Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #1
MellaWDWnut
DIS Veteran

Party of 6 Where to stay?

Trying to figure out where the best place to stay is going to be for my brother and his family. They have small children that can not stay in their own room. Any input would be great!!
For a party of 6!
DS is 2
DD is 6
DS is 6
DS is 8
2 Parents!

Thank you in advance!

MellaWDWnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Totally depends on budget.

Did they give you an idea of how much they are prepared to pay?
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #3
MellaWDWnut
DIS Veteran

They just want to know where the best place is to stay and go from there.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Their budget would certainly dictate where they would stay. I would recommend a Deluxe Room with a day bed or 1 BR villa at BLT, OKW or AKL. They all sleep five plus a baby.

In a villa, the kids would sleep in the living room on pullouts while parents and baby would be in the bedroom. That would give you a room with a door for baby to nap too. Plus the full kitchen would be great to cook some meals in the room.

If you choose a family suite and don't want to leave the kids in the living room area, then I would recommend kids in the bedroom (queen bed) and parents and younger ones in the living room. Parents would have to sleep on a pull out though. There's a kitchenette and two bathrooms. I'd recommend All Star Music for this.

Swan and Dolphin have some suites that can be reasonable, depending on the time of year.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I guess it should be an easy question to answer but as others before me have pointed out, there are just too many variables. I always go with my pat question "what are their priorities"? Example: Lots of square footage in the room? Lots of amenities in the room (like full kitchen, washer/dryer)? A big resort with fantastic pools? I think we need more information. If you want a "throw it out there" answer....I would say a 2 Bedroom DVC villa at the Beach Club. Lots of room, lots of amenities, beautiful outdoor spaces, easy access to parks. It's not cheap but it is fantastic!
DanenRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellaWDWnut View Post
Trying to figure out where the best place to stay is going to be for my brother and his family. They have small children that can not stay in their own room. Any input would be great!!
For a party of 6!
DS is 2
DD is 6
DS is 6
DS is 8
2 Parents!

Thank you in advance!
For everyone to be in one room, any of the monorail resorts (Poly, GF, CR), Epcot resorts (BC/YC/BWI), FW Cabins, a Deluxe CL room at the WL, or a family suite at a value resort would work. If they need/want more space than what one room would provide, 2 rooms at any resort would also be an option. If they were to choose 2 rooms, they can request connecting rooms, but let them know that connecting rooms would only be a request and would not be guaranteed. Any of the 2 bedroom villas would also be an option. Those come with a full kitchen and washer/dryer, if that would appeal to them.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
MellaWDWnut
DIS Veteran

Thank you! This gives me a place to start!

Old 04-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
MellaWDWnut
DIS Veteran

They wouldn't need a kitchen or washer/dryer. Big kids can sleep on sofa beds.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
AThrillingChase
DIS Veteran

POR can fit 5 plus a child under 3 in the alligator bayou section. It would just be a bit smaller than a deluxe.
2012 - Tokyo Disney Sea
May 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2013 - first solo trip for Wine and Dine! Decided to explore new resorts: CB, YC, POLY
January 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge CL. Happy Birthday to me!
March/April 2014 - Coronado Springs/Wilderness Lodge
October 2014 - Beach Club for TOT 10-Miler! AKL/CR for Princess Half Marathon!
AThrillingChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
nydancemom
Mouseketeer

Son, daughter-in-law and their four kids (1,3,7, and 9 at the time) stayed in a family suite at All Star Music in summer of 2011. They loved having 2 bathrooms and the kitchen area. They actually had DIL and 3 year old DD in the queen bed, with 1 year old DS in portacrib in the bedroom with them. The older boys shared the sofa bed and our son took the pull out chair. Worked for them for 9 day vacation. We're hoping to do AOA Nemo suites next summer with them. Two suites, one for them and one for DH, me, and one or two of our other adult kids.
nydancemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:30 AM   #11
Upatnoon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellaWDWnut View Post
They just want to know where the best place is to stay and go from there.
If money is no object, how about a 2 bedroom club level suite at the Grand Floridian? Sleeps up to 8 people. It's about $2,500 a night, though.
Upatnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:05 AM   #12
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Yeah, the suites would be neat!

Happily, there are junior suites at Wilderness Lodge that sleep 6 for a better price than a 2-bedroom suite. Also, deluxe rooms at Boardwalk Inn sleep 6 if a family wants more space.
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #13
Aliceacc
We had a wonderful time, but did have our moments!

Pretty much down to my hips on one side, but nice and perky on the other

Last year, before I got a PIN from Disney, I booked a Deluxe Alcove at the Dolphin, using the teacher discount. It slept 6, and cost something like $280 per night.

numerous trips in college and one together in 1990 August 2008 and August 2009: Polynesian. August 2012: Beach Club Yacht Club in 2014!!
(Thanks, Disney Destinations, for your past generosity. And to the Beach Club staff for all their assistance in our 2012 medical crisis.)
Aliceacc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: