Feb 2012) Caribbean Beach (Feb 2013) Riverside (Feb 2014) Caribbean Beach (Feb. 2015)
UpstateMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #592
UpstateMick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zela02 View Post
Ours should be here tomorrow before 10:30. My kids have never seen The Incredibles, so we are going to watch it this evening in preparation for the box's arrivals. Lol.
Great idea! We are going to do the same thing

Caribbean Beach (April 2000) Swan/Dolphin (June 2000) Caribbean Beach (Feb 2007) Coronado Springs (Feb 2010) French Quarter (Feb 2012) Caribbean Beach (Feb 2013) Riverside (Feb 2014) Caribbean Beach (Feb. 2015)
UpstateMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #593
JandLsMom
Earning My Ears

Sorry if this has already been discussed (I didn't read all 40 pages of the thread yet), but...is anyone else confused / worried as to why a BUNCH of Extra Magic Hours have been added to SO MANY of the parks the latter part of February? What I thought was supposed to be a slow time to go, may end up being a very, very BUSY time. According to EasyWDW, Josh has kept the crowd levels to 3's and 4's most of the week, but...he even eludes to higher crowds than normal. Any idea why???
JandLsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #594
cfriend416
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandLsMom View Post
Sorry if this has already been discussed (I didn't read all 40 pages of the thread yet), but...is anyone else confused / worried as to why a BUNCH of Extra Magic Hours have been added to SO MANY of the parks the latter part of February? What I thought was supposed to be a slow time to go, may end up being a very, very BUSY time. According to EasyWDW, Josh has kept the crowd levels to 3's and 4's most of the week, but...he even eludes to higher crowds than normal. Any idea why???
The hours don't look that much different from last year to me. Josh recommends not going to EMH parks anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.
cfriend416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #595
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Princess Half Marathon is at the end of February. I don't think that accounts for the change though. It isn't uncommon for EMH to get added. I would say go and enjoy it! There is starting to be a trend of no REAL low crowd times any more as off season seems to become busier due to deals being booked but I don't think you are looking at Christmas busy. Don't worry!! It'll be fine!
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #596
JandLsMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterheads View Post
Princess Half Marathon is at the end of February. I don't think that accounts for the change though. It isn't uncommon for EMH to get added. I would say go and enjoy it! There is starting to be a trend of no REAL low crowd times any more as off season seems to become busier due to deals being booked but I don't think you are looking at Christmas busy. Don't worry!! It'll be fine!
Oh, I hope so! When I saw that there were even more EMH added daily to the parks, that made us nervous that there was going to be a huge influx of visitors, perhaps the international tour groups we read so much about. Hoping for the best! And, thanks for the insight!
JandLsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:31 AM   #597
miblue
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, I hope so! When I saw that there were even more EMH added daily to the parks, that made us nervous that there was going to be a huge influx of visitors, perhaps the international tour groups we read so much about. Hoping for the best! And, thanks for the insight!
I know a few colleges that have their spring breaks the last week of February too. When we were there in January there were a lot of South American tour groups because that is their summer time. They weren't obnoxious to us though and seemed rather courteous. There were TONS of them at the AS resorts and they all had mAtching track suits lol

DD's first trip to WDW! BoardWalk Inn February 2014
DS's first trip to WDW! Stayed at the All-Star Music Resort January 2012
So many trips to WDW as a child I don't recall specific years.
In recent years: 2000 (Dixie Landings), 2004 for Christmas! (off site)
DL in 1987 and 1993
miblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #598
themcive4
Mouseketeer

We get in Feb 25th and are there till March 1. How busy are the parks that week? Last year was our 1st trip down there and we went the week of Presidents day not knowing it was one of the busiest of the year until...this year we did more research so hopefully wont be as busy but we did had a wonderful time!
themcive4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #599
adc
Mouseketeer

I'm getting nervousness about how busy our week will be. We are the first week in February. I swear every other person I see post is going that week. I know that doesn't mean anything...does it?

Fid anyone go last year at that time?
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #600
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I'm getting nervousness about how busy our week will be. We are the first week in February. I swear every other person I see post is going that week. I know that doesn't mean anything...does it? Fid anyone go last year at that time?
As far as people taking trips in February you are probably the safest of all weeks in Feb. The second weekend is cheerleading competitions, the the third is Presidents weekend, and the last week is Princess Half Marathon. February isn't a super slow time any more but you shouldn't find yourself standing in 2 hour long lines either. I think you will do fine with the time you have chosen but only time will tell! Plus, you see people posting that week because it's "your" week so it probably stands out more to you. We are going during cheer competition and I am freaking because we are staying at a value- apparently all value resorts are maxed to capacity and can't receive reservations any longer. That concerns me. As far as watching boards and measuring by that, so far I've seen trending being between presidents week and actually think I've seen most say they are visiting during PHM at the last week in Feb. Like I said, no way to know for positive until you are there but I think you've picked the most down week there is for Feb. Good luck & have fun!
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: