Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 12:41 PM   #571
adc
Mouseketeer

According to UPS.com my MB are at my house!! I'm ready to go home and see them!!! Haha

I'm starting to gather things for packing and setting things aside. Anyone have a list they like to use?
adc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #572
zela02
Earning My Ears

Our Magic Bands arrived today too! We homeschool, so my kids were home when the UPS came. They are so excited and are already wearing their bands. Lol.
zela02 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2014, 01:11 PM   #573
Flamingomo
Jack Sparrow's Wench...and proud of it. Its Flamingo Mo. Sorry to disappoint.

Okay...so we were going to buy our park tickets when we got there and use cash since credit cards are a bit crazy after Christmas and we were given cash as asgift to pay for this trip. I tried to talk DH into just paying the credit card as soon as he got the bill, but he didn't want to... This seems to be stopping us from getting the magic bands. We have a reservation on-site, but the info I have from them said I need my tickets linked to my reservation in order to get these things. I'm most worried about having my son get on TSM, so that would be the only fast pass thing we would want anyway. Are the wait times really awful for that even in February? We will be at HS on February 8th. It seems to have EMH and the park is open until 10pm.

Best time to get on there without fast pass? And we will definitely need to see Buzz and Woody.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #574
adc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zela02 View Post
Our Magic Bands arrived today too! We homeschool, so my kids were home when the UPS came. They are so excited and are already wearing their bands. Lol.
It would have been fun to be home to get them. I think my 3 year old is tired of talking about it!
Old 01-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #575
jrj
always looking forward to our next trip to DA WORLD!

Our magic bands arrived today

They are super cute almost time for us to hit the road

No one was here with me when the bands arrived, so I'll still be able to keep it a secret from DD & DH

27 days and counting
Old 01-06-2014, 04:30 PM   #576
lifeasmum
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I've seen mixed reviews. Some people say they're terrible and other people have no problems.

It's a big resort. Pop is where I see the most complaints. I think it'll be okay since it's more spread out.
Whew, music to my ears! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice621 View Post
Just a quick thought, lifeasmum, but would bringing a small fan for some white noise help, just in case? I always bring one wherever because my kids are such light sleepers. Have fan, will travel!

Chances are they won't be an issue. It is very spread out there so who knows if you'll be around any. And the doors go to the outside, which is nice because you won't have any loud, echoing hallways out your door like at some hotels. Hope this helps!
Good idea, I'll be sure to pack a small fan. You guys have made me feel so much better. Thank you!

And our MagicBands came today! I'm contemplating pulling the extra gray material off mine and making it child's size. They are quite large. I was ridiculously excited to see that box. For those of you waiting, ours shipped on Friday around 6 pm and arrived this morning around 10. I think we very narrowly missed Saturday delivery.
lifeasmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:11 PM   #577
NPRinLA
Earning My Ears

Red face

So I was going to cancel my reservations because my reservations were made for me and my now former boyfriend .

But I got my magic bands today (for my Feb 2-8th trip) and I got SO excited and now I don't think I want to cancel my trip. Does anyone know if I cancel one of my travelers on the trip if I would get any type of refund, and if it's worth just going alone? I'm just a bit worried about traveling and celebrating my birthday alone.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:46 PM   #578
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPRinLA View Post
So I was going to cancel my reservations because my reservations were made for me and my now former boyfriend .

But I got my magic bands today (for my Feb 2-8th trip) and I got SO excited and now I don't think I want to cancel my trip. Does anyone know if I cancel one of my travelers on the trip if I would get any type of refund, and if it's worth just going alone? I'm just a bit worried about traveling and celebrating my birthday alone.
Not sure about the refund part. The only possibility would be the park tickets. I'd call sooner than later to find out because I think once you are within so many days.....you would be out of luck. When you call I would also ask about trying to get a friend to take his place.

I heard of people traveling alone and wearing the birthday button and the CMs giving them a lot of attention. In general people are nice. You have to be cautious but for the most part it could be the best birthday ever.
I'm not sure how old you are and if you have ever traveled alone before, but personally I'd have a real hard time cancelling. And again I'm not sure at what point you would lose a lot of money cancelling completely.

Good luck on your decision.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #579
taterheads
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So I was going to cancel my reservations because my reservations were made for me and my now former boyfriend . But I got my magic bands today (for my Feb 2-8th trip) and I got SO excited and now I don't think I want to cancel my trip. Does anyone know if I cancel one of my travelers on the trip if I would get any type of refund, and if it's worth just going alone? I'm just a bit worried about traveling and celebrating my birthday alone.
Aww shucks! I'm sorry! That stinks! You should be able to get a full refund if you purchased trip insurance. If you didn't then there would be a $250 fee for cancelation of part or all of your reservations. Lots of people take solo trips, I think you would be perfectly safe, it's just up to you and if that is your desire. I'd go and have fun or see if you have a friend who wants to come in place instead.
taterheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #580
adc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So I was going to cancel my reservations because my reservations were made for me and my now former boyfriend . But I got my magic bands today (for my Feb 2-8th trip) and I got SO excited and now I don't think I want to cancel my trip. Does anyone know if I cancel one of my travelers on the trip if I would get any type of refund, and if it's worth just going alone? I'm just a bit worried about traveling and celebrating my birthday alone.
Bummer! Which day is your bday?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:56 PM   #581
bfost87
Earning My Ears

Ill be going for my first solo trip to the World from Feb 10-16; staying at Pop. Whos gonna be at Disney then?!

Disneyland - Summer 1997
Walt Disney World - May 2011
Walt Disney World College Program - Summer 2012
bfost87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:37 PM   #582
PrincessEmilyRuth
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear about your break-up But if it makes you feel any better, I've been to Disney on my birthday traveling alone and had an amazing time! The cast members really do pay a lot of extra attention to you, especially at certain restaurants. At Marrakesh, I was treated like royalty. And I've never had any problems traveling alone. I've actually met more people that way and really enjoyed myself. If you're excited to go, don't cancel! Go and do exactly what you want to do.
PrincessEmilyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:31 PM   #583
NPRinLA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Not sure about the refund part. The only possibility would be the park tickets. I'd call sooner than later to find out because I think once you are within so many days.....you would be out of luck. When you call I would also ask about trying to get a friend to take his place.

I heard of people traveling alone and wearing the birthday button and the CMs giving them a lot of attention. In general people are nice. You have to be cautious but for the most part it could be the best birthday ever.
I'm not sure how old you are and if you have ever traveled alone before, but personally I'd have a real hard time cancelling. And again I'm not sure at what point you would lose a lot of money cancelling completely.

Good luck on your decision.
Thanks! I think youre right. I'm going to go alone. I'm too excited to not go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterheads View Post
Aww shucks! I'm sorry! That stinks! You should be able to get a full refund if you purchased trip insurance. If you didn't then there would be a $250 fee for cancelation of part or all of your reservations. Lots of people take solo trips, I think you would be perfectly safe, it's just up to you and if that is your desire. I'd go and have fun or see if you have a friend who wants to come in place instead.
I'm going to try to find someone who can go. I already paid for it all and I pur chased the Deluxe Dining Plan and made all of my ADR's. If not I'll go alone and I think I'll still have a great time! Thanks for all the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Bummer! Which day is your bday?
It's the 2nd, but I'm celebrating all month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessEmilyRuth View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your break-up But if it makes you feel any better, I've been to Disney on my birthday traveling alone and had an amazing time! The cast members really do pay a lot of extra attention to you, especially at certain restaurants. At Marrakesh, I was treated like royalty. And I've never had any problems traveling alone. I've actually met more people that way and really enjoyed myself. If you're excited to go, don't cancel! Go and do exactly what you want to do.
I am! Thank you for all the positive feedback. I'm going to go and add some special activities for myself that I wasnt going to do (like a massage ). I'm so excited now!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:43 AM   #584
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you're within 45 days of arrival you'll get hit with a $50 change fee for dropping him off, BUT, you'll be getting a refund of his tickets and/or DDP... so you'll still get money back since that'll be more than $50.

Could you replace him with someone else? Lots of people go alone and have a blast! Independence Celebration? I think yes!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:51 AM   #585
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I think youre right. I'm going to go alone. I'm too excited to not go!

I'm going to try to find someone who can go. I already paid for it all and I pur chased the Deluxe Dining Plan and made all of my ADR's. If not I'll go alone and I think I'll still have a great time! Thanks for all the info!

It's the 2nd, but I'm celebrating all month!

I am! Thank you for all the positive feedback. I'm going to go and add some special activities for myself that I wasnt going to do (like a massage ). I'm so excited now!
Good for you! I like you are celebrating the whole month. I totally agree about doing that! Too often we don't celebrate ourselves because we are too busy celebrating everyone else. Ya!

Are you running the half marathon? I'm guessing at Disneyland since you are from LA.

Good for you on the massage. I'm still debating the idea but I'm not there the whole week so I don't want to commit to that.
If you haven't done the Keys tour, you really need to see if you can get on one of those. It's a group thing and both times I've done it I was with someone and honestly so preoccupied I didn't even notice they were there.

Keep us posted on your planning.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: