Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
lam21575
Earning My Ears

Gluten Free 4yr old - which restaurants were most accomodating?

Originially posted this in Dis Restaurants, but then found this board!

Hi there!

My DD will be 4 for our trip in October and has Celiac disease so on a gluten free diet. I know many of the Disney restaurants are very accommodating to food allergies/special diets (will be such a relief to travel and not worry!). She is a great eater and not terribly picky, but her faves are the typical children staples...pancakes, waffles, chx nuggets and mac and cheese, which are hard to find GF most restaurants. If anyone has recommondations for Disney restaurants where you've had good experience eating GF with a child, I'd love to know!

Thanks so much.
lam21575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam21575 View Post
Originially posted this in Dis Restaurants, but then found this board!

Hi there!

My DD will be 4 for our trip in October and has Celiac disease so on a gluten free diet. I know many of the Disney restaurants are very accommodating to food allergies/special diets (will be such a relief to travel and not worry!). She is a great eater and not terribly picky, but her faves are the typical children staples...pancakes, waffles, chx nuggets and mac and cheese, which are hard to find GF most restaurants. If anyone has recommondations for Disney restaurants where you've had good experience eating GF with a child, I'd love to know!

Thanks so much.
Most restaurants have the gf waffles, we stated at Port Orleans Riverside last year and had gf Mickey waffles. So did Boma. Pinocchio Village Haus at Magic Kingdom has Mac n Cheese and pizza. Nearly all the cs restaurants I've been too has a dedicated French fry fryer so I was able to eat too many fries. I've heard there are chicken nuggets or tenders at the cs restaurant in the American Pavillion on Epcot, but have not tried them yet.
Lemonademouth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 07:56 PM   #3
lam21575
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth View Post

Most restaurants have the gf waffles, we stated at Port Orleans Riverside last year and had gf Mickey waffles. So did Boma. Pinocchio Village Haus at Magic Kingdom has Mac n Cheese and pizza. Nearly all the cs restaurants I've been too has a dedicated French fry fryer so I was able to eat too many fries. I've heard there are chicken nuggets or tenders at the cs restaurant in the American Pavillion on Epcot, but have not tried them yet.
Thank you! We are staying at POR so very glad to hear this!
lam21575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #4
babyberger
DIS Veteran

The suggestions from my picky eaters:

GF pizza at Pizzafari in AK
GF Mac & Cheese at CHH in MK
GF Chicken tenders at ABC Commissary in DHS

We also had great GF kids meals at The Wave and Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary, Coral Reef in Epcot, Liberty Tree Tavern in MK, Sci-Fi Diner in DHS

And you have to go to Downtown Disney and take her to Babycakes NYC! It is a GF bakery and my kids couldn't get enough of their donuts and cupcakes!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
KristenFNJ
Mouseketeer

Columbia Harbor House quick-serve at Magic Kingdom also has the gf chicken tenders and fries

The Italian places have gf pasta-Tony's in MK and Mama Melrose in DHS... I *think* they might have gf meatballs, but investigate further before getting hopes up! (That's a typical kid food, so I thought I'd mention it )
KristenFNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: