Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
mollyhan
Mouseketeer

Advice

Booking for May 24th. Trying to decide between Beach Club or Polynesian.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Poly! I just don't feel Disney over in the Epcot area like I do seeing the MK, riding the monorail, etc. We love the theming at Poly much better and restaurant choices.
"Cinder" Ella's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Ooooo that's a hard choice. Both are wonderful. It would depend on who's going, ages, etc. are you spending more time at MK or Epcot area? I'd look at the resort pics on Allears.net to see which theming you prefer. No wrong choice with those 2. We had great stays at both.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

I like them both for different reasons. The Poly is in the midst of getting new room decor and double sinks in the bathrooms so their decor is not as much a deterrent anymore. Of course for May you won't be guaranteed an updated room.

The Beach Club has a limited Counter Service -- just the marketplace and then the Pool Quick Service Location.

The Poly doesn't have any hot tubs, but you may not care about that at the end of May.

At the Beach Club, once you are in the lobby you can walk to any room without going back outside. At the Poly, there are lots of separate buildings. This can be a negative if you get back to the resort during a downpour or need to go grab a refill on your drink, etc. during the rain.

They are both lovely. I have stayed at both and wouldn't hesitate to stay at either of them again.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class
April 2014 Grand Floridian July 2014 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic*
*April 2014 Disney Dream* UpcomingNovember 2014 Disney Fantasy

ADVENTURES BY DISNEY - MAY 2014 Viva Italia

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
graceesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
mmmears
DIS Veteran

My family really enjoys both of them.

Which parks do you spend most of your time at?
Which theme/room decor appeals to you more?
What ages?

Poly is great for the tropical theming and landscaping, views of the MK, transportation to the MK and Epcot.

BC is great for it's pool and location -- so nice to walk to Epcot and DHS.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #6
Linnyj
Earning My Ears

I've never stayed at the Poly, but have stayed at Beach Club many times. The beds are comfy, the decor is a soothing beach cottage theme (which feels like home to me), the bathrooms are a nice size with the sink separate from the shower/ toilet. The pool is AMAZING with sand on the bottom, a major perk. There is also a pirate themed water slide! The pool area also has a cute diner themed restaurant. If you like steak, the Yachtsman Steakhouse is a short walk to the Yacht Club next door. I love taking the boat as transportation to the Boardwalk area, which is charming with great shops and restaurants. Overall, the Beach Club area is just very nice to take a relaxing walk around in the evening after a day in the parks. Epcot is within walking distance and Hollywood Studios is a boat ride away. There aren't a lot of food options at Beach Club so my family and I always just had cereal and bagels in our room. I hope this is helpful! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time regardless of where you stay!
Linnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #7
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Seeing your kid's ages, I'd vote Poly. You'll probably be spending more time at the Magic Kingdom and the monorail will make that easy.
The BC is great though if you plan to spend a lot of time at Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Epcot is a short walk away and HS is a longer walk. Both can be accessed by the Friendship boats. BC also has the larger and better pool if your kids are swimmers.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: