Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Virgin America tops 2012 list of best US airlines

Do you think Virgin Atlantic's economy service has improved, stayed the same or gone downhill.

We've experience a steady decline, it's not the tip-top service that it use to be, which is such a shame especially when reading today that Virgin America has turned in the best performance last year from 14 of the largest U.S. airlines.

So has anyone recently experience both a Virgin Atlantic and Virgin American flight and was there a noticeable difference between the service?

The report was based on US government data for on-time arrivals, mishandled bags, consumer complaints and passengers with tickets who were denied seats due to overbookings.

Here's how the US airlines ranked in 2012, their position for the previous year are in brackets.

1) Virgin America (new to the ranking this year) www.virginamerica.com
2) JetBlue (3)
3) AirTran (1)
4) Delta (6)
5) Hawaiian (2)
6) Alaska (5)
7) Frontier (4)
8) Southwest (7)
9) US Airways (8)
10) American (10)
11) American Eagle (15)
12) SkyWest (9)
13) ExpressJet (new to the ranking this year)
14) United (12)
Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

I'm flying virgin America this summer so will report back! Their economy product looks great and best of all their prices are reasonable unlike VA
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Samaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmybear83 View Post
I'm flying virgin America this summer so will report back! Their economy product looks great and best of all their prices are reasonable unlike VA
Will look forward to your flight experience, have a great flight and West Coast Adventure.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
MrRomance
Planning and Plotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaya View Post
Do you think Virgin Atlantic's economy service has improved, stayed the same or gone downhill.

We've experience a steady decline, it's not the tip-top service that it use to be, which is such a shame especially when reading today that Virgin America has turned in the best performance last year from 14 of the largest U.S. airlines.

So has anyone recently experience both a Virgin Atlantic and Virgin American flight and was there a noticeable difference between the service?

The report was based on US government data for on-time arrivals, mishandled bags, consumer complaints and passengers with tickets who were denied seats due to overbookings.

Here's how the US airlines ranked in 2012, their position for the previous year are in brackets.

1) Virgin America (new to the ranking this year) www.virginamerica.com
2) JetBlue (3)
3) AirTran (1)
4) Delta (6)
5) Hawaiian (2)
6) Alaska (5)
7) Frontier (4)
8) Southwest (7)
9) US Airways (8)
10) American (10)
11) American Eagle (15)
12) SkyWest (9)
13) ExpressJet (new to the ranking this year)
14) United (12)
In my experience, Virgin have grown steadily worse over the years but still ride on the coat tails of a reputation they built 15 or 20 years ago. There was a time when they were a cut above the competition and people aspired to fly Virgin and they're still riding that wave now. My experience on Virgin in Feb 2012, put me off using them ever again. I would rather pay more or fly indirect than use them again.

They have some great aspects to their service (twilight check in, DTD check in) but their cabin crew leave a lot to be desired and the fact that they sat my then 8 year old autistic daughter alone with a stranger on the plane home despite my contacting Special Assistance months before and getting agreement that she would be seated in the most appropriate place for her annoyed me to no end.

As a result of their mistake with my daughter, they gave us a ton of airmiles to use next time, but I was so upset with the general service I doubt I will ever use them. If they are "the best" then God help us all!

Off-Site Disney World Visits '92 - '94 - '96 - '99 - 2000, 2001, 2004
Disney World Stays August 2008 - CBR - February 2012 - SSR - July 2012 - POR - October 2013 - SSR - October 2014 - SSR - 2015 - Moving to the Sunshine State!

Disney Fairytale Wedding Vow Renewal Feb 2012
MrRomance is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: