Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
cohenlanda
Earning My Ears

7 night Fantasy vs 4 night Dream/3 night WDW

Would you recommend 7 nights on Fantasy or 4 nights on Dream and 3 nights at WDW? We have 2 children, 7 and 2 at time of sailing. We have been to WDW twice (last was this past December) and cruised on Wonder in 2010. I want to do the Fantasy, so we can go to new ports and enjoy the ship longer. DH wants to do the Dream/WDW. He thinks we will not want to be on the ship that long, and he doesn't really get the difference in ports (not a traveler before we got married). Thank you for your input!!
cohenlanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
dpswift
DIS Veteran

I think that with 2 young children you might prefer the longer cruise. Longer cruises have a different feel than shorter ones and there are other ports that are way better than Nassau. You do not get board on the ship because they offer more activities.

With split trips you lose more travel time. It can take the better part of the day getting settled on the ship. Also with young children they can get very cranky if they get to destination 2 and they want to be back at destination 1. On our first Disney cruise many years ago they still had the land and sea packages. At the sail-away party there were many kids that wanted to be back at Disney. We had this issue last year when we went to Universal and then grandpas. It was embarrassing when my son kept saying that he wanted to go back to Universal.

This year we ended with a Disney cruise and all he can talk about is going again for a longer time.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
wendyoconnor
DIS Veteran

An advantage of the 7 night over a 4 night is that you don't feel like you have to cram everything you want to do on the ship into a couple of days. It's more relaxed.

Fort Wilderness 6/1992, Disney Magic 9/4/04, Disney Magic 9/18/05, Disney Fantasy 4/21/12, Disney Fantasy 10/19/13 upcoming Disney Wonder cruise 6/8/2015
wendyoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
FabFivePA
Mouseketeer

no contest, 7 days on the Fantasy!!
Especially since the kids have already done WDW recently.

I am exhausted just thinking about running around the parks for 3 days trying to get it all in, then running around the ship for 4 trying to get it all in, especially with a 2 year old, packing, unpacking, AHH!! LOL

We just got off a 7-night Fantasy, and still didn't do it all!! If he's worried about being on the ship, maybe pick a western where there's an extra port day.
BUT we liked the eastern a bit better with an extra sea day to enjoy the ship itself.
FabFivePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
kcx2njdisney
Earning My Ears

I also suggest the 7 night. As my husband says, the 3 night cruise is like a sprint trying to do as much as possible in a short period of time. The 7 is much more relaxing.
kcx2njdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
cohenlanda
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much! I was mostly concerned about my 2yo (bday will be on the ship!!). I would rather wait and go back to WDW again when he's a little older.

What type of activities are different on the Fantasy?
cohenlanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: