Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

Extra Kids TS credit questions

Here's the deal: for our upcoming trip, DH and I and DBro and DSIL are planning a kid-free date night for each couple. I'm totally stoked about it since we've not been able to do that in the five trips we've taken with the kids! We're planning to eat at Via Napoli (all of us) one night and since I think all of us getting an individual pizza or entree will be WAY too much food, we're going to pay OOP for that meal and share a couple of pizzas. That also frees up those TS credits for each couple on our kid-free nights. It does, however, leave two kids TS credits hanging.

So here's my questions:
  1. Can we use the kids TS credits at Via Napoli and pay OOP for the rest....meaning let the kids get kids meals and paying OOP for the adults' food?
  2. If we pay OOP for the entire Via Napoli meal and have two kids TS credits leftover, can we use those TS credits for CS instead since it won't really work to use them for TS after that? I'm thinking this might be the best option since my DSs seem to have two hollow legs and will inevitably want to eat when no one else wants to.
  3. If using the kids TS credits for CS is possible, is there any catch? Like is it one of those things that works at some places and not others, only when it's not busy, etc?

Thanks in advance for the help and replies! I'm really excited about this!!!

Last edited by CapnJacksGirl; 05-15-2013 at 04:02 PM.
CapnJacksGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

They won't allow adults to use children's dining credits. Sorry!

They will allow you to use them for a child's quick service meal. Sounds like that is the best option for you.
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #3
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

I wasn't wanting to use them for adult TS, just for kids CS. I may have confused you with my drawn out story! If I can use those two kids TS for kids CS, we'll be good!

Thanks!!

CapnJacksGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJacksGirl View Post
I wasn't wanting to use them for adult TS, just for kids CS. I may have confused you with my drawn out story! If I can use those two kids TS for kids CS, we'll be good!

Thanks!!
Oops. Yes, you can use them later for a kid's table service meal, or use them for a kid's quick service meal. Whichever works out for you!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
crashbb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJacksGirl View Post
Here's the deal: for our upcoming trip, DH and I and DBro and DSIL are planning a kid-free date night for each couple. I'm totally stoked about it since we've not been able to do that in the five trips we've taken with the kids! We're planning to eat at Via Napoli (all of us) one night and since I think all of us getting an individual pizza or entree will be WAY too much food, we're going to pay OOP for that meal and share a couple of pizzas. That also frees up those TS credits for each couple on our kid-free nights. It does, however, leave two kids TS credits hanging.

So here's my questions:
  1. Can we use the kids TS credits at Via Napoli and pay OOP for the rest
  2. If we pay OOP for the entire Via Napoli meal and have two kids TS credits leftover, can we use those TS credits for CS instead since it won't really work to use them for TS after that? I'm thinking this might be the best option since my DSs seem to have two hollow legs and will inevitably want to eat when no one else wants to.
  3. If using the kids TS credits for CS is possible, is there any catch? Like is it one of those things that works at some places and not others, only when it's not busy, etc?

Thanks in advance for the help and replies! I'm really excited about this!!!
Your first option is fine. I'm assuming you mean you'd use the kids' credits to buy their meals (i.e. a kid's meal).

Your second option sometimes (maybe usually?) works. It worked when we were there during free dining (the explanation given was that dining was so busy that some people couldn't get enough ADRs to use their TS credits, so they were allowing TS credits to be used as CS credits). Other than the Free Dining thing, I'm not sure if there is a reason for why it will (or won't) work. I've heard reports both ways (i.e. it sometimes is allowed and sometimes isn't). Maybe a WDW owned versus not thing?
crashbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

In most cases you should be allowed to use a TS credit for a CS meal, but from what I'm reading now, only if you have already used up your CS credits.

You can also use two children's TS credits for a room service kid's meal.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #7
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

We learned that the answer to whether you can convert a TS to a CS depends on who is at the check out. We were told that it is suppose to be allowed but many CMs do not know how to do it. You can always ask for a manager if the CS cashier does not know how to do it.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: