Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

40% off onsite hotel - which one to pick?

I received a 40% off code for an onsite hotel. I am planning a mother/daughter trip. She will be 11.
What hotel can you suggest? We will be flying to Orlando and will not have a rental car.
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwins View Post
I received a 40% off code for an onsite hotel. I am planning a mother/daughter trip. She will be 11.
What hotel can you suggest? We will be flying to Orlando and will not have a rental car.
Call first to check out which rooms qualify for the 40% off at each resort. That may limit your choices.
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
martymcflyy85
Earning My Ears

how did you get this code? I would love to get one myself.
martymcflyy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
DonnaDavid
Mouseketeer

I got one also. I signed up to get emails from Universal; I often get emails from them advertising special rates and events at the parks.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #5
twoplustwins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymcflyy85 View Post
how did you get this code? I would love to get one myself.
Just as PP posted, I signed up for email updates. I get codes a lot, in fact, way more often than Disney pins.
twoplustwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #6
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Dh just got one !! We went from $310 /night for Club level at PBH in August to $248.40 /night..So STOKED
Old 04-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #7
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Just a reminder....PIN codes are unique for the individual receiving them and cannot be posted on the DIS.

Please refer to DIS Guidelines bullet point 11:

11. DISCOUNT CODES:

As mentioned above, the DIS is all about planning a Disney vacation. On occasion, Disney does release discounts which usually can be obtained via a code. This information will be available in our Discounts section. However, Disney also sends mailings to specific individuals/target groups which contain a discount that can only be obtained with a PIN (personal identification number.) If you receive one of these offers, please do not share your PIN/Code on the DIS for others to use. We respect the fact that these offers are not for the general public and will remove any posts that include this information. Understand that this action is for your protection. For example, say you use Mrs. Smith's code. When you check in and are asked to produce proof that you are Mrs. Smith and cannot do so, you will be charged the full rate.

Even though Universal isn't mentioned, the same rules apply.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwins View Post
My kids, who were 11 and 9 at the time of our first visit and 12 and 10 at the time of our 2nd visit, loved HRH. It's the closest to both parks, although all three are within walking distance or you could take the ferry from any of the hotels. We walked to Universal Studios in about 5-10 minutes and then IOA was only another 5 minutes past US. We were also close to City Walk. If you choose to stay at RPR, it's near IOA. PBR is the farthest, it's beyond HRH but it's not too far either. Keep in mind that you could also pool hop to the other resorts as well as dine at their restaurants.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
mischief32
Mouseketeer

I am so envious. I would love a PIN. I am looking to take a mommy and daughter trip in August and the prices are too high for my taste. I guess I will have to wait for the AP prices release, if any. Things are on hold unless I get a good price. I at least know that I will be going for HHN with my husband at the end of September. Better then nothing.....
mischief32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

Just signed up at Universal's website for emails so hoping maybe I'll get one sometime soon. Planning a trip in November just for DH and I. Just curious does the PIN you received cover Nov 19-22 in the dates it is good?

Allyson
MomofCKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
Just signed up at Universal's website for emails so hoping maybe I'll get one sometime soon. Planning a trip in November just for DH and I. Just curious does the PIN you received cover Nov 19-22 in the dates it is good?

Allyson
The special only goes through 10/3.

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
CareHeartsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief32 View Post
I am so envious. I would love a PIN. I am looking to take a mommy and daughter trip in August and the prices are too high for my taste. I guess I will have to wait for the AP prices release, if any. Things are on hold unless I get a good price. I at least know that I will be going for HHN with my husband at the end of September. Better then nothing.....
In case it helps, the savings may not be all that large. The dates included are August 18 – October 3, 2013. When I compare my Stay More Save More 6 night late May to early June stay to this rate, it saves about $26/night. I definitely rebooked for the savings, but just wanted to share that it wasn't a huge savings. I guess the real savings is if you were just staying a few nights and not already getting the larger % off for the SMSM.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #13
mischief32
Mouseketeer

I was only planning a 3 to 4 nights stay so I could use all the discount I could get.....
mischief32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #14
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

you don't have to rebook when you recieve a pin and already have a reservation for the darkside.

just call and have your rate modified.

yea, the pin that is out now ends on october 3rd.
didn't get one but it wouldn't help me as my stay starts after that date.

but i did get a disney pin for room only in the mail today...

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: