Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #76
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

I just got back from WDW and talked with a friend who ate at Be Our Guests a few days ago. She was unable to get the ADR, no matter how many times she checked.

She decided to try for a walk-up by going just before the restaurant opened for dinner if they were accepting any walk up guests for seating. The cast member claimed they don't take walk ups, but my friend could wait for a "cancellation".

And within 15 minutes, she was seated. So, we believe Disney cast members are leading guests to believe that miraculous walk up seatings can happen if a "cancellation" opens. We have a theory (pure speculation on our part) that Disney is booking ADRs for a percentage of open seats and then fitting in walk ups so there are no overloads of guests.

We could be wrong, but that's the way it seems. My friend suggested trying to arrive before dinner seating, and the cast member may or may not seat you, but it never hurts to ask.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #77
partigus
Mouseketeer

success

we were able to book on day 178 (i know, blasphemy, but were waiting on info from my sister.) This was for a trip mid June! I'm guessing they may be holdimh more tables for walk ups to keep that dissatisfaction rate down.
2011 Yacht Club (5)
2010 Contemporary (5)
2009 Beach Club Villas (6)
2008 Wilderness Lodge (5)
2005 French Quarter (7)
2004 Wilderness Lodge (2)
2004 Marriott World Center (2)
2003 Polynesian (4)
1996 Port Orleans (4)
1992 Off Site (2)
1988 Grad Night (1)
1988 Naval Training Center (1)
1987 Grad Night (1)
1987 Naval Training Center (1)
Several family day trips- early 80's (4)
Trips to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds in early 70's (?)
partigus is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #78
Disneyliscious
DIS Veteran

Just tried online @ exactly 5am CST for a BOG at any time during dinner for our 180 day mark (Oct. 7th) and got nothing. Zilch. Tried for a party of 2, 3, 4, and 5 (there are 3 in our party). Looks like the 180+'ers are about the only ones having luck. I will keep checking back though.

Made an alternate res for Tonys instead. Never have eat there before either.
Disneyliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #79
beth4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post

Not sure, but when we had dinner there in Febraury only two rooms were open.
We just ate dinner there last week and all 3 rooms were packed with people eating! I made our reservations by calling first thing in the morning at 180 days + 6 and had no problems with a party of 12 for the time we wanted. When you call, interrupt the CM right away and say "I'm trying to get BOG ressies!" They will stop their chit chat and extra questions and get right into the system sooner.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #80
2DisPrincesses
DIS Veteran

I booked on line Monday @ 6:00 a.m. and there were lots of times to choose from. I even booked a time and rebooked with an earlier time about 15 minutes later.

2DisPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #81
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Thankfully, we didn't have any trouble getting an ADR for 7:00 pm when I made ours. That was the FIRST one I made so I was sure we'd get it. Talk about nervewracking!!

We're hoping to also go for lunch on one of our MK days, but we'll have to see if the line is moving along.... I think it will be worth waiting though!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #82
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I had no problems booking for August at the 180 day mark (not 180+10) and my January 2013 reservation was booked past that.

In January they had only two dining rooms open, the Rose Room was closed to guests at dinner. It appears they open it at what are expected to be higher crowd level times.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #83
just teachin
Earning My Ears

For those trying to get ADRs don't give up hope!

We didn't even book our trip until about 150 days out and got an ADR to BoG (on one of our two preferred days!) at about 115 days out. It can happen!
just teachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #84
cmsnyder77
Mouseketeer

I got a 6:10 ADR about a month and a half out from our spring break trip. I just kept checking daily, sometimes several times a day.

When standing in line to check in for our ressie, I saw a couple of other people walk up an get a table.
2007 - First Mother/Daughter cruise - 7 day Western April 7-14!!!
2008 - 9 day Mother/Daughter WDW trip at CSR!
2013 - 7 day Art of Animation

Coming up - Poly and cruisin' on the Fantasy, July 24-August 2!!!!!!!
cmsnyder77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #85
scrappinannie
Mouseketeer

We're going to try a very late lunch at BoG in October. The particular day we're visiting MK we are also having Chef Mickey for breakfast, so I figured we could get by skipping lunch and then heading over to BoG near the end of their lunch service (1:30-1:45, I think they stop serving lunch at 2, so you have to be in line by 2) as to avoid the long early lines and also the price hike at difficulty of getting a dinner ADR.

That's the plan, anyway. Hope it doesn't blow up in my face cause I've got a Belle/Beauty and the Beast lovin' 6 year old that may never forgive me if we can't eat in Beast's Castle!!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #86
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

I have a reservation for BOG at 9pm on Aug 21 but am hoping to get in earlier. I have been checking like crazy but nothing has opened up. I saw posted somewhere that at this point, even when cancelations are made, they don't open back up because they are are so overbooked. Is this for sure? Do we know if/when they'll open them back up?
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #87
Silver19
Avocado Margarita

My 180 +10 day was Monday and I was able to get BoG twice, at the exact times I requested. I didn't even realize that was lucky.
Silver19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #88
2manydaves
Mouseketeer

Checked at 5 a.m. on the day our window opened and I found several openings for a party of 4, but nothing for our party of 5. Called Dis Dining to see if we could add a person onto our reservation for 4, and was told nicely but firmly absolutely not. She did say BOG stays overbooked. Our third kid is killing us ...I told her that perhaps DH and I could switch out halfway through the meal. She laughed, but I wasn't really kidding.

She also said most of BOG's cancellations come at the last minute and check back about a week before the trip. Guess we'll see.
2manydaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #89
tiggspring
DIS Veteran: When I stop talking you'll know I'm dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manydaves
Checked at 5 a.m. on the day our window opened and I found several openings for a party of 4, but nothing for our party of 5. Called Dis Dining to see if we could add a person onto our reservation for 4, and was told nicely but firmly absolutely not. She did say BOG stays overbooked. Our third kid is killing us ...I told her that perhaps DH and I could switch out halfway through the meal. She laughed, but I wasn't really kidding.

She also said most of BOG's cancellations come at the last minute and check back about a week before the trip. Guess we'll see.
I feel your pain. The third child makes everything from getting dinner ressies, hotel rooms and even bike racks more difficult!. Don't get discouraged with some persistence you will get that ressie! Sending pixie dust your way.

tiggspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #90
sophie832
Addicted to DL and WDW!

I just checked my e-mail to make sure I was remembering correctly. I made all of our ADRs in December, which was only 4 months before our upcoming trip. I got BOG with no problem. In fact, I remember seeing plenty of open times. I think it really depends on crowd level during your visit, too.

Every time I call to change something on a reservation, the CM on the phone tells me how great it is that I got an ADR to BOG. Feels good
January 2011 Dining Review!
sophie832 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: