Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
dp911
Mouseketeer

if you don't like kids, wdw is not where you should vacation

Sick of the anti baby in restaurants. Go elsewhere, where only adults are allowed. And make sure your dining etiquette is perfect before judging parents.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Wow. What got you are riled up?

I don't have kids. I expect them at Disney. I also expect that parents will deal with screaming, running and other bad behavior. That is respectful of all guests, including the other families. If that expectation is an issue then you need to think about why your kids are allowed to be rude.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp911 View Post
Sick of the anti baby in restaurants. Go elsewhere, where only adults are allowed. And make sure your dining etiquette is perfect before judging parents.
Okay...spill it. I know there's a story attached to this, and we MUST hear it. Also, judgemental people suck.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #4
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Okay...spill it. I know there's a story attached to this, and we MUST hear it. Also, judgemental people suck.
I suspect this is the thread OP is referencing:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3092023
Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #5
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlduvall View Post
I suspect this is the thread OP is referencing:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3092023
Thanks for the link. So there's no good story? Bummer!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
writersblock42
DIS Veteran

I knew somebody who went on a Disney Cruise for her honeymoon. She complained that there were children everywhere running around and screaming, and splashing in the pool. I am not sure what she expected. There are plenty of couples only destinations and Disney or Disney cruises are not among them.
On-Site 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
On-Site 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
Old 04-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
J.C.&ALI'SMOM
I really had to bite my tongue on that one
Wondering how we could get our moonshine on the plane

Quote:
I agree, if people don't want to be around children, WDW is a poor vacation choice.

I'm sure there are a few anti-baby people, but most who post on this topic are anti-poor parenting. There is a big difference in not wanting kids in signature restaurants and not wanting crying, whining, running, misbehaving kids in signature restaurants.

I have taken 2 children to WDW for years, since they were 3 and 22 months and they always behaved well in restaurants. If they had not, I would have taken them out until they did.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
brertoad
DIS Veteran

When we went to La Nouba, a child kicked the back of my husband's chair for the entire duration of the show. We didn't say anything to the family.
But that ruined it for my husband and me. The whole time we were frazzled by this, and I don't know what parent in the world wouldn't tell their kid to stop. Paying $70 a ticket to be kicked the whole time.

Many times people will not say anything because it's up to the parent to handle the situation, and if you were to say something it would cause an immediate knee jerk reaction from the parents, and it would possible blow up into something worse.

And there are adults who are incredibly loud and rude (or drunk) as well. And we don't say anything to them either. For the same reasons, if you did, it would blow up into something worse.

Just because it is Disney doesn't mean a child should have free reign to do anything and everything they want. With regards to infants, I think most people are very understanding, and most parents also are well aware of the situation and will take their infant out to calm them when needed.

Last edited by brertoad; 04-07-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #9
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

I agree. I believe the issue is that people have a responsibility to watch their children. While most people do, unfortunately there are a few that don't or believe that if they are at Disney the kids do have free reign as stated above. When we were in line at The Land a dad was in front of his three pre-teen kids who were aggressively pushing and shoving each other, and then one leaned against the rails and flung his legs in the air together to swing back and kick another with no regard for anyone else. I just happened to the be lucky one behind them. The dad was oblivious and had no clue what was even going on behind him. We all expect kids at Disney and meltdowns and all that comes with it, but I also expect not to be kicked and shoved. We were in Sci-Fi and a poor young girl was not too pleased, and I felt bad for her parents who were trying to control the situation - no problem there.

Last edited by FiggieFan; 04-07-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #10
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

Everything about parenting is subjective including what it means to watch your children.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

I think we all acknowledge that there will be an abundance of children in WDW.

My objection is to children who are not being properly parented in WDW. But, I apply that to everywhere, not just WDW.

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 04-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #12
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
I expect children in restaurants... but I also expect them not to be allowed to run around tables, throw food, kick my chair, or scream constantly without the parent doing something.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

Old 04-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #13
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
I expect children in restaurants... but I also expect them not to be allowed to run around tables, throw food, kick my chair, or scream constantly without the parent doing something.
This. I visit WDW multiple times per year and have no problem being around kids. I don't even mind kids at signature restaurants as long as they behave as kids should in restaurants (i.e. no prolonged screaming, crying or running around). If a child needs to do any of that, it's up to the parents to take them outside and not let it disturb other guests.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 04-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAKid View Post
Everything about parenting is subjective including what it means to watch your children.
If I'm drunk and yelling and swearing at CP or CRT, then I should be asked to leave or quiet down. If a child is being allowed to run around a restaurant--any restaurant--where others are trying to walk or servers are carrying trays of hot food, glasses, etc, then someone should point out to that child's parent that they are needing more supervision or it's time to go.

We are a couple who can't have kids. We go to WDW and we don't mind the kids. However, there are some who don't provide enough supervision at restaurants (even in the real world, away from WDW) and allow their children to ruin the dining experience of others who are eating there. And that is not right. WDW is meant to be enjoyed by EVERYONE, not just those with children.

Commando #137 at your service!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #15
kevschickee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW

I agree!!! I have 2 kids and I can't stand when parents don't handle their children. My kids behave when we go out because they know if they don't then we leave.

Danica 5 DH 32

http://
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: