Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
tater1206
Earning My Ears

Elevators???

Last year, we decided to stay at CBR based on all the reviews and things I found online. After a long day at the park, tired, exhausted and totally give out, having a second floor room was not my idea of fun! I never once thought that I should be researching elevators or asking for a ground floor. We enjoyed CBR but decided to stay at POR this year. However, I am unable to find any info on whether or not this hotel has elevators. I did however request a ground floor.
So my question is for this stay as well as future stays, which hotels do or do not have elevators?
tater1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
msjprincess
DIS Veteran

AB doesn't have elevators. But I think there may be elevators in the Mansions section.
msjprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

The mansions section does have elevators. They are slow and the only time I used them was when I was hauling luggage.

I found it easier to take the stairs.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

As the PPs mentioned, only the Mansions have elevators. And IIRC, only one per building. Usually nowhere near where your room is You can check the layouts of the buildings on the POR website. There is a link to maps that show all of the rooms in each building. Including where the elevators are.

If you want to avoid all this, then must request a ground floor room and you should be fine.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater1206 View Post
Last year, we decided to stay at CBR based on all the reviews and things I found online. After a long day at the park, tired, exhausted and totally give out, having a second floor room was not my idea of fun! I never once thought that I should be researching elevators or asking for a ground floor. We enjoyed CBR but decided to stay at POR this year. However, I am unable to find any info on whether or not this hotel has elevators. I did however request a ground floor.
So my question is for this stay as well as future stays, which hotels do or do not have elevators?
The POFQ elevators were fine when we stayed last March. I used them a lot because we were on top floor and had no wait issues. I have stayed at all the mods and FQ has best elevators and CSR in the Casistas section were good too. The Cabana building 9b the elevator was at end of the building so you had to walk to the end , take an elevator and then walk back towards front for your room. Since it was only 2 floors we ended up just walking up stairs. Ranchos had good elevators as well. The buildings that have only 2 floors at any resort have the worst elevators.
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
The mansions section does have elevators. They are slow and the only time I used them was when I was hauling luggage.

I found it easier to take the stairs.
Agreed. Unless you request a room near the elevator, it's often less effort/time to just take the stairs. But, they are definitely there [in the mansion sections] if you need them, and it can't hurt to make that request.

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #7
chirurgeon
I am a delicate flower and need my sleep
I'm trying to avoid Emeldaitis

I stayed at the mansions last year. The only time I took the elevator was the first day I went to the room. It was so inconvenient. It would have taken more energy to get to the elevator and walk all the way to the room than to take the one flight of stairs. The buildings at POFQ are much smaller. Or you can specify a ground floor room. But I would go with POFQ in any case. I love it. One of my favorite resorts.
CBR 4/00, YC 12/02, ASSp 6/05, AKL/BWI 12/06, ASSP/POFQ 6/07, POFQ/AKL 12/08, PCC 1 5/09, Dolphin/POP 2.0 12/09, POFQ/BCV 04/10, PCC 2.0 12/10, POR 12/11, ABD BSM 7/12, PCC 4.0 12/12, BC 4/13, ABD BSM 7/14
chirurgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
tater1206
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips! I did request a ground floor and we also requested a preferred room. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #9
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater1206 View Post
Thanks for the tips! I did request a ground floor and we also requested a preferred room. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside.
Did you request a preferred room or pay for a preferred room? There is a big difference.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #10
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
The POFQ elevators were fine when we stayed last March. I used them a lot because we were on top floor and had no wait issues. I have stayed at all the mods and FQ has best elevators and CSR in the Casistas section were good too. The Cabana building 9b the elevator was at end of the building so you had to walk to the end , take an elevator and then walk back towards front for your room. Since it was only 2 floors we ended up just walking up stairs. Ranchos had good elevators as well. The buildings that have only 2 floors at any resort have the worst elevators.
Actually even CSR has one building that does not have elevators. Casitas 2 does not, as I found out the hard way a couple of years ago. However you can use the elevator in building 3, then walk across the crossway to building 2. However, if you happen to be on the back side, facing the parking lot, you then have to walk the entire length of that building, then across the back side, then back up the parking lot side to your room. When I couldn't figure a way to get up there, I ran across a CM, who laughed and said that section of rooms on the top floor facing the parking lot in building 2, is what the CMs call "No Man's Land", because it is so hard to get to. He said he had no idea why the achitect designed only that particular building that way. What's bad is that area is now Preferred and you have to pay extra to stay up there. Rather than walk all the way around the building, use the elevator in building 3, walk across the crossway, then walk all the way back around to the room, I just used the stairs next to the quiet pool and walked up four flights. It was easier and faster, no matter how tired I was.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #11
tater1206
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Did you request a preferred room or pay for a preferred room? There is a big difference.
We paid for a preferred room.
I also requested a ground floor room.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: