Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
4under4
DIS Veteran

Help me pick

I'm adding on 3 nights to the end of our August "extended family" trip to surprise the kids (just the 5 of us). Right now I'm booked at CR Tower - Bay Lake View. I don't have any TS scheduled, and unless something really great opens up day-of (i.e. 'Ohana), we will probably just do QS.

On our transfer day from SSR, we will hang out with family in the morning (My Dad's flight isn't until 2:00), then maybe some DtD, before going to CR to check in. The next two days will be HS & Epcot, with afternoon breaks by the pool. I would also like to do the campfire / Water Pageant. If the kids REALLY want to go over to MK I might consider the PH add on for evening touring even though I doubt we will need it for the rest of the trip (we like focusing on a single park each day).

So here is where I'm struggling. Should I switch to the Garden Wing? I know it's closer to the pool, quieter, and it's less expensive, BUT I don't know if we will feel like we really "stayed at the monorail resort" if we aren't in the tower. I don't think we will stay at CR again any time soon (so many other great resorts to try!) but I don't want to regret this either way.

Me & DH plus our gang: DS13 DS11 DD/DS9

4under4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4under4 View Post
I'm adding on 3 nights to the end of our August "extended family" trip to surprise the kids (just the 5 of us). Right now I'm booked at CR Tower - Bay Lake View. I don't have any TS scheduled, and unless something really great opens up day-of (i.e. 'Ohana), we will probably just do QS.

On our transfer day from SSR, we will hang out with family in the morning (My Dad's flight isn't until 2:00), then maybe some DtD, before going to CR to check in. The next two days will be HS & Epcot, with afternoon breaks by the pool. I would also like to do the campfire / Water Pageant. If the kids REALLY want to go over to MK I might consider the PH add on for evening touring even though I doubt we will need it for the rest of the trip (we like focusing on a single park each day).

So here is where I'm struggling. Should I switch to the Garden Wing? I know it's closer to the pool, quieter, and it's less expensive, BUT I don't know if we will feel like we really "stayed at the monorail resort" if we aren't in the tower. I don't think we will stay at CR again any time soon (so many other great resorts to try!) but I don't want to regret this either way.
I would stick with the tower. We haven't stayed at the CR, but are trying it for the first time in December and will be staying in the tower. I can't give an opinion either way from personal experience since we haven't stayed there yet, but the tower appeals to me more than the GW and I think I will like being in the middle of it all with the monorail going through and Chef Mickeys down below .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
clapton
Mouseketeer

Having stayed at both, I would definitely stay with the tower. You will love it! Have a great time!
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: