Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
SeeDisney
I drove by my WAWA
Is Erika ignoring Boogie?
I'll take Sigmund the Sea Monsters any day

Questions for the Teen Room on Disney Fantasy.

Hello,

I will have two teenagers on our upcoming Disney Fantasy cruise in October.

Will there be chaperones there....especially to help the teenagers to get to know each and organize games, social times?

Or are the teenagers on their own?

We went on a Disney cruise four years ago and my eldest son was 11 and he LOVED the kids club (??? I don't remember what it was called then) on the Wonder, organized, game activities, etc. My eldest actually enjoyed the cruise more than Disney world.

My two teens will be shy at first when I drop them off to the teen room.

Please advise!

Jan. 05 -- Poly.
March 09 -- 7 days at SOG; First Family Wonder Cruise

SeeDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 AM   #2
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Yes.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046903

Note second to the last paragraph.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...th-clubs/vibe/
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
noahsmom
2002 - Poly & Wonder; 2004 - Poly & Wonder; 2006 - AKL & Magic; 2007 - SSR & Wonder; 2008 SSR only; 2009 Kidani, SSR & Magic to Tortola; 2010 Double dip Wonder & WDW road trip

Our son had a great time at Vibe last summer on Fantasy and is looking forward to it again this year on Dream. It's important to go the 1st night, that's when the CM's and teens discuss activities and make some choices.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
BeeTeacher
Mouseketeer

They have VIBE counselors that supervise the activities, get the kids involved in getting-to-know-you type events, etc. My 15 year old daughter loved the VIBE and especially making the movie ZOMBIFIED which aired in the BVT on the last night. She thought it was cool to have a special KTTW card and their own sun deck. The teens can use that area whenever they like and there is a wading pool and 2 hot tubs, and a few dozen chairs/places to lounge. Many of the teens sat and talked, or played video games on either the big screen or in one of the wall pods.

There is also a teens-only excursion called The Wild Side that my daughter had a great time on and loved the independence from us on the Island. They went Kayaking, biking and snorkeling. I got her a dry pak to hold her wave phone so when she was done she called us to see where we were and could join us when her excursion was over.

1st Cruise 3 night DISNEY DREAM 2/2/12
Trip Report Our First Cruise
WDW: Too many times to count!

BeeTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
racingfandj
Mouseketeer

My niece has been in the vibe twice and has loved it both times. Definitely participate in the ice breaker on the first night so they get integrated and find friends.

I would also strongly encourage a conversation about responsibility and good choices. There was a thread on here around New Years about kids drinking. Even though they went in as part of the supervised vibe group, they were still exposed to an area where adults were being served as part of the celebration and the kids got access too. I talked to my niece and she said after hours kids were going around and drinking from empty glasses that adults were leaving with ice melting with partial drinks and getting drunk that way too. Thankfully she hadn't participated. It will be an ongoing conversation as we return on future cruises. She knows - break my rules and you'll spend the rest of the week holding my hand. :-)
Disney Magic - November 2013
Disney Magic - January 2014
Disney Fantasy - June/July 2014

Anxiously Waiting for
Wonder - November 2014
Wonder - May 2015
Dream - November 2015
racingfandj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: