Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
disney is my life
DIS Veteran

Upgraded at Art of Animation?

I have read about people who went they check in at their resort are sometimes offered free upgrades during the off season. for example if they were staying in a regular room at a deluxe they can be upgraded to club level. I was wondering if anyone who has booked a Little Mermaid room at AoA has ever been upgraded to a family suite at check in? I know even if they do it it's hit and miss so im not expecting it im just curios if it ever happens?

My Photobucket : http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/di...?sort=9&page=1

November 2011-All Star Movies
March 2013-POP Century
November 2013-Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2015-Caribbean Beach Resort
disney is my life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
hmkenn0
Mouseketeer

Upgrade

We were upgrade at AoA in December (17th I think). Driving down we usually stop halfway in Valdosta, GA but made really good time and decided to try and drive through. When we got to Gainesville, I called central res and booked the cheapest room I could find and the had a mermaid room available. When we checked in at 11pm for our one night before going to DAK lodge, she said our room was not assigned, called room assigned and we were upgraded to a cars family suite! Probably the first and only upgrade I will ever get at Disney (got one on the Magic and a Princess cruise), my two boys were over the moon and no longer want to stay a our usual deluxes!
hmkenn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

I don't expect it to happen, but I would be so happy if it did. I do know that there are no LM rooms available on the website for the dates we are going, and we plan to get there in the morning...

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney is my life
I have read about people who went they check in at their resort are sometimes offered free upgrades during the off season. for example if they were staying in a regular room at a deluxe they can be upgraded to club level. I was wondering if anyone who has booked a Little Mermaid room at AoA has ever been upgraded to a family suite at check in? I know even if they do it it's hit and miss so im not expecting it im just curios if it ever happens?
You can ask the question a hundred different ways, but it is the same answer.

Don't expect to get something someone else already paid for; you set yourself up for unrealistic expectations and failure by expecting something you may never get.

You are not the first that says they are curious, do not expect it, but just wonder if it is possible. You have to wonder, or you would not have asked.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Of course it's possible, and does happen, but that chances of it happening specifically to you are based on a ton of different factors that won't be determined until you arrive.

If you're going to get upgraded, the upgrade has to be available for your entire trip, so it's more likely for shorter stays. Hence, the example above about one night.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: