Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
rachelm23
Mouseketeer

Cheap parking in miami

We are cruising out of Miami next week. Anyone know about cheap parking off site? Thanks!
4/11 Magic cruise
9/12 Dream cruise
10/12 Dream cruise
4/13 Wonder cruise
10/13 Dream cruise
3/14 Magic cruise
rachelm23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelm23 View Post
We are cruising out of Miami next week. Anyone know about cheap parking off site? Thanks!
Not sure of cheap places but beware of the mom and pop type parking lots. Last year there was a guy who was doing a major scam out of the area. He had cheap parking but would drive people's cars for the time it was parked there and smoke in them and stuff. He was caught after an owner got a red light cam ticket for a day he was on his cruise so thus couldn't not have possibly be driving his car.

Typically the mom and pop places to stay away from are the ones that have dinky sheds and mostly open pavement as their parking.
wilkeliza is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
Silstone
Mouseketeer

Careful. There was an article by the Herald/Sentinel reporting how cars are vandalized. Having lived there for 35 years, either pay $$$ at the port or have someone drive you. Not worth the worry or hassle. I'm having my brother drop us off tomorrow. Otherwise, I would have paid the port parking. (And I am very cheap!!)
Silstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
neg58
DIS Veteran

I parked at a place for $4.50/day. It was on 7th street, right in front of the sports arena. It was fenced in but otherwise sketchy. It was fine (but I drive an 11 year old car and nothing in it to steal). So I paid $32 I think rather than $160

There is a garage somewhere near the port for $8/day and people have complained that the parking is very tight.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
Melissa S
DIS Veteran

Parking at the port isn't any better. We did express walk off at 7am because my mother (who lives in Orlando) had to be at work at noon. The payment machines were broken and there wasn't an attendant at the booth. We were trapped for two and a half hours. Finally after calling the police an agent came and claimed that everyone (20 cars waiting at this point) was stupid and didn't know how to swipe a card. So she swiped my card several times before she realized the machines were in fact down and manually opened the gate. Mom was very late for work and then when I got back home noticed my AMEX was charged $500 (for the five times it was swiped).

Magic October 27, 2013 (5 night Halloween on the High Seas)
Wonder March 2, 2013 (5 night)
Magic September 7, 2012 (5 night)
Magic June 2, 2012 (8 night)
Dream December 26, 2011 (3 night)
Melissa S is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: