Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 08:56 AM   #31
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnielovesMickey12
People will say you are not suppose to do this but ppl do it every day and I have done it too. I let DME take my bags then I go rent a car and drive myself to the resort. We always have a car on vacation and drive ourselves around.
Guests who choose to use DME in a way other than described in the terms & conditions and whose luggage gets misdirected by the airline don't get the advantage of having Magical Express act as their agent; claims need to be made within a specified amount of hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartbell87
We always hire a driver- only did DME once. We love that our driver is waiting for us at baggage claim, takes our bags for us and then whisks us off to WDW in a tinted window Escalade. 30min airport to hotel!
Add in the time it takes to get to baggage claim and wait for luggage - and it's pretty much even with using DME as designed.
kaytieeldr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #32
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12
People will say you are not suppose to do this but ppl do it every day and I have done it too.
It's not just people that say you're not supposed to do it, Disney does too. Is there a mechanism in place to stop you from doing this? Nope. Can you get away with it? Yep.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #33
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

It's not just people that say you're not supposed to do it, Disney does too. Is there a mechanism in place to stop you from doing this? Nope. Can you get away with it? Yep.
Where does Disney say this? Quote please.

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #34
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suemom2kay View Post
Where does Disney say this? Quote please.
On their very own website.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...rport-service/

Please note that you cannot reserve the luggage service exclusively. You must be present on the motorcoach to have your luggage transported to a Walt Disney World hotel.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #35
suemom2kay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad

On their very own website.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pl...rport-service/

Please note that you cannot reserve the luggage service exclusively. You must be present on the motorcoach to have your luggage transported to a Walt Disney World hotel.
Thank you. I was actually looking for that. I looked on my paperwork from DME and couldn't find anything addressing this specifically.

suemom2kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #36
QueenQueso
Mouseketeer

Luggage and grocery issues aside, what about the safety factor of not being allowed to use a car seat on the ME?

I would never dream of hopping in the car for an hours ride without strapping both my kids in, and have purchased a fifth seat on the plane for my toddler to be in his car seat there too. We are going in Sept for the first time and I'm trying to decide if it's worth having the car service to be able to buckle the kids in properly. I know it's a big bus, and yeah, the older kids ride on the school bus without them, but does anyone NOT take the ME for this reason?

2003(Offsite, with my high school LifeSmarts team!) ~ September 13-22, 2013 (Ft. Wilderness) ~ Maybe September 2015?
QueenQueso is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: