Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #76
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

You guys make me feel sooo much better!! I was livid yesterday at the scale but all my clothes are so much looser so that made me feel better, I just needed a cheat DAY (not a cheat MEAL) I think I've got it out of my system...had one scrambled egg for breakfast, lunch was a slice of Pizza at Sam's Club (650 calories) then I came home and caved on a blueberry muffin my daughter had made for breakfast, with one teaspoon butter...(250 calories)...then went out to eat with a gift certificate at Applebee's....had french onion soup but only the cheese, the soup was awful...then had a wedge lettuce salad, less than 10 bites mostly lettuce..figure all that was 300 calories...2 potato skins and 1/2 dessert...(400 calories) WOW!! After eating less than 1200 calories a day for over 30 days this was a LOT! But I needed it...I just needed a day where I could not think of the scale/eating and also took a day off of exercise...I am back in mental mode of losing now....no more worries...but a clear sign I like to eat when I'm stressed!!

I had a piece of whole grain toast and 1 TBS peanut butter for breakfast, lunch will be salad with veggies/oil/vinegar and dinner will be the spinach smoothie...snacks will be a bit of almonds....it actually feels so much better to eat this way than yesterday, just had to get it out of my system!!!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #77
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

Just finished week one of Ripped in 30!!! YAHOO!!

I need to up my treadmill time or cardio time but feel stronger!! I had a Zaxby's salad for lunch as my 'treat' for Mother's Day...had a few blackberries, slice of turkey and a bit of banana for dinner, am out of spinach/kale so had to improvise on dinner...

Finally, finalized plans for our September trip! Was able to convince son to sleep with dh and youngest daughter is excited about the small bed at POR...she thinks it's 'neat' ....finally found someone who had a child 5'6 sleep on it and they loved it...so we saved $1100 by switching to POR from CR and even added an extra day since the free dining would really help us..no need to priceline that last night at the airport hotel...we will now spend 7 nights at Disneyworld!! So excited! Believe we have the final restaurant choices lined up...here is where we will go!

Ragland Road
Teppan Edo
Chef Mickey's
Ohana
Cape May Buffet
TRex
Sci Fi

Now, those meals should keep me focused on eating well and right the next 4 months!! We travel on the 10th so that gives me 4 extra days to get in the 150s!! I am so excited!!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #78
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

All I can say is I am GLAD there are only 5 more days of Ripped Week 2!! Goodness by golly if those planks are not sheer torture!! I sweated up a storm!

On a better note, I think my estrogen/progesterone levels are starting to go back to some semblance of stasis...finally feel like I am losing some of that water retention, my exercise top was much looser today and had no tenderness at all!! AMEN!! I should see the scale move if only from the water release!!

Had raisin bran for breakfast, 6 blackberries for snack, lunch was 6 grilled chicken nuggets from CFA, then had 2 skin fries from my daughter's order..she saves the skin fries for me, they taste more like baked potato so figure it was not that bad...then I had a handful of peanuts for snack...dinner will be spinach smoothie, which reminds me I need to run to the store!!

Our momma feral cat has moved 3 of her kittens! We have the other two safely in our screened in porch...now we're on a mission to find the babies!! UGH!! They are almost 6 weeks old and have a foster family ready to take them all..but now can't find them!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #79
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

All kittens are now safe and sound in our screened in porch..we have a family who will foster them and see that they get good homes...we are on the go so much that it is so hard for us to take care of them....they are adorable! We have found homes for over 12 kittens the past 6 years living on the farm...hoping we might catch the momma and get her spayed..our county puts down feral cats they won't fix/restore to wild...which many states do...

I am feeling SMALLER!!! Each day I feel a bit tighter in areas and a bit stronger in others...my knees do not hurt, my back is feeling 95% better..only hurts when I have to do some of the ab crunches on Ripped. Did pretty well on food yesterday! Proud of myself!

Breakfast was 2 egg omelet with 1 slice bacon and onions/slice of provolone...after last night's kale shake I needed some protein! Finished day two of week two of Ripped...not getting easier!! About to hop on treadmill for 2 miles then play with the kittens!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #80
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

Have I made it 3 weeks yet? No Diet Dr. pepper or any sodas for awhile now! I think I have managed to make it a habit!! I can not say that all urges to go get one have ended, but happy to have made it this far...yahoo!!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #81
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

Confession!!! I CAVED, i drank a Diet Dr. Pepper! Actually still drinking it...not that great, but I know I can definitely limit myself to one a month...I was just feeling so weak this morning, I don't drink coffee...I don't have tea to make and we live so far in the country that there is no place to get an unsweet tea that does not have Splenda or other sweetener in it...so I stopped at a quick stop and got one can. I may not even finish it...but I did my 30 day Ripped again today, took my middle child driving...(maybe that was the stress factor!) She is a phenomenal driver but I just HATE not being in the driver seat..I made her go on a 50mph 2 land road and she is still learning to maintain speed, she would go from 38-53! I told her to hold steady at 50...but she would get unsure in curves and coast down then forget to speed back up...she's doing a super job but I think it did stress me a bit

We then went to an outdoor mall and walked for about an hour after splitting a turkey panini for lunch at Barnes and Noble...had water there...but on the hour drive home I was just so needing a DDP.....my daughter did her best to talk me out of it but between the hot Alabama sun/driving/exercising my tushie off I just had to cave.

Now my house needs a big cleaning! Going to try and take a short nap then jump to deep cleaning at least 3 rooms. Then I'll try to get energy to get 2 miles in tonight on the treadmill...very excited about working towards the 5k in August...so need to start running more!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #82
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

I want THIS swimming suit!!!
http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-tu...~4235_593.html

Love this! Just wil not pay full price so have no idea if it will still be there when I need it
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:38 AM   #83
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

Made it to another weigh in! So excited! The water weight from my 16 day cycle is GONE! So that scale should be really kind tomorrow...hitting Ripped day four of week 2 today...will be so glad to end this week...but kind of scared of week 3!!!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #84
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

RECIPE ALERT

Redneck caviar!!

(can be doubled)
but the way I make it is
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can black eyed peas (rinsed and drained)
1 can white shoepeg corn (drained)
1 can rotel
(you can add one jalapeño but I never do)
5 TBS Red wine vinegar
5 TBS Olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp cumin
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 cup diced onion (I use visalia)

Mix all those ingredients up, refrigerate and serve with Frito scoops or whole grain Tostitos...it is YUMMY!!!!

Made this again for a picnic we're taking tomorrow...good for you and so yummy!!! I could just eat it with a spoon all day long but frito scoops are fun and tasty too!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:05 AM   #85
momof2minnies
DIS Veteran
 
momof2minnies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Westfield,MA.
Posts: 3,334

Talking

That bathing suit is so cute! That is a nice goal.

The recipe looks great but what is Rotel?


Waiting for your weigh in after the water loss..... drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!


Linda
__________________
2000 OKW First trip with the kids,2001 OKW First time for my parents,2002 Marriott Grande Vista/OKW,2003 MGV,2004 OKW,2005 March Disney cruise/SSR, July-MGV, 2007 CSR, 2008 Clearwater-day trip, Marathon 2009 OKW,Nov. 2009 CSR then the Magic,Marathon 2010 OKW,June 2010 AKL,Marathon 2011 OKW, Anniversary 2011 POFQ,Disney Dream+BC 2012,Disney Fantasy 2013,Anniversary 2013 POR, Jan 2014 OKW

4/08 First half marathon- Oleksak lumber- Ma., 2:23:35
10/08 Second half marathon-Applefest-Hollis,NH.,2:17:05
01/09 First full marathon- Disney-5:39:24
01/10 5K and Half marathon- with my brother- Disney-2:43:42
01/11 5k and Half marathon-Disney- 2:11:46
4/12 5k Castaway Cay on the Dream with Arynn
momof2minnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #86
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2minnies View Post
That bathing suit is so cute! That is a nice goal.

The recipe looks great but what is Rotel?


Waiting for your weigh in after the water loss..... drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!


Linda
3 Pounds GONE!!!

I saw 194 on the scale today and 194.0 to be exact! I think if I had not substituted that bowl of pasta for my spinach smoothie I could have seen a bit lower... I was just so weak yesterday and realized I needed some quick carbs...found this 'authentic' Italian pasta on sale yesterday and could not pass it up...I had one cup of it and it was divine!!! I also had about 10 cheezits as a snack because I ran out of almonds...usually if I eat those kind of empty carbs my body puffs up like a puffer fish, but not this morning!! I KNOW I can be in the 180s by June 6th! And maybe down to 185 by then! That would be AWESOME!!! My body feels non bloated and much leaner...even my girls (who are competitive Irish dancers) noted how 'cut' my calves are!! I agree!! HAving to do Jillian's Ripped and Shred and 2-4 miles a day carrying this extra weight kind of gives those calves a beastly workout!

I had blackberries for breakfast, honestly not that hungry after the pasta last night...also had a serving of the Redneck Caviar last night, divine!! Okay, Rotel is the name brand of diced tomatoes and peppers that comes in a red/yellow can...if you've ever heard of Rotel dip (velveeta and a can of Rotel) that is what it refers to....it really adds flavor to the dish and gives you the tomato/peppery kind of taste...I usually will NEVER eat a tomato, but devour it in this!

I think my growth of muscle has kind of leveled out after 40 days of daily Jillian, so now my body can start attacking the fat..and it feels GREAT!! Everything is looser, my underwear is all loose in the seat so know I'm cutting some fat that and took my measurements on May 15th...so I'll measure the middle of every month to see what's morphing

I would love to see my arms go down! They measured as big as my calves! I know they will, but I have a bit of excess flesh so never know how to measure, do I squeeze the measuring tape around the flesh? I know that sounds awful, but my arms are really smaller they just do not 'look' that much smaller because of the extra flesh..sorry to be specific but it's a fact I have to live with

I am sooo dang proud of myself...and thankful that I have had no injuries or illness to sabotage these efforts...must go buy milk at a quickie shop to make the kids muffins, in the past I would have eaten 2 of them, I don't want a single one! Lunch is Redneck Caviar/Fritos and I will allow myself one snack size of peanut butter M&Ms...then dinner is spinach smoothie and have peanuts for snack
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #87
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

This morning I will complete last day of week 2 of Ripped! So thankful to say goodbye to planks!!

I am so excited about reaching 180s! I know I can do it within 2 weeks! I do have to be very good over Memorial Day weekend, we are traveling to Memphis for a dance competition, but I have become very good at eating better out! Going to make the most f these two weeks before the crazy cycle starts up again!

Blackberries for breakfast and salad for lunch with spinach smoothie for dinner... So ready for it today!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #88
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

Say Whuuuut??

I just tried on a size 12 swimsuit I bought for our cruise last year..it was too tight last September when I weighed 188...but it fit perfectly today!! Even at 194 my body must be more muscle!! I got to swim for about 30 minutes, but water was 79..soo cool, so I just did 20 laps and mostly kicked through that..too cold to get my head under! I also put on a top that I wore 5 years ago when I was 175 and it was loose!! I'm sure I stretched it out over these years but it was soo cool to feel that 'loose' feeling If I keep adding muscle, I think I'll be happy with how I look in the 160's...but 150's will probably be ideal! Can't wait to get there!!
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #89
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW
 
NightAngelX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I want THIS swimming suit!!!
http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-tu...~4235_593.html

Love this! Just wil not pay full price so have no idea if it will still be there when I need it
Cute! That would look great at a WDW resort pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
3 Pounds GONE!!!

I saw 194 on the scale today and 194.0 to be exact! I think if I had not substituted that bowl of pasta for my spinach smoothie I could have seen a bit lower... I was just so weak yesterday and realized I needed some quick carbs...found this 'authentic' Italian pasta on sale yesterday and could not pass it up...I had one cup of it and it was divine!!! I also had about 10 cheezits as a snack because I ran out of almonds...usually if I eat those kind of empty carbs my body puffs up like a puffer fish, but not this morning!! I KNOW I can be in the 180s by June 6th! And maybe down to 185 by then! That would be AWESOME!!! My body feels non bloated and much leaner...even my girls (who are competitive Irish dancers) noted how 'cut' my calves are!! I agree!! HAving to do Jillian's Ripped and Shred and 2-4 miles a day carrying this extra weight kind of gives those calves a beastly workout!

I had blackberries for breakfast, honestly not that hungry after the pasta last night...also had a serving of the Redneck Caviar last night, divine!! Okay, Rotel is the name brand of diced tomatoes and peppers that comes in a red/yellow can...if you've ever heard of Rotel dip (velveeta and a can of Rotel) that is what it refers to....it really adds flavor to the dish and gives you the tomato/peppery kind of taste...I usually will NEVER eat a tomato, but devour it in this!

I think my growth of muscle has kind of leveled out after 40 days of daily Jillian, so now my body can start attacking the fat..and it feels GREAT!! Everything is looser, my underwear is all loose in the seat so know I'm cutting some fat that and took my measurements on May 15th...so I'll measure the middle of every month to see what's morphing

I would love to see my arms go down! They measured as big as my calves! I know they will, but I have a bit of excess flesh so never know how to measure, do I squeeze the measuring tape around the flesh? I know that sounds awful, but my arms are really smaller they just do not 'look' that much smaller because of the extra flesh..sorry to be specific but it's a fact I have to live with

I am sooo dang proud of myself...and thankful that I have had no injuries or illness to sabotage these efforts...must go buy milk at a quickie shop to make the kids muffins, in the past I would have eaten 2 of them, I don't want a single one! Lunch is Redneck Caviar/Fritos and I will allow myself one snack size of peanut butter M&Ms...then dinner is spinach smoothie and have peanuts for snack
Congrats on your weigh in!!! That redneck caviar sounds yummy! We may have to try that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Say Whuuuut??

I just tried on a size 12 swimsuit I bought for our cruise last year..it was too tight last September when I weighed 188...but it fit perfectly today!! Even at 194 my body must be more muscle!! I got to swim for about 30 minutes, but water was 79..soo cool, so I just did 20 laps and mostly kicked through that..too cold to get my head under! I also put on a top that I wore 5 years ago when I was 175 and it was loose!! I'm sure I stretched it out over these years but it was soo cool to feel that 'loose' feeling If I keep adding muscle, I think I'll be happy with how I look in the 160's...but 150's will probably be ideal! Can't wait to get there!!
Awesome! With all your exercise i would not be surprised at all if you have more muscle and thus have smaller measurements at 194 than 188. Congrats!!!
__________________
Family: Me DH Ginger Desi Rev
1st trip EVER - Aug 2012 - AKL

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #90
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.
 
lmhall2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Space town, AL
Posts: 5,492

Thanks Night Angel!!! You ARE a Night Angel! Coming in the night to offer encouragement! Although I know parts of me are smaller, I still see this huge fleshy backside that taunts me...now I am going to put it through so me pain!

Just finished day one of week 2 Ripped in 30...that's a mouthful!

OUCH! She moves about 30% faster in this one...it almost seemed that the 'warm-up' was a cardio...it's almost as if she filmed it knowing she had to get out of there quickly..more planks.. more stressful knee moves...but my knees are feeling stronger, there is only one move I absolutely can NOT do with my knees..

She stands up with arms in the air, sits down quickly, lays on back and rolls both legs up in the air then lunges up and stands up again..it's like a reverse jumpie...but oh soo bad with someone with knee damage...it can NOT be done, so I just repeat the first two strength exercises while they kill their knees..in 20 years she will be sorry for the extra stress she put on them!

Going to do my treadmill workout and instead of inclines I am going to see if my knees can withstand longer running, I really want to run the 5K August 17th....I think I can do it!

I am going to up it to 5k 5x a week...I need to go see how many miles that is..ugh! 3.1 miles...oh well, I guess I can make that happen...it's just another 10-15 minutes...

for some reason I thought it was 2.6...time to get movin' movin'
__________________

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.