Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

How should I book this?

I need some help from the experts on how to book our next Disney trip for some of my ILs.

FIL is arrive in DW on Monday (along with my family) he has his own room. I plan to book him a package with an 8 day ticket Plus Dining.
SIL and DN arrive 3 days later and will be staying in FIL's room. I know they can not book a package of a different length then FIL. So I plan to have them buy a 5 day ticket and pay for dining out-of-pocket. But can I add then to his room? Not trying to break any rules want it official and them to have a key. Just call Disney and add them?
By not having a package what benefits would they be missing out on? EMH? Room charging? KTTW? Magic Express?

Is this the best way to book this? Any other possibilities?
Is it possible to book FIL, SIL & DN a package with a 5 day ticket and then upgraded FILs to 8 day at Guest Services at the park? But then if we wanted Dining on the package we would have to pay for 8 days of dining for all 3 of them, right? Hmm.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHMcG View Post
But can I add then to his room?
Yes. You just can't add them to his room until check-in. You can't do it prior to check-in unless they are on the same package.

Quote:
By not having a package what benefits would they be missing out on? EMH? Room charging? KTTW? Magic Express?
They will not miss out on any of those benefits. Just know that once they are added to your FIL room at check-in, you'll have to call Magical Express and book them.

Quote:
Is it possible to book FIL, SIL & DN a package with a 5 day ticket and then upgraded FILs to 8 day at Guest Services at the park? But then if we wanted Dining on the package we would have to pay for 8 days of dining for all 3 of them, right? Hmm.
That might work. Hopefully someone who has done this can confirm.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I need some help from the experts on how to book our next Disney trip for some of my ILs.

FIL is arrive in DW on Monday (along with my family) he has his own room. I plan to book him a package with an 8 day ticket Plus Dining.
SIL and DN arrive 3 days later and will be staying in FIL's room. I know they can not book a package of a different length then FIL. So I plan to have them buy a 5 day ticket and pay for dining out-of-pocket. But can I add then to his room? Not trying to break any rules want it official and them to have a key. Just call Disney and add them?

I've never done it, but you should be able to add them at check-in. I think at this point, they can be added as a room only, they will be issued a room key and can have charging privileges, EMH, etc.

After they are added to the reservation, you can call then add them to Magical Express, and since they're arriving 3 days later it should be fine. They'll just need to go to the desk and give them their name when they check in for the service.

You're right about the dining being for the whole duration if it's added in advance.
The only other option I can think of is to split the stay, and have him pick up his package tickets early. He wouldn't have dining for the first 3 days, and could possibly have to switch rooms when he checks out and back in.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
HHMcG
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the speedy responses.

It sounds like adding them to the room is easier then I expected.
I didn't think SIL and DN would be eligible for ME without a package. Hearing that they are is a big relief.

I need to plan this trip as simple as possible for FIL so a split stay is not an option.

I have another question - about the dining plan (I should post it on the dining board but I already have the back story spelled out here).
Let's say I book SIL & DN the same package as FIL; an 8 day ticket plus dining. Could we use some of their extra dining credits? We are planning CRT (2 credits) so I know we could use them up. I'm pretty sure we could do it. I'm just not sure if it is 'against the rules'?

Last edited by HHMcG; 04-10-2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Edited becasue I can't spell
HHMcG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: