Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #16
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

TIP #1:

For any with back pain while they are trying to get in shape, this back brace is a life saver!!!! Worth the bit of money!!

http://www.amazon.com/Mueller-Adjust...ler+back+brace

Do not let physical pain overwhelm you! There are helps out there to help you become stronger!

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:23 AM   #17
lmhall2000

Personal Pat on the Back!

Have to drive many hours to make it in time to my son's regatta in another state...up at 5am to do my 30DS for the day since I likely will not return before midnight...what does this say folks?

I am COMMITTED!!! Or as Randy Jackson would say, "She is in it to WIN it"

Or in this case, LOSE it!!!! Off to get my workout completed! Praying the dogs leave me be, they like to come in while I"m exercising and sit on me while I do the stomach crunches...with no kids to keep them out up this early, it will be a challenge

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
Personal Pat on the Back!

Have to drive many hours to make it in time to my son's regatta in another state...up at 5am to do my 30DS for the day since I likely will not return before midnight...what does this say folks?

I am COMMITTED!!! Or as Randy Jackson would say, "She is in it to WIN it"

Or in this case, LOSE it!!!! Off to get my workout completed! Praying the dogs leave me be, they like to come in while I"m exercising and sit on me while I do the stomach crunches...with no kids to keep them out up this early, it will be a challenge
Good job! Its funny a friend on my facebook was up at 130am doing 30DS too. lol She watches it on youtube. Now that I know its on youtube I might try it too.

Your goal is definitely ambitious but since you are making such drastic changes hopefully you will meet your goals. Just keep swimming!!!

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #19
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Good job! Its funny a friend on my facebook was up at 130am doing 30DS too. lol She watches it on youtube. Now that I know its on youtube I might try it too.

Your goal is definitely ambitious but since you are making such drastic changes hopefully you will meet your goals. Just keep swimming!!!
Thanks so much!!!

Congrats to you on heading to goal!! You're less than halfway there, it feels great doesn't it??? After taking a 5 month break I am ready to commit 5 months to getting there Soooo hard, I get tired, but I know it can be done Stayed under 1200 calories today even travelling...had another McD's snack wrap, pasta (about a cup), cereal and pistachios...

Sooo tired, was on the road 8 hours today..sigh.

Oh! Also want to encourage you to add 30DS to your plan! It really helps keep your mind focused on building a leaner and stronger body!

Last edited by lmhall2000; 04-14-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #20
lmhall2000

For motivation I go searching the internet for before/after pictures and reading success stories...then I try to make adjustments in my plan to aid the losing process.

Today, I realized that the 30DS is a great start but I can not rely on that as my main exercise to promote weight loss. Last week, I added about 7 miles on the treadmill to it, but again...not enough...

Seven miles at 4.0 on zero incline is more in line with a maintenance lifestyle than a losing one. Face it folks, you need to move to lose!

So, my plan is to make weekly adjustments...this week will be upping the hours of workouts and the intensity.

Last week: 3.5 hours of 30DS and 2 hours of treadmill

This week: 3.5 hours of 30DS and 3.5 hours of treadmill but at a higher intensity and incline...

I can walk, but now I need to SWEAT!

Old 04-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #21
lmhall2000

Friend at church gave me good tips!

Eat a protein at every meal but choose either fats or carbs to go with it, never both (while trying to max loss)

When eating a piece of fruit, add a small protein with it, helps stabilize lucse spikes...

And of course, no sugars...

Going to adopt this idea this week, makes sense because my fave go to meals have all three at once! lasagne, pizza, cheeseburger, chicken tetrazzini

Old 04-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #22
lmhall2000

So excited!! I know I am not on this to GOAL journey alone! From the friend at church sharing that helpful tidbit on food options and then my husband this morning saying he was committing to taking the 5 flights of stairs everytime he had to go to the restroom at work (this man does NOT like to MOVE)...I am energized!! IT helps so much to know that others are helping!

I was reading an article and it said you need a CHALLENGER and an ENCOURAGER in making weight loss work for good...the Challenger keeps you faithful to your exercise, the Encourager is there to keep you from giving up...too often I have had to fill the role of both of these for myself and you just get TIRED!! I can see how God brought me BOTH yesterday! It was such a huge highlight and enough to keep me focused and ready for the next day!

I went and bought a pair of M sized workout shorts that were clingy so my before/after picture will more accurately show all the bumps and rolls that are DISAPPEARING!! I can FEEL a difference after just a week of 30DS!! My shoulders especially! And my waist, that little muffin top is lessening and it FEELS GREAT!!!

Going to go put them on while I do my 30DS to know what they felt like TIGHT so when those puppies get loose, I can smile and smile and smile!! Donated about 8 tops this weekend (they were 1X or XL shirts) they are too big!! YAHOO!! Never again!

Found that swimsuit at Belk's!!! Still $99...but I looked at it and realized it probably does not have the support up top that I'll need at goal..so I may just cut out a picture of a dream suit and see how I can manage, but I did see an awesome bright orange cover up that was soooo adorable! Even my husband said he could see me in it!

Exciting times folks! Daunting but exciting!!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #23
lmhall2000

Just a prayer post for all those in Boston, I can not imagine the toll it takes on a person to commit to a marathon...one of those things I could never see me working up to...then to have fear put into your world for simply wanting to achieve something wholesome...very sorry to all those going through this and pray the detectives have a clear cut path for justice to those who spawned this tragedy.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #24
lmhall2000

I feel like I have turned a corner!! Tuesdays had always been my day of NO workouts, I used the excuse that I was just too busy (day starts at 8am-8pm)....so always just rested any free minutes I had in the day, but doing the 30DS, there are NO breaks! I somehow managed to get up extra early, do day 10 of level one...started my day teaching, had 47 minutes home to walk dogs and 35 of that I spent on the treadmill! Just got back at 9pm tonight and made our spinach smoothie (mine and dhs...girls are also partaking in it for health)...I am EXHAUSTED, but ENERGIZED that I was able to put the excuses to the side and stick to my exercise commitment for this week...hoping the scale is very kind to me this Friday!!! So tempted to weigh today, clothes feel looser, body feels stronger but I'll wait for the big reveal on Friday

Old 04-17-2013, 06:54 AM   #25
lmhall2000

Getting ready to tackle day one of Level 2 (30 Day Shred)....

Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #26
lmhall2000

Whew! What a workout, has me a bit fearful of level 3!!! In one word, PLANK!! Aaargh!! Thankfully, level 1 built up my upper arm strength or this workout would have been a waste! I do all the modified moves except one, which is not so bad, I CAN NOT and will not do the last move, for those with pre-existing knee conditions...it is not worth the risk! Very easy to put torque on your knees with that last move...it could easily knock my knees out, so I modified it by repeating the last minute bicycle abs move from level 1...it's only one minute and I still get the strong burn...so I'll stick to that one.
I did sweat a bunch more than week one...and my body seems to stay 'hot' longer, it's as if my muscles are in a volcano...they're burning through something, so hope it's the FAT cells that need to lose their volume!!

Eating has been so much easier by supplementing dinner with the spinach smoothie..that is the time I want to cheat the most, but not giving me that option to cook a 3 course meal...I stay on plan easily.

Today was cheerios with skim milk, one slice ham/swiss cheese for protein snack. Lunch was wheat cracker and pastrami slices (no cheese because trying to follow either carbs or fats with protein not both) and I had 1/2 a mango for snack.. dinner will be spinach/mango/strawberries....one cup. Had more water today than I usually do, I am PMS...so hoping the scale will not hold back on showing me that 19X number!!! 190's here I come, but will not be there long, expect to be 18X in May!! Then 17X in June...Nothing is holding me back...thankful for this continued motivation!

I will not lie, this is HARD!! Best advice I can give is NO excuses, just do it and whine later

Old 04-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #27
lmhall2000

Self analysis...

I use food as a reward.

Every holiday as a child was spent eating all the fixins and there was always a table loaded with every imaginable dessert.

If we had a bad day, food was always suggested to relieve the pain.."Why don't we make a batch of cookies?"

As a poor college student, if my roommates and I had an extra $5...we would head out for food...granted I lost 90 pounds first year so you can tell how little I had

With the daily exercise and committing to the spinach drinks for dinner...feeling my body change to a slimmer self has somehow acted as a shield on those behavioral impulses that are ingrained into me.

But!! Those impulses are STRONG and I find myself fighting them sometimes daily...The good news is I feel that I can stick it out these five months before our trip...

There is a type of panic that at the end of the five months that I will need to take a BIG break from this type of schedule/commitment to weight loss. I am hopeful that through these next months, that panic will abate and I will have a grip over these nudgings to indulge in a high calorie meal.

I read the other day where one of the biggest losers has not eaten pasta in 3 years! Her fear that her old ways will creep back...that kind of thinking scares me...I want to be able to eat everything but in a portion or less! Have a roll, but skip the 2nd and 3rd...have pasta but keep it less than a cup...honestly, in the past I could eat three even four slices of pizza...now I need to max out at two, but to do a side salad and one slice would be a great meal!

Little steps I need to reiterate and reiterate to help me make these losses permanent.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #28
lmhall2000

So excited about the weigh in tomorrow! I have to go camping this weekend so likely will have to skip my smoothie on Saturday but with all the hiking and events (60 girls from local AHG troops) I am sure my body will burn it off, taking the Ipad with me to complete my exercise....yep, committed!

I could not sleep a wink, had two dogs on my bed that are usually not there...they pinned me in and I am too tender hearted to kick them off...my back and hips require constant turning so no pressure points...just no rest but I will get in a nap this afternoon.

That is a key element to weight loss especially doing daily exercise...you must rest your body to help restore and support those new muscle groups.

This morning I need to get son to ENT...he has an issue with his throat closing up on him while exercising...if I think about it, he always has had this problem...we thought when he had his tonsils and adnoids out 6 years ago it fxed it, it did really help...for years his pediatrician has been working off the assumption that my son may think it his his throat when actually it may be his asthma flaring up...so, three weeks ago his ped but him on Qvar a daily steroid...two nights ago his throat losed off after rowing and he could not swallow tea without a struggle...both of us were scared...we see the same ENT who did his surgery, so hoping he realizes ths is connected to years ago...and it is triggered by exercise...not pollen because it happens in the dead of winter while exercising as well. Please send a prayer up if you can!

Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #29
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW

Have fun this weekend! I am sure all that outdoor activity will burn alot more calories than your other exercise! Do you have a pedometer? Might be interesting to see how many miles you go.

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #30
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngelX View Post
Have fun this weekend! I am sure all that outdoor activity will burn alot more calories than your other exercise! Do you have a pedometer? Might be interesting to see how many miles you go.
Thank you! I do not own a pedometer but I know after every 2 night campout I am bone tired and just want to collapse!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: