Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
geniegirl
DIS Veteran

May 12-15 crowds and express

May head down for a few days without kids to do universal. Never been and just starting our search. How are crowds then and do we need to think about express (on site). Trying to keep this on a low budget and can save tons off site but don't want to be miserable waiting in very long lines.

1975 In Mom's Belly ~ 1983 Poly ~ 1985 Poly ~ 1988 8th Grade Band Trip ~ 2000 All Star Music ~ 2004 Riverside ~ 2008 All Star Sports ~ 2009 Caribbean Beach ~2012 Pop Century ~ 2013 - Offsite ~ 2014 AKL ~ 2014 OKW
(37) (DP 37) (DS 7) (DS 2)
geniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
BeccaDoingDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniegirl
May head down for a few days without kids to do universal. Never been and just starting our search. How are crowds then and do we need to think about express (on site). Trying to keep this on a low budget and can save tons off site but don't want to be miserable waiting in very long lines.
Hello! We are taking a vacation from the 12-17th. I've checked numerous crowd calendars and they said that the 12th will be moderate on crowds, probably because it's Mother's Day. Besides that the rest of the days you're there it says the crowds will be slow! Woo! Were also debating on getting a express pass but we don't wanna throw money down the drain if there's really no lines when we go. So.. We are going to see how it is on the first day and if it's too terrible we will add on the express pass to our tickets. Hope this helped!
BeccaDoingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #3
kimmyann
DIS Veteran

We plan to be there on the 12th (IOA) & the 13th (US). We are staying offsite & hope to be okay with being there before opening both days. Good luck to us all.

2007(June)- HoJo Maingate East. Our first & cheapest trip to Orlando. Platinum Pass holders for Busch parks. Seaworld and BGT.
2009(June)- Disney. Port Orleans French Quarter.
2010(June)- The Palms Hotel & Villas. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Clearwater beach.
2011(June)-Quality Suites LBV. Seaworld, Aquatica, BGT & Wonderworks.
2013(May)- RPR & Comfort Suites Maingate East. Universal, Seaworld & who knows what else.
kimmyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
BeccaDoingDisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmyann
We plan to be there on the 12th (IOA) & the 13th (US). We are staying offsite & hope to be okay with being there before opening both days. Good luck to us all.
Were staying offsite too! I hope we all have a wonderful vacation!
BeccaDoingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #5
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Looks like several of us DISers are going to be down there that week. We already have ten nights booked at Wyndham Bonnet Creek over at WDW, but decided to go ahead and stay onsite at Universal May 12th-14th. We got a decent AP rate at Royal Pacific though. I'll have my mom with me and wanted to have a place for her to go back and rest mid day if needed. I also like riding some of the rides over and over, so unlimited Express pass, not having to drive back and forth from WDW for three days, and having a place to rest during the day was enough for us to decide to stay onsite at Universal, even though I already have a villa at WDW reserved for those nights. We love the onsite perks at Universal, especially being able to just walk to both parks and City Walk. We stayed onsite this past Oct/Nov for a night, so got two days of Express Pass. Even though crowds weren't bad and we could have gotten by without Express Pass, it was so nice just jumping on and off the rides, then back on again if we wanted.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #6
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniegirl View Post
That's a pretty slow time at the parks so you probably won't need EPs for those days. You shouldn't purchase ahead of time since they are date and park specific and non-refundable. You should be fine during mid-May.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
geniegirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks

1975 In Mom's Belly ~ 1983 Poly ~ 1985 Poly ~ 1988 8th Grade Band Trip ~ 2000 All Star Music ~ 2004 Riverside ~ 2008 All Star Sports ~ 2009 Caribbean Beach ~2012 Pop Century ~ 2013 - Offsite ~ 2014 AKL ~ 2014 OKW
(37) (DP 37) (DS 7) (DS 2)
geniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #8
randybw1
Earning My Ears

We are in also

We will also be making our second trip May 11th-15th! I think I'm the most excited as always.
randybw1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: