Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck1 View Post
The Sunset which was the Pearl which is now the Queen Anne's Revenge was in Mexico prior to Stranger Tides. Anything is possible since she has diesel engines in her hull. I think that the studio is going to hold on to her a while longer as she seems to have a spot in the new movies that are being made. Eventually I wouldn't be surprised if she turns up in CC.
Hey there Truck!

True, but she still needed to be carried from Hawaii to the coast as the picture showed.........she likely would not have the fuel capacity to cruise under power the distance, not to mention with all the rigging and upper hull built up on the smaller oil field supply boat, her stability is likely not what it should be.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #17
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa View Post
We were on the Fantasy 3/23-30, and one of the mates on our catamaran excursion to St. John told us that the Black Pearl had recently been in St. Thomas. She said that filming for the next PotC sequel was in progress and that Johnny Depp had been seen around town. Here is an article discussing transport of the ship from Hawaii to St. Thomas.

http://bhcourier.com/black-pearl-st-thomas/2012/11/16
Whoo Hoo!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #18
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

Well the St Thomas news is exciting. We saw the Black Pearl last summer in Hawaii, so maybe we will get to see her again this summer in STT. Just call us Black Pearl stalkers!
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #19
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

I wonder when the current PoC finishes filming. Maybe that will lend a clue as to when we might see her at CC?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #20
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper

Hey there Truck!

True, but she still needed to be carried from Hawaii to the coast as the picture showed.........she likely would not have the fuel capacity to cruise under power the distance, not to mention with all the rigging and upper hull built up on the smaller oil field supply boat, her stability is likely not what it should be.

AKK

True. I honestly don't know how they have her configured or her cog.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #21
truck1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28
I wonder when the current PoC finishes filming. Maybe that will lend a clue as to when we might see her at CC?
Not sure. If they follow the rumor there supposed to be doing 2 movies at once. It will also depends on future movie scripts if they have plans for the ship in the new movies.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #22
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Hopefully they will still be filming in early November!!

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2014-DLR
4butlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #23
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

We are booked on the Eastern Caribbean for Sept 21st. I would like a shore excursion to see the ship and meet Johnny Depp! Disney, come on...you own it...let us have a little bit of the magic please?!?!
Old 04-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #24
super mike b
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
We are booked on the Eastern Caribbean for Sept 21st. I would like a shore excursion to see the ship and meet Johnny Depp! Disney, come on...you own it...let us have a little bit of the magic please?!?!
Now, that would be cool!
super mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #25
truck1

Ive thought for a long time that while the Dutchman was at CC, there should have been either a tour or some way to get close to her, or some type of show, even if it was for a few minutes say Capt Hook fighting Peter Pan or Jack Sparrow doing something on the ship.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #26
DisneyOrBustColorado
Mouseketeer

On our December 2010 cruise we missed the Flying Dutchman by only days. When we arrived in port there were parts of the ship lying in the sand. We were so sad to see the ship dismantled that way & it was one of the major things that we were looking forward to seeing. We had no warning that they planned to take it apart & remove it. I still have pictures somewhere from our verandah of the masts lying in the sand.

If they ever pulled another POC ship into port at CC... this pirate crazy family would be on a cruise there to see it. Hopefully they will give a little warning about a time frame the ship would be there so that we could try to commandeer our own ship to sail to the island. If we couldn't get on a ship to castaway Cay we might try sea turtles... or something like that.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: