Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #16
amberpi
DIS Veteran

We use car services and cabs exclusively. DME just takes way too long for DH and I, but we don't check luggage and that might change your opinion.
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

We always use a towncar service..We like that they meet us and luggage claim, take our bags and off we go.We also get a 30 min grocery stop thrown in..We use Tiffany Towncar every visit..IIRC it is $115 RT
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #18
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
We always use a towncar service..We like that they meet us and luggage claim, take our bags and off we go.We also get a 30 min grocery stop thrown in..We use Tiffany Towncar every visit..IIRC it is $115 RT
We use Tiffany Towncar as well. We come down the escalator, they there, waiting for us. They grab our bags we are off. Very fast!

TY Kook!

Last edited by gwynne; 04-09-2013 at 07:33 AM.
gwynne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #19
momof4minnies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen7079 View Post
I know it is rude to ask how much something costs...but how much is the car service? It doesn't say on their site.

While the free service is nice I hate that somehow my hotel is always the last stop. It drives me crazy and kind of starts my vacation off wrong. This year everyone else in my party will already be there so I want to get there as soon as possible (:
Not rude at all. If you email Michael, the owner, he will be happy to send you a quote. w2wings@gmail.com

Our last visit was Nov 2011. We are a family of 6 and have to have the larger Cadillac SUV. A town car would be cheaper. I believe our total was $250 including tip. ($195 for the service plus tip. We tipped very generously, lil more than 20%) Again this is a 2011 price quote. Not sure of price now.

1971 WDW opening year
several visits to DL as a wee one
Oct 1998 Poly
Jun 2000 CBR
Aug 2001 CR
Jul 2003 CR
June 2004 GF CL
Jun 2005 CR CL
Jul 2007 GF CL
Nov 2008 WL CL
Jun 2009 DL Hyatt
Nov 2011 WL CL - DD Sweet 16

NEXT TRIP JUN 2013 BW CL - 2nd DDs SWEET 16
momof4minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #20
patty57
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdg View Post
For us, DME has always added to the vacation. I love the excitement of getting on the bus, watching the old cartoons, and seeing the excitement on kids' faces.
I agree with this. Watching the movie just adds to the anticipation. We had a car service last June and will have one next month because of Swan/Dolphin stays. The whole thing is much quicker...at your resort around 30 minutes after getting your luggage, but it feels like I'm missing that little extra bit of anticipatory excitement.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #21
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

I've used DME about 5 times. I've always received my luggage 1-1 1/2 hours after checking in.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #22
Jellyboy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
We use Tiffany Towncar as well. We come down the escalator, they there, waiting for us. They grab our bags we are off. Very fast!
Totally agree tiffany town Car service is great. Had the same experience you had I wasn't waiting around at all swift service!

Last edited by Jellyboy; 04-29-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Jellyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #23
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

We've always had good experiences with ME - short wait times, love the video, etc. We tend to arrive in the evening and grab our own luggage, but I've never heard of problems from a luggage perspective (and we plan to use the luggage service on our next trip).

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD2

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #24
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

It's so nice not to have to claim your own luggage. I like letting DME get my bags for me. They have always gotten to my room within 2 hours.

Then when you leave use the resort RAC desk to send your bags back to the airport for you and take the DME back.

People will say you are not suppose to do this but ppl do it every day and I have done it too. I let DME take my bags then I go rent a car and drive myself to the resort. We always have a car on vacation and drive ourselves around.

Ppl say you really have to ride the bus yourself for them to take your bags. No you don't. Put the yellow tags on your bags and wait for them to show up. Since we rent a car and make a Walmart run before going to our room our bags are there before we ever get there.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #25
Jellyboy
Earning My Ears

DME for me personally
Jellyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 AM   #26
iheartbelle87
Mouseketeer

We always hire a driver- only did DME once. We love that our driver is waiting for us at baggage claim, takes our bags for us and then whisks us off to WDW in a tinted window Escalade. 30min airport to hotel!

However if money is an issue I would not hesitate to use DME! Good luck with whatever you decide!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #27
stink
Mouseketeer

What I fine works best for me is using ME, using yellow tags for checked bags, letting Disney handle my luggage and ordering from Garden Grocer. I find this to be the most relaxing and less stress. (might not be everyone's choice).

I have done both ME & Car Service with and w/out grocery stops.

I do not find Car Service to be that much faster than ME. You greet your driver, go to the luggage carousel, wait for your luggage, pick up your luggage move it to the car and get in the car and drive to the resort.

With ME you go to the ME counter, check in, short wait for the bus, and your off. At times you will have to stop at one to two resorts before yours. But your not having the hassle of dealing with your luggage at the airport. So I find car service to be slightly faster, somewhat depends on how fast luggage comes off plane to carousal.

My yellow tagged checked bags have always been delivered in less than three hours after arriving and usually they are waiting on me in the room or at the resort before the room is ready for before I am ready to go to my room.

I have also done car service with grocery stop, which in my mind negates any time savings. I do prefer to use Garden Grocer. As your order is delivered right to your room. No hassle of stopping at a store, while family waits in car. You pay a delivery fee and prices are probably higher than Wal-Mart. I also dislike grocery shopping and to not see a Wal-Mart, Publix etc. on vacation is worth the $14 delivery fee.

I might be the odd ball, but I actually like seeing what other resorts look like when dropping off other ME guests. For example the only time I have seen the Pop Century was when it was a stop on the ME.

I also love the convenience of checking bags in lobby and checking in for your airline when departing right at the resort. Although I think you can do this even if you do not use ME.

There is something Magical about landing at MCO, knowing you are at your place of leaving the real world and starting your Disney Vacation by being greeted by ME staff, boarding the ME bus, watching the cartoons and park videos...etc.

stink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:57 AM   #28
cceandme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946 View Post
We took our carry on luggage with us, and had them take the rest. ME is awesome. We were at our hotel within 90 minutes, maybe a bit less. Our room was not ready, but when it was and we got up there, our luggage was there waiting for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stink View Post

My yellow tagged checked bags have always been delivered in less than three hours after arriving and usually they are waiting on me in the room or at the resort before the room is ready for before I am ready to go to my room.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the no longer deliver to your room. is that correct?

Me(Rhonda)38, Randy39 ,Chelsea 20, Cody 19 , Ethan 13 ,
Also at home a dog, a cat, a Macaw, a Ball python, a Leopard Gecko and a goldfish
cceandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #29
andee515
Mouseketeer

We have done both, but I think we will be doing car service this trip. We are staying at AoA for 10 days and the car service gives you a free stop at the grocery store. So we get in at 6.25pm. We can hopefully get groceries and get to the resort pretty quick. Price was $110 roundtrip ( plus tip, of course) we have used them 3 other times and it was wonderful.

[/url].com/ticker/][/url]
andee515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #30
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cceandme View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that the no longer deliver to your room. is that correct?
If you mean ME, no, that is not correct. They deliver the bags to your room.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: