Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
seb65
Earning My Ears

Reserving for a group; with one person leaving early

How do you go about reserving for a group of 5-6, with 4-5 people staying 5 nights and one person leaves after 3 nights? It would be two rooms. Would the room with the person leaving have to make 2 reservations?
seb65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

It depends on how you want to do it. If you have the dining plan and would not be able to use the additional credits, then you could book 2 separate reservations for the room where 1 person is leaving. However, that might mess up your discount for the last night if it is on a package that requires a multiple night stay for the discount.

If you have the dining plan and others could use the extra day's worth of dining credits, then just leave it as is. We have done this without problem and used Magical Express. We just made the Magical Express reservation for the person leaving for a day early.

If you don't have dining, then it doesn't matter. What you may want to do though if it is a package with tickets is have everyone in that room reserve the package with the # of days the person who is leaving early needs. Then just upgrade the tickets for the others in the room to add a day after they get there.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class

UPCOMING: April 2014 Yacht Club

CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic
UPCOMING** November 2014 Disney Fantasy

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
graceesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
Three"Mouse"keteers
Earning My Ears

Unfortunately, you can't make two reservations for one room. Everyone in the room has to be on the same dining plan, number of tickets, etc. If you are doing a dining plan, the others in the room could just use those credits. They could even split the cost of the extra day of dining among each other and pay it back to the person leaving early. I also second what the other poster said about only getting the number of tickets the person leaving early needs. The others can upgrade their tickets once there for the extra day.

Previous Trips
October 2008- Pop Century; May 2009- Contemporary (Theme Park View); October 2009- Pop Century; May 2010- Pop Century; June 2011- Pop Century; December 2011- Pop Century; October 2012-Pop Century.

Next Trip: December 2013 at Wilderness Lodge!
Three"Mouse"keteers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
seb65
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
dminnie
DIS Veteran

We had a similar situation. 1 room, 4 people, one of the people only staying the first 3 nights.

Through advice on DIS, and calling to confirm with Disney: we made the reservation for 3 of us and bought tickets on our package for 3 of us. The 4th person was added to the room when we checked in. We bought her tickets at check-in for the number of days she needed. They were wonderful about it at check in. Absolutely no hassles. (She did have a separate room key and card for her tickets...that was the only thing and we didn't care...she couldn't have her tickets on the room key.)

We did not have the dining plan or DME. I'm not sure how it would work if you have those things going on as well. Although, I think it works pretty much the same way...just add the person at check-in and they don't all have to have the exact same package as everyone else. You may want to call Disney to check how to do it if you do have dining or DME(especially DME).
dminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb65 View Post
How do you go about reserving for a group of 5-6, with 4-5 people staying 5 nights and one person leaves after 3 nights? It would be two rooms. Would the room with the person leaving have to make 2 reservations?
As the pp said, no need for 2 different reservations as the person only staying 3 nights can be added at check in. If the others are on a package, the one leaving early will just have to buy park tickets separately and pay OOP for meals if the others have the DDP. The only problem with this is if that person needs to use DME as he/she will not be able to use it to the resort, but can use it from the resort to the airport if needed. Also, by adding someone at check in when they won't be there the whole time, you will avoid having to pay the extra adult fee for the nights they aren't there (if there are more than 2 adults in the room). Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
seb65
Earning My Ears

That sounds like a great plan (checking in at arrival). I will be looking into these ideas. I will check on the DME......there is a cousin in FL who may be joining us; I'm sure she could come get me I am very excited to take a trip in December for the lights!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: