Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #31
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

ONEDERLAND!!!

All I gotta say is diet and exercise make a difference!!

So excited! I just need to lose about 8 more pounds to hit my target goal by May 6th!

My dear husband lost 6 pounds this week! And he did not even exercise! Hoping to get him more active as his weight comes off!

Off to plank to level 2 of 30DS and do 1 mile treadmill...

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 08:32 AM   #32
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
ONEDERLAND!!!

All I gotta say is diet and exercise make a difference!!

So excited! I just need to lose about 8 more pounds to hit my target goal by May 6th!

My dear husband lost 6 pounds this week! And he did not even exercise! Hoping to get him more active as his weight comes off!

Off to plank to level 2 of 30DS and do 1 mile treadmill...
YAYAYAYAYAY!!! Congrats!!!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #33
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
YAYAYAYAYAY!!! Congrats!!!
I just had to give big thanks!! That was soo fun to see this morning!!

When I lost down to 187 last year, I would use every Friday as a break day, I would weigh and then eat double what I normally did on Fridays..I began to look forward to weigh day just so I could eat! Today, I had a complete go get 'em attitude and not thoughts of what 'cheat' could I eat crept into my mind!! I had a one egg omelet for breakfast, I'll have almonds for snack, drink my spinach smoothie for lunch since we're camping and get a salad from Subway on the way to the campground...I CAN stay on plan when travelling, takes a little more will power...but when I start the day out burning through the plank torture that is Level 2 of 30DS...how could I sabotage those screaming muscles by making them seek out nutrients from a non plan meal??

I can't!! I just pray this newfound wisdom and willpower has staying power...with my husband losing alongside me it really does help! My youngest daughter (14) tried 30DS with me, oh my goodness, she is a competitive dancer but has no upper arm strength..she was making me laugh but she saw me completing it without stopping and she was amazed, since I'm heavier than her size 2 frame! She's inspired to get more fit with me! Love it!

Still no answers on son's issue while exercising..waste of a trip to ENT and 2 nasal scopes ..poor guy!

Old 04-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #34
lmhall2000

Copying from my April Losers response, I am a bit bone tired..last weekend it was in the 80s, Friday night on the mountain it got to freezing..and I froze until about 3am until I finally got enough warmth to hide in my sleeping bag and sleep for 3 hours...whew!!

I survived the 3 day campout! Had smores offered to me, NOPE..not a bite, had a 2 pound bag of M&M's...NOPE not one single solitary one..I even saw two stragglers laying around, I promise you in the old days (just 3 weeks ago) I would have not thought twice about picking those up and eating them or having about 4 handfuls of those things!! NOT ONE!! I succumbed to a serving of Ruffles potato chips yesterday and again today when I got home, I had about 8 potato chips yesterday (but they were big) and today I stuck to 6, but also the big ones..but honestly in the old days I could have had half the bag and still wanted more...I should be starting today or tomorrow (PMS) and I usually have horrific hunger/junk food cravings the day before so I let myself have those potato chips.

The exciting news was that I was able to stream Jillian's 30DS yesterday off the mountain, no cell service so I was worried and even better talke 2 other moms into doing it with me and their 3 daughters....they really enjoyed it but I had to give myself a pat on the back...I am roughly 40-50 pounds overweight,these moms were in normal weight zone to me...and they had to stop quite a bit during the workout..I really am amazed how much strength I have built up in just the 14 days I've been doing it! I assured them that if they start it and do it daily they would not have to stop at all...We all said how much better we felt after doing it!!

At the campsite, we were 1/4 mile from the bathroom so each trip was a half mile, I thinked I easily walked 5 miles each day just with bathroom trips and hiking to our skills field!

I just took my first shower in 3 days and am going to nap before tackling today's 30DS! I am just so amazed that I'm holding steady on this losing frame of mind and not the reward with food frame of mind!! It is tough but feels so much better!!

Now I've got to go see if Free Dining is offered yet for our dates in September, I will sooo need this trip come then!

Old 04-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #35
lmhall2000

I came home from the campout and rested, (after I put all the camping gear away)...when I tried to move after resting, every muscle seemed to ache!!! Where did that come from? I think I was just on autopilot the whole weekend and did not realize how much I moved...I did the 30DS and that seemed to bring some reprieve to my screaming muscles! I did not have the energy to get in the add'l two miles but I feel certain I more than covered that with the campout.

Tempted to take an Aleve, hurts that badly, but maybe I just need a good night's rest in a real bed!!

Tonight's spinach smoothie was spinach, mango and apple...honestly, not a great fan of mangos, but they were on sale....glad that mango is GONE!!! It made it so thick that I had to spoon my dinner...I could only get about 2/3 cup down...I had to stop...dh agreed it was pretty bad...blech!!!

Tomorrow for our scout meeting my girls are making bread dips to show different spices from other countries...going to do a Carrabba's type herb dip with olive oil and a roasted red bell pepper hummus with cumin..I just have to limit myself to one taste each...in the old days I could probably put away a good number of bread and dip!

Old 04-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #36
lmhall2000

Up and at em early, not as sore as i was yesterday...every muscle ached! I know my body is morphing, all these new muscles will help shape this body after 18 years of excess chubby fat cells. Glad to be back home where I have better eating options, breakfast will be a fried egg with toast..

Off to start my day!

Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #37
lmhall2000

To help us get excited for our hopeful trip to Disney in September (so much depends on budget/specials offered)...the kids and I are committing a Disney song to memory on the piano...I am doing "You'll Be in My Heart" from Tarzan, the kids chose "Medallion Calls"..theme song for Pirates in the Caribbean, "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story and from Herules, "Go The Distance." All three songs are such fun songs to exercise to...

The plank exercises on Level 2 of 30DS are getting easier...but boy my shoulders are heated after each workout! It really helps to get right on the treadmill to help them stay loose and warmed up.

Low on groceries, likely having pepperoni, apple slices, cheese for lunch and spinach/apple/carrot for dinner...

Old 04-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #38
lmhall2000

When I need ā sweet, I go for about 15 cherry infused craisins! Yum!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #39
lmhall2000

First night skipped spinach smoothie, had made hummus for a scouting project so ate a serving of that instead...blueberries for dessert. Back to smoothie tonight, only three of us will eat hummus so did not want to waste it! I tolerate it so it was a bit of a chore to eat it. But I know it is good for me.

Feeling a bit weak this morning, will probably have a high fiber cereal, I think I need some carbs.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #40
lmhall2000

All Bran (YUCK YUCK!) I bought that cereal when it was buy one get one free at Publix a few months back, the sign that it's still in my pantry should have been a clue, it is like eating cardboard that has been shredded and had glue applied to it...I had to choke it down, lunch was 2 slices of chicken lunch meat with a slice of provolone and a 1/2 cup of diced potatoes....dinner will be the spinach smoothie, actually looking forward to it! It kind of cleanses your palate I bought some ice cream and cinnamon bread that was on sale for the kids...I am really kind of tempted to have a portion but I think I can stay strong and say NO! All I need to do is go try on my next size smaller pants!

I did fit into some pants I could not 3 weeks ago! 30 DS is sculpting it, but when I look in the mirror as I do the floor exercises I just realize how much 40-45 more pounds looks like!! Wonder if I might have to get below 140??? I can't remember being that low, but so hard to tell what a number on the scale will reflect in the clothes I wear! I do see bigger changes in my waste/hips/thighs...thankful!

Going to knock out a couple of miles while my kids do dance/rowing...it's a beautiful day here and I will enjoy the walk along the river! Love hearing and seeing the birds go about their business

Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #41
lmhall2000

For those of us who have had over 30 pounds to lose, you know that moment when you wake up and you 'feel' different?? I scratched my back and realized that my shoulder blades were more prominent, laying on my side, my hip bone is starting to appear through the layers of chubby little fat cells that have occupied that space for too many years. And of course the wrist bones that start to jut out again! I can also tell it in my face and shoulders, my body is morphing!! I know I still have a good 40 pounds to go, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! I firmly am committed to this September 6th goal and feel so much more positive!

Those nagging thoughts or temptations of "just one bite" or revisiting my weight loss goal and adjusting down has not even entered my mind the last 24 days!! They say it takes 3 weeks to build a habit, I've done it! I have stuck with my eating plan for over 21 days and had fewer than five deviations, no sugar, no chocolate, and just two instances of white flour...

So, now that I've done fairly well keeping that important stuff in check, I am going to work really hard on saying goodbye to diet drinks. The key here is going to get in the habit of finding my water bottle and keeping it filled and out of my car and washed...I know I can do it...it is just so refreshing to have that pop and fizz..I'm convinced my brain is wired to release endorphins when I pop that can! I don't even finish the can most time (Diet Dr. Pepper) but have them about 5x a week...it's my reward when I do our weekly shopping, my reward when I drive 2 hours 3x a week to the river for rowing, and usually as a treat on the weekend...

I know I need to replace it with some other type of 'treat' for this to stick...I guess I could do unsweet tea from Chick-Fil-A (like theirs the best) but 2 of theirs would be the cost of 5 cans....so maybe I'll just do that instead...here's to drinking my LAST can of Diet Dr. Pepper today (dh bought me one on the way home last night because he knows how crazy my Tuesdays are..8am-8pm days)....I will bid adieu to the DDP and all the chemicals that have been bombarding my blood stream!

Old 04-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #42
lmhall2000

Savoring every minute of my last Diet Dr. Pepper!!

Old 04-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #43
lmhall2000

Sadly, just bid adieu to that last DDP....NO MORE EVAH!!!! I've said that 3 other times and made it as far as 6 months...we'll see if I can make this change stick!

Funny thing, last night I had two dreams...one was really bad...I dreamed the Boston bomber was in line at a 7Eleven and he was arguing with the cashier, I recognized who he was but no one else did...he was acting all paranoid and I could not tell if he was trying to rob the store or not, so I politely tried to ask if he needed money and I took out $11 and offered it to him...he looked kind of crazed in his eyes and would not take the money, he then storms out and takes a trailer loaded with horse hay and goes to feed my horses....STRANGE!!!

Then, my second dream was that it was May 6th and I was booking Free Dining and very excited...I went and posted that on the Discounts and Codes page and it was not 30 minutes later, maybe an hour, that the whiz kid comes on and starts a thread saying Free Dining has been discovered and do you want to know the date Free Dining starts for mua?? MAY 6th!!! How bizarre is that?? Now, I am excited but such a decision to make, can not decide which option to take...I posted a poll on the Resorts thread....I think if I could have a Standard room rate open up at Contemporary I would book with no problem, right now it is sitting about $300 more than DDP paying up to get it at AOA Nemo Suites..Cabins are about $700 cheaper but I fear we would not gt that "Disney" feel in a cabin??

Strange things are happening!

Old 04-25-2013, 05:06 AM   #44
lmhall2000

Teenagers!! Regionals for rowing are coming up, last night my oldest comes and tells me at 10:15 that I need to take him to rowing at 4:30 am!! Mind you it's an hour drive there and back, lows in the 30s...reallY? He thought for sure he told me this last week, but I think I'd remember having to get up at 4:00am on a weekday...sigh...Tempted to do my 30DS at the river but will probably sleep in the car while he rows...I'm already tired just thinking about my day, oh, and we have to go back again this afternoon for 'official' practice...

Old 04-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #45
lmhall2000

Tomorrow my youngest turns 14! Having some friends for slumber, picking up ice cream cake..ice cream does not tempt me but she wants Papa Murphy's grilled cicken pizza...That does tempt me! Depending on weigh in I may have to have a slice!

Back at rowing...but I went to mall to get a gift for dd..I was surprised it was 50% off! SCORE!

Think we are for sure sticking with Contemporary resort! Now I can just imagine riding that slide in my skinny swim shorts! Loving the changes and can not wait to take my 30 day after picture!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: