Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

APRIL 26th: details about The Magic to be announced!

We just disembarked The Wonder after a 4-night cruise, and Capt. Thord told us that there will be an announcement on April 26th about the plans for The Magic during dry dock. He would not provide any other details except that The Magic will be sailing for many more years. He was also very direct in saying that not everything you read here on the DIS Board is factual. Unless you hear it from shoreside management, it is purely speculation.

We spent about 10 minutes chatting with Captain Thord during the Gold and Platinum reception. He was sincere, and we enjoyed the conversation. He wasn't shy at all about his preference for the Magic and Wonder. He was one of the original captains, on the opening team. Among other things, he prefers the more maneuverable "classic" ships. "We get to drive the Ferraris while (the Dream and Fantasy captains) get to drive the buses."

Well said, sir.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCNuts View Post
We just disembarked The Wonder after a 4-night cruise, and Capt. Thord told us that there will be an announcement on April 26th about the plans for The Magic during dry dock. He would not provide any other details except that The Magic will be sailing for many more years. He was also very direct in saying that not everything you read here on the DIS Board is factual. Unless you hear it from shoreside management, it is purely speculation.

We spent about 10 minutes chatting with Captain Thord during the Gold and Platinum reception. He was sincere, and we enjoyed the conversation. He wasn't shy at all about his preference for the Magic and Wonder. He was one of the original captains, on the opening team. Among other things, he prefers the more maneuverable "classic" ships. "We get to drive the Ferraris while (the Dream and Fantasy captains) get to drive the buses."

Well said, sir.

I could not agree with the Captain more!

AKK
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:

. . . The Magic will be sailing for many more years. . .
That's good news.

Any word about new ships?

Woody
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #4
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
That's good news.

Any word about new ships?

Woody
Nope, no comments about new ships. He did say he has been involved in 6 new ship launches, and that was enough.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
*Nessa*
Cinderella is proof... a new pair of shoes can change your life

Couldn't agree more! Capt. Thord is the best he married us on the Magic in 09! really lovely & genuine will be exciting to hear the plans for the Magic!

2002 Disneyland Hotel - 2004 Disneyland Hotel - 2006 - DL Grand California
2009 DL Paradise Pier - 2009 WDW OKW / POLY / WL - 2009 DFTW Western & Eastern Caribbean
2014 DCL Alaska & California Coast/DL 2015 DL/WDW/DCL Fantasy
MY PLANNING BLOG OUR WEDDING WEBSITE www.mattandnessa.com

Old 04-08-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
super mike b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *nessa* View Post
couldn't agree more! Capt. Thord is the best
x2
Old 04-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well said, sir.
Captain Thord is so friendly and approachable....

My husband LOVES Captain Thord. Sometimes he walks around the house and says "Captain Thord" in a fake British Accent (I know Captain Thord is not british, but my husband has only 2 accents )
Old 04-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #8
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well said, sir.
You need to tell Frank this. I am pretty sure I have him convinced to go on the Magic to Key West in November

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post

Captain Thord is so friendly and approachable....

My husband LOVES Captain Thord. Sometimes he walks around the house and says "Captain Thord" in a fake British Accent (I know Captain Thord is not british, but my husband has only 2 accents )
HAHAHAHAHAAA!!! That made my night!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 PM   #10
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Quote:
... he prefers the more maneuverable "classic" ships. "We get to drive the Ferraris while (the Dream and Fantasy captains) get to drive the buses."
Luigi only follows the Ferraris
Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 PM   #11
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post

You need to tell Frank this. I am pretty sure I have him convinced to go on the Magic to Key West in November
I sooo want to go back on the Magic and Wonder. Love those ships. I was so sad to drive away this morning.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #12
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I sooo want to go back on the Magic and Wonder. Love those ships. I was so sad to drive away this morning.
We are thinking of booking for November 6th

Where did you guys stay the night before?

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
Old 04-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
DVCTigger
DIS Veteran

Really, REALLY hoping Captain Thord will be taking the Wonder through the Panama Canal in four weeks!! He is by Far our favorite! Would be So happy to have him as our captain on our upcoming cruise!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #14
sorul82?
I have an alibi
I loved Farmer Ted!

Quote:
not everything you read here on the DIS Board is factual.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #15
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!

This is off topic, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
Where did you guys stay the night before?
We stayed at The Marlin, a boutique hotel in South Beach. Booked it on hotels.com. Not a bargain hotel at $300 for room and tax. However, the location and the hotel itself were outstanding. Recommended for couples-- not so family friendly. Easy walk to everything fun. We didn't have a car, and didn't need one. The only cabs we took were airport to hotel and hotel to port.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: