Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 AM   #46
Yubbie
Devourer of Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bars

I've been involved in the tech side of live entertainment for 25 years. Interference between the two technologies is unlikely, even more unlikely is that this is the real reason the parades have been cancelled. If there are interference issues between the wireless tech from the parade and the RFID systems, there are fixes for this.

Quote:
Ow! That hertz!!!
Made me LOL! Good one. How bad did it hert? Mega or Kilo? Give us some kind of sine or wave, so we can help ya out. Also, how "frequent" is this hert? The main thing to remember is not to get too amped up over it. I'm sure it's just a phase.
Yubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:25 AM   #47
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yubbie View Post
How bad did it hert? Mega or Kilo? Give us some kind of sine or wave, so we can help ya out. Also, how "frequent" is this hert? The main thing to remember is not to get too amped up over it. I'm sure it's just a phase.
It is due to attenuating circumstances that I have reluctance to allow those remarks to rolloff my back.

Additional feedback may be induced if the tone is not modulated, and treble damages may be leveled.

No attempt to equalize, normalize or trim the behavior may result in termination.

Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #48
phalynx
Disney Video Nut

You two are reVOLTing.
Aug 2005 - Wilderness Lodge
Aug 2006 - Fort Wilderness
April 2007 - Carribean Resort
Sept 1-16 2007 Fort Wilderness
Dec 15-20 2007 Fort Wilderness
April 11-12 2008 Coronado
April 21-25 Contemporary
phalynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 AM   #49
ms.ojo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmejosh View Post
i say good riddens i didnt like either of these and lets hope they update them or replace them with something better... but they better not mess with the star wars weekend parade or we might have to have words with those people at disney lol
We agree! And add: Bring back the "Lights Camera Action!" Parade. Now IT made you feel like you were in Hollywood w/ all the stars!!

June 2014 & June 2012 & FREE QS dining! Aug 2011 & (BWI) June 2010 Oct 2009 & FREE dining!!! Nov2008 & (CR) Oct 2007 Oct 2006 & FREE dining!!! Dec 2005 (POFQ), Gaylord Palms, , Univ & Hard Rock Apr 2005 & (WL) Oct 2003 Apr 2002 (ASMo) & Dolphin PLUS 5 trips offsite prior to kids
ms.ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #50
Just_Trish
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
Was there someone named "Kenneth" involved in designing these systems?
LOL!!!

19 MAGICAL TRIPS...
March 2001 – ASMo June 2001 - ASMu July 2002 - Coronado Springs May 2003 - AKL Sept 2004 - POP - MNSSHP Oct 2005 - ASSp - MNSSHP Feb 2007 - POP - Pirate & Princess Party Nov 2009 – POP - DDs Sweet 16, MNSSHP
Sept 2010 - POP - MNSSHP Dec 2010 - POP - MVMCP Oct 2011 – POP - MNSSHP Feb 2012 - POP - One More Disney Day Whole 24 Hrs! May 2012 - POP Oct 2012 – POP - MNSSHP Dec 2012 – POP - MVMCP March 2013 - POP - My 40th B'day!
May 2013 - POP - Monstrous Summer - Whole 24 Hours! October 2013 - POP - MNSSHP
May 2014 – POP – Rock Your Disney Side – Whole 24 Hours!

Upcoming Trips
Aug 2014 - POP - Villains Unleashed! Sept 2014 – POP – MNSSHP Nov 2014 – Port Orleans Royal Room – Dds 21st B'Day! Dec 2014 – POP – MVMCP
Just_Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #51
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
Was there someone named "Kenneth" involved in designing these systems?
I'd Rather Not Say...

Old 04-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #52
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

To be honest, sounds like a "plausible deniability" issue floated out to work against the cost-cutting (and other) reasons given for it getting the ax.

Biggest mitigating factor against my buying it completely is that there are too many other parades and shows that use the same or similar technology that would almost certainly face a similar fate for precisely the same reasons. But these are the only two we've heard of, at least so far. And given all the rumors and rumblings about the overall troubles at DHS in terms of retheming, updating, improving (whatever words you want to put on it), it just seems to me they're just discarding something that wasn't terribly popular.

I remember these parades at DHS, and frankly, given the layout of the park, seems like parades there aren't nearly as enjoyable as the ones at MK, or Illuminations at Epcot, etc. Not sure DHS was really designed with the same kinds of parades in mind. I recall the things really screwing up the foot traffic and seeming like a bit of a contrivance, where they seemed more "integrated" into MK. Maybe I'm just having selective memory, who knows

Just have a hard time buying 100% into the stated reasons. If so, a lot more parades at other parks are on going to be on the block in short order.
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #53
BlackMagicWoman
Mouseketeer

They should bring back Stars & Motor Cars. My daughter and her bff were literally beside themselves during this parade. It was such a treat to see them react to their celebrities.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #54
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OklahomaTourist View Post
To be honest, sounds like a "plausible deniability" issue floated out to work against the cost-cutting (and other) reasons given for it getting the ax.

Biggest mitigating factor against my buying it completely is that there are too many other parades and shows that use the same or similar technology that would almost certainly face a similar fate for precisely the same reasons. But these are the only two we've heard of, at least so far. And given all the rumors and rumblings about the overall troubles at DHS in terms of retheming, updating, improving (whatever words you want to put on it), it just seems to me they're just discarding something that wasn't terribly popular.

I remember these parades at DHS, and frankly, given the layout of the park, seems like parades there aren't nearly as enjoyable as the ones at MK, or Illuminations at Epcot, etc. Not sure DHS was really designed with the same kinds of parades in mind. I recall the things really screwing up the foot traffic and seeming like a bit of a contrivance, where they seemed more "integrated" into MK. Maybe I'm just having selective memory, who knows

Just have a hard time buying 100% into the stated reasons. If so, a lot more parades at other parks are on going to be on the block in short order.
But honestly -- without knowing who Cheshire's source is or how that info trickled down, we know nothing. Disney PR has never used the "RFID frequencies" as an excuse. At least, not that I've seen. So it doesn't even fall into the "plausible deniability" sector.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #55
fbb
Mouseketeer

I believe it.

And I also believe that the doorman at Costco paws through my stuff to prevent me from being overcharged.

And i also believe that my father took Buddy to live on a farm.
fbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #56
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
But honestly -- without knowing who Cheshire's source is or how that info trickled down, we know nothing. Disney PR has never used the "RFID frequencies" as an excuse. At least, not that I've seen. So it doesn't even fall into the "plausible deniability" sector.

Regardless, Disney PR would never admit it .
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:52 PM   #57
Yubbie
Devourer of Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bars

Quote:
You two are reVOLTing.
Nah, I'd just say that Robo and I are "in phase" and I would attribute this to a balanced connection. Unless of course you're voltage reference is in regard to +48v, but that would require an external power source and I like to think I'm more of the dynamic type.

Yubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #58
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yubbie View Post
Nah, I'd just say that Robo and I are "in phase" and I would attribute this to a balanced connection. Unless of course you're voltage reference is in regard to +48v, but that would require an external power source and I like to think I'm more of the dynamic type.
The power of the phantom strikes with constant bias.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #59
winstoda
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the heads up....that's a shame. We're thinking about taking our son for his first trip and I think he would have loved them. Hopefully, they'll work things out.
winstoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #60
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Regardless, Disney PR would never admit it .
I disagree. This is exactly the kind of thing Disney PR would use as an excuse, if an excuse were needed. They've done it multiple times in the past. "Technical issues" -- particularly "new, emerging, groundbreaking technology" that causes something else not to work and so that something else has to be taken away -- is a favorite theme.

But, regardless, the "RFID frequency" reasoning is flawed on pretty much every level. All due respect to Cheshire's source, but he's wrong on this one.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: