Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #91
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I usually HATE pictures of myself, but a friend who has not seen me in about 6 months saw a picture that was posted in FB from this weekend, she was soo impressed with how much weight I had lost! I went to look at the picture and cringe and it was pretty nice! I honestly looked like I may only have about 30 more pounds to go in it!! I have never been so happy to see these changes in my body in years!!! The walking/running and Jillian are morphing this body in amazing ways! I know I'll deal with flabby skin and arm wings for a good long while but feeling those muscles under it all is a reminder that I'm actually doing it this time!! No turning back, no excuses....losing fat and building muscle!!

After working out for 83 minutes today, I even had the energy to spray 1/4 of my pastures, took over an hour and a half carrying 4 gallons of Grazon on my back...I got a nice farmer's burn, but I see myself having more energy to do the things around the barn that need doing....the horses are ready to be worked with and with the added loss of weight, I think I am ready to ride again...when I get to my ultimate goal I am going to find an awesome saddle once and for all...I have never had a saddle my whole life! I've been using bareback pads...my daughter has an English saddle but she prefers bareback pad as well..but I would love a fluidity endurance saddle ...only $3500!!! HUH?? I'm hoping to find something that fits my horse well and will allow me to ride longer distances...but also be able to learn dressage on....our horses need a job and dressage would be great to teach them! Two of our three are rescues and mean the world to me, can't wait to finally be able to work with them the way they needed!!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #92
lmhall2000

Hmm...12 days max between cycles...oh joy. Is this what perimenopause looks like? My mom and older sister both had hysterectomies so I am the first female to go through this...all my aunts had hysterectomies as well, that I know of...the good news is I do not feel my chest is half as swollen as it was two weeks ago...amen!

Now, for you women, I am awful at fitting bras...when you are measuring for a bra and it says 34..is that the measurement around your body where your bra fits? Or is that the measurement around the top of your bra where your chest is? My body measures at 34" but all my bras are still 38s and 40s..I'm thinking I need new bras, but hate to buy any until my chest goes down some, nothing like a vacuous shell of material to remind me of what once was...I may just live in those stretchy exercise type of bras.

I finished day 2 of Ripped week 3..it is hard! I am sweating! My triceps are wondering why it's taken 45 years to meet me...I may have to go swimming today to work out all these new muscle fibers that are screaming at me...

Going to go drink more water and eat some almonds for snack, cheerios with milk for breakfast, lunch will likely be a salad and the good old spinach kale concoction...last night's was awful!! The blackberries I bought were not ripe at all and so sour! Tonight I'm going with pears and blueberries...surely it will be better!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 07:26 AM   #93
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Smile

Good morning-yes the 34 is around under your breasts-that measures at the top of your ribs or so.

Summer setlzers came out by Polar-cucumber melon,ginger lemonade,pomegranate sangria,pina colada and mint mojito-mmm good!!!!!!!!! 0 sodium 0 cals.

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:29 PM   #94
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2minnies View Post
Good morning-yes the 34 is around under your breasts-that measures at the top of your ribs or so.

Summer setlzers came out by Polar-cucumber melon,ginger lemonade,pomegranate sangria,pina colada and mint mojito-mmm good!!!!!!!!! 0 sodium 0 cals.

Linda
Linda!! Thanks!! What are these Polar things?? Where do you get them?? They sound awesome!!

Old 05-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #95
lmhall2000

Shaved THREE minutes off my 5k time!!!! I ran for a mile!! I had to walk a quarter/run a quarter but it was a mile at 4.4 I know that's a fast jog but I am getting into the rhythm...my left knee wanted to whine that last quarter mile but I made some adjustments, I led out with my foot shooting it forward to extend and that changed the angle where the most pressure was hitting the knee, that solved it! I'm still going to ice it now just in case it wants to flare up...I know the extra pounds leaving will help more than anything, but I think I can do this 5k in August!!

I really just need about 20 more minutes off to be a full jog the whole time! I am going to stick to running this mile and might try to increase my walking speed (currently at 3.5)

I have to tell you on this journey, when I started walking on the treadmill at 265, I though 3.2 was going to kill me..I often started at 2.5 and would increase to 3.2...and go back down...now when I go from 4.4 to 3.5 I feel like I am walking SOO slow!!! Our bodies DO ADAPT!!! Do not give up on them, believe that they can do it...address the injuries but do not let them sidetrack your goals!

On a side note, I normally do not stress about much, but finances are always tight since surviving those 31 months of two mortgages...an AC tech I've used for 3 years was trying to convince me I needed a new unit. He acted rather 'put out' with me when I told him that I would need to check around and maybe get a second opinion...that should have been a clue. We've gone without AC for 60 days due to the amazing cool spring (Thank you God!) but with it hitting high 80s this week we had to turn it on..nope, did not work..but I did not want to call the other guy..got a referral from a sweet friend...they came out today....WHAT A WORLD of difference an honest professional makes!! Our old tech tried to tell me I had too many leaks and it would be more to fix it than it's worth...freon being so high he was really working on me to buy a $6000 unit! Really? I refuse to go into debt and we pay cash for everything now but we did not have that!

The new guy tore my unit apart, boraxed the coils, showed me I had NO leaks, he suspected the old tech had been charging me for freon that he never put in and actually probably leaked mine out! But worse than that, when the new guy tried to turn the unit on to AC, it would only blow out heat! He found the culprit..my old tech had rigged my unit so that it would not switch from heat to AC..so a 'dumb mom' would figure she'd need to call the tech to sell her a new unit... The JOKE is on him!! My hero and his wife set me up and fixed our unit for $287!! Freon and a new fan plus their time cleaning all my coils!! I really need to write BBB but I'm still too angry about the lowdown tactics of those in these service industries...and soo soo thankful for honest business owners! CHEERS to them!!

Old 05-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #96
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Wow your other HVAC tech sounds awful. You definitely need to report him at the BBB and online where ever you can. I always look online for reviews as much as possible.

Congrats on your 5k time! That's amazing! Great work!!!

Keep it up!!!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #97
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran

Smile

Great job on the 3 minutes,thats huge!!!!!!!

Maybe you guys don't have Polar products down there.It is the name brand of sodas and flavored seltzer waters.I believe they are out of Worchestor Ma.

Google them to see.

Linda
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #98
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2minnies View Post
Great job on the 3 minutes,thats huge!!!!!!!

Maybe you guys don't have Polar products down there.It is the name brand of sodas and flavored seltzer waters.I believe they are out of Worchestor Ma.

Google them to see.

Linda
Thanks guys!! I will have to research the Polar drinks, they sound like a great option....I am not too great at staying hydrated! And if they have fizz, even better

I finished day 4 of Ripped in 30 week 3..ouch ouch ouch! My shoulders are taking a beating...there is one move where you do this crab crawl kind of position, well they have their hands pointing towards their feet, this really feels awkward and puts such stress on my shoulders...I'm guessing it is because I'm still carrying 30-35 extra pounds that they do not have, who are we kidding, I'm probably carrying 50-55 pounds of what they do not have, I honestly think I would have to weigh 130 to be where they are!! But, I do believe in the 150s I can focus on fitness and see where my 45 year old body likes to settle into!

Tomorrow is weigh day!! Tried to stay low carb but with that 5k run/walk yesterday I needed carbs..so I had a 180 calorie granola bar and rice at dinner..(no smoothie..probably should have but found pork roast on sale..the whole roast was just $4.00!!!) couldn't pass up that opportunity to crockpot some, did not put sauce on it, just cooked it with garlic and an onion...tasted yummy over the rice...did have some spinach on it as well...trying to add greens to my meals.

Hope to see the scale move again!!! We are almost to our 100th day until our vacation!! About 108 days left I think...I CAN DO THIS!! I know for sure that I will LOVE where all these workouts and good eating are taking me!!

Dh has to go out of town for two weeks It's so hard for him to eat well when he is traveling..going to send him daily love notes of encouragement to help him keep focused! Maybe I could do a mini-challenge with him..whoever takes off the most pounds while he is gone gets a $50 splurge spending...I really want some new fitted workout clothes!! It helps me to see all the remaining bulges...they're shrinking!!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #99
lmhall2000

All I can think about is hitting 180s next week!! So excited to visit the 180s for a short stay then see 170s in July! Wahoo!!,

Old 05-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #100
lmhall2000

After my 5k walk/run yesterday I weighed again because I felt much 'lighter' than 192.4 The scale showed 191!!! I KNOW I can hit 180's next Friday!! I feel great! Clothes are loose, threw out my size 38 bra! Have a 36 on and it's loose! But I think I'd need a 34 DDD...I know they will go down to about a C size when I hit the 150s so I do not want to buy any until I hit the 160s...hate having so many sizes!

I did something I haven't done in probably 19 years! I shaved my ENTIRE leg!!! One, the surface area has shrunk quite a bit, two, I can hold my leg up long enough to shave the whole thing, and three they are looking pretty good - that I want to wear regular shorts not Bermuda!!! Wow!! I haven't said that in a looong time!

On body issues..I have never been one to think "I hate my body"...I have always loved my body and am grateful that it works as well as it does...I am more disappointed in myself for treating my body the way I have...these bodies are amazing vehicles!!! They work so hard for us even when we do not work so hard for them...now that I've consistently had 50+ days of exercise and eating well, I've seen how well it responds and feel badly that I did not consider the impact all my guilt/stress eating/lack of moving had on it...thankful it's forgiving and that I have such great support through Disboards and friends/family to urge me forward!

Heading to Memphis today to visit my mom/dad and take the girls to their Irish dance feis...they both are excited. We tore the house up trying to find a pair of bike shorts she needs to wear under her school dress..never found it, must run out and buy a pair this morning on our way out...wonder if we can find a dance store on the way? The closest one here is 45 minutes away, on top of a 3.5 hour drive don't want to add an hour and a half just for bike shorts..sigh.

On a fun note, my 17 year old son (almost 18) has just asked his first date to a matinee...it's the sweetest thing, his best friend he had at age 5-6 has reemerged thanks to Facebook and Debate tournaments in our region..they both are involved and did not know it (live states apart)..they had not seen each other since they were 6..well, he really does show an interest in her and wanted to ask her out since we'll be in Memphis this weekend...he has no driver's license so Granddaddy will likely chauffeur them around..how cool is that? Granddaddy gets to take them on their first date..it is so sweet and I know they will have a great time! He has worked so hard getting fit...joined the rowing team almost 3 years ago and within 7 months lost 65 pounds..he is now a fit and lean 6'3 and 180...strong kid, disciplined with his eating/exercise..just need to get him focused on his last year of math!

Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 PM   #101
lmhall2000

Whew!! Just soo glad this weekend is OVER!! I ate way too much off plan for yesterday (son's 18th birthday) and today (Memorial Day)...bbq/chocolate cake/cheeseburgers/French fries/oh my!!! I was proud I ran/walked 3.1 miles in my parents' neighborhood while visiting there...it was the first time I've run off treadmill and I did pretty well, had a time of 54 minutes, but it was probably more like 3.3 miles so that is a pretty good time!

My son turned 18...he is a sweetie!! He had a great day, we're having a party for him in a few weeks....but it was nice to celebrate it at my parents' house with cousins and friends!

Girls did GREAT at their dance competition..my oldest was worried b/c this was her first feis since breaking her food a few months ago...she did super!! Even though both girls' age groups were combined, out of the five dances they both competed in, they won 3 first places, 2 second places and a third/fourth/fifth place..they rocked it!

Back on plan for eating tomorrow and starting my final week of Ripped! I'll be completed with it on Sunday...need a new program to try...need to research!! Have loved the results from this one!!

Old 05-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #102
lmhall2000

Oh man, are my quadriceps burning today! I guess running on a real road definitely used different muscles than what the treadmill does...they are so swollen today and sore..but I guess that's good...

My eating is much better today, I honestly PIGGED out compared to what I have been eating, I kept my portions good but a portion each day of chocolate cake? I make exceptions for birthdays and it was delicious!!

I'm going to cleanse my eating by doing the 3 day diet for the next 3 days, mostly veggies/lean meats/fruits/whole grains...it is just very specific...tuna with cheddar or toast with peanut butter and grapefruit juice...I can do anything for 3 days and it will help cleanse my system of all that sugar/fats I had this weekend.

I really want to be in the 180s this Friday!! Finished day one of week 4 of Ripped..it was pretty tough on the core, but my core needs it, so that was okay...the jumping moves are too hard on my knees so I do past cardio moves that she introduced that did not hurt them...other than that it's pretty cool!

Old 05-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #103
lmhall2000

Late Spring Cleaning!

Oh! It feels soo good! I made a cleaning chart that had 12 tasks on it..we split up into pairs (the kids and I)...HA..I really thought we'd get it all done today, but only got 6 tasks completed..but the garage/front porch/back porch/laundry room/girls bedrooms and bathroom are all CLEAN!!! Tomorrow ALL the laundry will be COMPLETED!!

It is 8pm and I'm about to finish my Ripped...just so tired from all the pollen I inhaled doing all the outdoor stuff today...grass pollen kills me..but I WILL get this done! Tomorrow I should meet my 1500 goal of minutes of exercise for May!! So excited!

Dh is away for 2 weeks, I was so proud of him, instead of using this as an excuse to eat out at nice restaurants, he is packing his hotel fridge with good food!! He knows it's so easy to pack on the pounds while on business trips, he's going to do many Subway salads....so happy that he's taking the initiative to eat well...it's not easy!! But he has seen the change in me and knows how hard I've worked at it...at our age it is NOT easy...but DOABLE!!

Old 05-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #104
lmhall2000

Weigh in was 192.0 loss of .4. Ugh...I really should see 189 today, but shin splints and swollen quads are messing with me, walked 6 miles today hoping to work out the swelling...Everything is much looser, my body just likes to hang on to water and fat...but not letting it discourage me...I have until the sixth to hit the 180s, I know I can do it!

Old 06-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #105
lmhall2000

Okay, I think THAT is over!! I had two pieces of cake from our scouting badge ceremony, avoided all sweets at the event but then the cake had about 8 pieces left so I brought it home b/c no one else would, I arrogantly believed I could avoid the buttercream goodness...nope, had two pieces...they were small pieces but still...icing and all!

I am aiming for 2000 minutes of exercise this month, I think I can do it! Volunteered to teach two sweet boys how to swim, that always works up my calorie burning counts!! Last year, I taught two sweet girls from Brazil how to swim...it was a kick to see them fight their fears and make it across the pool by the end of the week! Hoping these two will be more fearless, I can get them swimming in 2 days if they're willing to put their head in easily!

Dh has to be gone for another week, actually two, his company has made him work the past two weekends instead of flying him home...they finally agreed today to pay overtime...whew! He has worked 90-100 hour workweeks for months with no overtime...heck, the money they save by not flying him home would help us! But, I am soo proud of him for watching his food while he's out there..he says he feels his pants are much looser, I think he has finally 'felt' the goodness of losing and is now more motivated to be active...it will be nice to have him home and see if I can get him to swim laps with me when he gets here...but it's been unseasonably cool here!! Our pool temps are below 80 and chilly!! I love to jump in at 83 or higher...hoping next week we'll hit it!

I had more comments on how it seems this week I've really ramped up the weight loss, the scale has not been as friendly as I'd like but everything is smaller! So, on Saturday I'll post my month 2 after picture!! Can't wait to compare it to day one! I have 3 more months to ratchet up the workouts/eating plan to maximize my body morph!

5k training is going well...I'm below 45 minutes now! It's HARD but my body is able to push through it!! Knee was giving me trouble but I stuck it out and I think the lengthened workout (3.1 miles) helps the inflammation go DOWN! I just have to be diligent about icing it afterwards to ward off any more swelling, wearing a brace while I run/walk tonight to see if that helps stabilize it..

Fresh salad for dinner, need to rinse and cut some veggies (red bell pepper, red onion, carrots, 3 forms of farm fresh lettuce I bought from a local gardner who brings her veggies to dance class ) It will be YUMMY!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: