Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
Princess Olivia
DIS Veteran

Question about late arrival

Hello! Ds is turning 15 on 4/23 and he initially wanted to parasail over Bay Lake Tower (we are staying at BLT) but now is asking if we can go to Universal for the day. The only glitch is I promised dd breakfast at CRT. I could only get a 9:30 reservation (on that day of course). That means we wouldn't be heading over to US until 11 or 12. The crowd calendars are saying it's a slow day but we could buy express passes if it's very crowded. Do you think we could get a lot done in both parks if we stayed until 6 or 7?
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
Hello! Ds is turning 15 on 4/23 and he initially wanted to parasail over Bay Lake Tower (we are staying at BLT) but now is asking if we can go to Universal for the day. The only glitch is I promised dd breakfast at CRT. I could only get a 9:30 reservation (on that day of course). That means we wouldn't be heading over to US until 11 or 12. The crowd calendars are saying it's a slow day but we could buy express passes if it's very crowded. Do you think we could get a lot done in both parks if we stayed until 6 or 7?
Park hours that day are 9-7 at IoA and 9-8:30 at the Studios. IoA would be first since it closes earlier. With EPs you should be able to do everything you want but I don't think you'd need a two park EP. You'll have to play it by ear but frankly I would just go and do what you can do w/o purchasing an EP. Either cancel/change the breakfast reservation and arrive earlier or get there when you get there and stay until they kick you out.

You can purchase EPs once you arrive at both parks. The two park EP is only $45.99 that day which indicates lower crowds. Wait until you arrive and see what the wait times are before purchasing.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #3
Princess Olivia
DIS Veteran

Excellent! Thanks for the info!!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
TheAviator
I don't always live dangerously, but when I do, I prefer to do it at Taco Bell

That is pushing your time IMO. If you have never been I would recommend just dedicating the day to IOA, that will really give you a feel for what Universal is all about and IMO IOA is the best park. If you have accomplished everything at IOA then you could go to the old universal park if you still had time and at least get in the Mummy and maybe a few other things.
TheAviator is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: