Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #1
camille4750
Mouseketeer

Spring Break 2014--is it not too bad if you stay onsite?

Hi All,

I am a Disney lover and have never been to Universal. My kids are at good ages to enjoy Universal (14,12 and 8) and we all love Harry Potter, so want to try it out! Unfortunately, the only time we can go with school and such would be during Spring Break next year (March 28th- April 4th, 2014). If it helps, Easter is on April 20th next year, so we will at least not be going the week before or after Easter.

I have a few questions:

1) If we stay onsite (which is the plan) and have access to the FOTL pass, how bad will the waits be at that busy time?

2) How many days would you all recommend if we want to really see everything and enjoy the resort as well?

3) If it were you, would you do a week at Spring Break or try to squeeze in a short (3 day) trip at a non-busy time?

Thanks so much! We are really excited about Universal, but we want to plan appropriately.

Also, if anyone went this year during Spring Break and stayed onsite, I would love to hear your experiences!!
camille4750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #2
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

If you have to go during spring break, definitely stay onsite. It is extremely busy but your waits won't be too terribly long. I'd go for at least 3 days.

However, I don't believe your dates are really Spring Break and your week won't be too crazy. I'd still stay onsite.
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #3
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

I would say you will be good if you stay onsite. We were there during the grand opening of WWOHP and it was crazy busy but we stayed onsite and still had a fantastic time with little to no waits with the EP.

Have never been during spring break but I am going to guess that first week that WWOHP was open it was comparable

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: