Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #661
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Would you want to/be able to meet Alison and me at DL when I'm out there in September?
Yes i'm still hoping to! Depending on which day, I may only go down for the day and come back. Are you planning on spending the day in DTD during your trip?

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #662
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

BTW, are you going to do a PTR for DLR?!

....or do you already have one and i'm just so out of the loop?

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2013, 07:43 AM   #663
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
BTW, are you going to do a PTR for DLR?!

....or do you already have one and i'm just so out of the loop?
I haven't started one because I'm still waiting for the schedule to come out. I'm used to WDW having their schedule months ahead of time, I'm starting to get a little antsy. They had posted the hours last week but now they took them away

Does DTD need a full day? I was planning to explore it after the parks, most nights they close at 8:00. I'll only have a 5 day pass so will have a full extra day to explore. I'll also have a car so could go out and about.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #664
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Many many years ago I sailed on Norwegian and we had a really long travel day and I decided to take a nap before dinner. Several hours later we woke up and had completely missed dinner and pretty much the whole first night!
I think that was back in the days when they did midnight buffets regularly so we hit that for dinner instead.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #665
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Sorry I'm so behind. DTD at Disneyland could take a full day but doesn't need a full day if that makes sense. If you saw a movie then maybe but it's not that big. I'm not a huge shopper though. I think you'll be fine in the venting a strolling through.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #666
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Many many years ago I sailed on Norwegian and we had a really long travel day and I decided to take a nap before dinner. Several hours later we woke up and had completely missed dinner and pretty much the whole first night!
I think that was back in the days when they did midnight buffets regularly so we hit that for dinner instead.
I have had nightmares of doing this exact thing!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 08-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #667
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Sorry I'm so behind. DTD at Disneyland could take a full day but doesn't need a full day if that makes sense. If you saw a movie then maybe but it's not that big. I'm not a huge shopper though. I think you'll be fine in the venting a strolling through.
No worries! It seems like ages since I updated. I must finish this before going to DL which is in three 1/2 weeks. Two more updates probably.

I love shopping so I'll probably go in every shop just to see what they have.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #668
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:

No worries! It seems like ages since I updated. I must finish this before going to DL which is in three 1/2 weeks. Two more updates probably.

I love shopping so I'll probably go in every shop just to see what they have.
Your trip is that close? Can't wait for you to see the GCV!

I haven't updated in a while. I've only got one park day and then our travel day. My trip was last October.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #669
Pinkocto

Quote:
Your trip is that close? Can't wait for you to see the GCV!
I'm so excited! I feel like I'm going off to explore unknown territory. Well I guess I am, everything is going to be new

Quote:
I haven't updated in a while. I've only got one park day and then our travel day. My trip was last October.
It is so melancholy when a marvelous trip you had been planning for ages comes to an end, and then the end of a TR brings it all back. I almost have to force myself to write about the last days with these TRs. I hope that makes sense.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #670
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't started one because I'm still waiting for the schedule to come out. I'm used to WDW having their schedule months ahead of time, I'm starting to get a little antsy. They had posted the hours last week but now they took them away

Does DTD need a full day? I was planning to explore it after the parks, most nights they close at 8:00. I'll only have a 5 day pass so will have a full extra day to explore. I'll also have a car so could go out and about.
Have they updated recently? Usually they have park hours like a month and half out. Strange.

Well, I was actually thinking about possibly meeting up at DTD if you were going to be down there. Trust me, you don't want to drive around unless you absolutely have to. I thought you were taking a shuttle from LAX?

Old 08-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #671
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
It is so melancholy when a marvelous trip you had been planning for ages comes to an end, and then the end of a TR brings it all back. I almost have to force myself to write about the last days with these TRs. I hope that makes sense.
I know that feeling. I have now started on the post-cruise stay for my trip and I am just not making any progress even though they were really enjoyable days.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #672
Pinkocto

Quote:
Have they updated recently? Usually they have park hours like a month and half out. Strange.
It's so bizarre, they'll post it and then take it down. They've done it several times. Last night September was posted and today it's gone again.

Quote:
Well, I was actually thinking about possibly meeting up at DTD if you were going to be down there. Trust me, you don't want to drive around unless you absolutely have to. I thought you were taking a shuttle from LAX?
I looked into the shuttle and I was all set to do that, but Alison mentioned she and Fran will be doing a concert Sunday night and I'd really like to go. So I looked into a car which turns out was only $150. And I want to stop by the grocery store to get some food and soda. Really can't live without my diet Mountain Dew. The shuttle was going to be $32 round trip but with tip at least $42, so for $108 more I have the flexibility of a car. I know traffic is pretty bad out there but we have terrible traffic ourselves so I'm not too worried about that. I'll definitely be going to DTD, probably every day, I want to explore everything!

Old 08-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #673
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I know that feeling. I have now started on the post-cruise stay for my trip and I am just not making any progress even though they were really enjoyable days.

Corinna
Exactly I get so excited to share about the awesome trip I had, and near to the end my feet start dragging.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #674
Pinkocto

Day 11; 2nd to last day:

I managed to drag myself out of bed at 9:56. Yes, I looked at the clock and was horrified to see how late it was. You remember I kept falling asleep the night before and was unable to get to EMHs, apparently I really needed the rest. When I saw the late hour I raced out to the CL to grab some breakfast. I saw the cleaning cart at the room next door so went back in and grabbed my journal and the movies to return. I didnt want to interrupt the cleaning and acquisition of new toiletries. I had quite a stash growing to take home!

I sat on the couch and enjoyed a light breakfast of fruit and pastries. Im glad I woke up in time, Ive found CL saves a bundle on breakfasts alone. Then I took the movies back down to the store. Ive said it once and Ill say it again, I really wish they would have movies on demand in the rooms at WDW. I really like having something on in the background as I get ready. I need to just bring some of my own in the future. Back up to the room which had been cleaned while I was gone, with new toiletries in place. Score!

There was a letter from DME asking to call and verify my flight information. This was a foreshadowing of things to come. I had booked an AirTran flight through SW. I called them and sorted things out, and when I was ready I decided to head to MK. It was now day 3 at Disney World and I had yet to go on a single ride. The lines had been horrendous, hopefully today would be better. I stopped by the Arusha Overlook on the way down to the buses. No pictures because I didnt take the big camera with me, but it really made me miss having a savannah view this trip.

I was at MK by 11:30 and headed straight to Pecos Bills for lunch. As soon as I was in Adventureland I wanted to turn around and leave, there were throngs of people. The lines werent long at Pecos Bills and I quickly found a table. I enjoyed a very tasty veggie taco salad with lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, cheese, and ranch dressing, delicious!

I texted mom a picture of my salad, it was definitely not the same without her. After my tasty lunch I headed to Fantasyland, I needed to ride some rides! Just inside FL I saw a brand new Tangled restroom area. I had no idea they were even building this. Its gorgeous, but Im more than a little disappointed they didnt make more out of it. Not to mention the tower has no business being anywhere close to the city center. Yes, Im picky with my details.

Well the lines were just too much for me. Even IASM was 25 minutes. I decided to try my luck with Mickeys Philharmagic and was lucky enough that it was only a 10 minute wait. I enjoyed the show as much as usual. They were making progress on the Dwarves mining ride, I cant wait for that to be ready.

Then I started to head to Big Top Treats in search of some dessert. On the way I saw somebody with a delicious looking sundae. I looked around trying to find where they got it and spotted Storybook Treats. That turned out to be the place I needed and ordered myself a swirled vanilla and chocolate cookie hot fudge sundae.

Oh my goodness, this was so delicious! Perfectly soft cookies, gooey hot fudge that had cooled from the icecream. It hit the spot! Im looking forward to another one in December. I wasnt able to finish it, but made a good dent.

I loved this mural around the construction.

I decided I was done with MK, perhaps HS would have less people. I headed to the train station but there were so many people I thought Id have to wait for two if not three trains before getting on. So I walked behind the race cars. I should mention that Dumbo was a 55 minute wait, and look how long the line for the Barnstormer was!

I decided to stop by Space Mountain but it was an 85 minute wait. No, no no. Not going to happen. I had gotten really spoiled by the practically nonexistent lines the previous September . I stopped at a table for a breather and caught up in the journal. At this point I decided to head back to the resort and then go to HS EMHs that night. Maybe the lines would be less during EMHs. I could dream right?

The trip back to the resort took quite a while. I had just missed a bus and had to wait what seemed like ages for another one. The wait itself wasnt bad, it was the complaining children that were waiting in line next to me that werent pleasant. A bus finally came and when we got to Kidani a family got off the bus, looked around confused and realized they werent staying at Kidani. But they didnt know what the resort they were staying at was called&. How can you pay so much to stay somewhere and not know what its called? The complaining children continued to complain the entire trip. Finally at Jambo and away from all those annoying people, thank goodness. I stopped in Zawadi to pick up some new movies. Pickings were pretty slim and I ended up with Peter Pan, which I love, and Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure which I had heard good things about but still wasn't sure.

Up to the room shortly before 5:00 where I changed into my bathing suit, grabbed my book, and headed down to the pool. I checked out the hot tubs but they were full so I just found a lounger and read for about 90 minutes. This was the life. Why didnt I do this earlier? I read until it was too cold for comfort and headed back in.

As I was out there reading I was witness to the funniest moment. Im sure most of you parents have gone through this before but it was so funny to watch. There was a little boy having the time of his life in the pool, swimming and jumping in and playing with friends. Well he had gotten out and was talking with his mom, he couldnt have been more than 5 or 6, and she told him to start getting ready because they had to leave to go to dinner. Well he started inching towards the edge of the pool. 'dont you dare go back in!' mischevious look given, 'dont you dare!' inching closer to the edge, 'Im warning you, dont you dare!' SPLASH! So the mom tells the dad to go get the child and of course he was just far enough from the edge that he couldnt be grabbed, and the dad obviously didnt want to go in and get wet. Finally the boy realized he was pushing it too far and got out. The entire time he had the biggest smile on his face. Not a sneaky smile but one that showed how much fun he was having. The mom tried to be stern, really really tried, but couldnt help but start laughing. Im laughing just remembering the story, it was so funny to witness. I was glad she was able to see the humor in it all and not be mad at her son.

Last edited by Pinkocto; 08-10-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #675
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah - that's a moment every parent has had. I can just see that kid grinning form ear to ear. I have to tell you though - I think the outcome would had been different if there were two kids there.

You must have been really tired and needed all that sleep.

Yum to your Peco Bill's lunch. I love mushrooms!

Somehow the parks are just NOT fun when it is that crowded. I'm glad you bagged it and decided to spend the afternoon at the resort. When its like that the only good time of the day is between 9 and 10 am. Oh, and late at night.

Love the pics!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: