Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #31
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnik View Post
where should we go for a GOOD character meal? Over the past 20 years, CM has always been our "go to" but the reviews lately have been SO terrible. Please give suggestions for a good alternative for breakfast or dinner (we usually do CS for lunch). Thanks!
Chef Mickeys is like eating at the Golden Corral but with characters plus it is always crazy crowded and supper loud! We prefer Garden Grill for our meal with Mickey food is ok but character interaction is amazing and has never been crazy crowded or loud!
donaldlovesdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #32
Tomader
DIS Veteran

My family has eaten at CM several times. Every time I swear we won't be back. Dinner is the worst. Food is cold, food area is messy, and slow to replace empty food choices. The only way I would return is with free dinning and that would be for breakfast. If I had to pay for it we would never go back. I also feel this way about Crystal Palace. The place has become dirty, food is horrible, and poor service. I think Disney is slacking off in the food area. They think because you are there you will eat whatever they serve and pay the ridiculous food prices. Only in Disney would anyone tolerate this.
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #33
Villains_Rock
For my will is as strong as yours, and my kingdom is as great.

I have done quite a few character meals and Chef Mickeys was my least fav (either meal...I have done both). Food is always sub-par, stations are messy, service is soooo slllooooowww. I love Tusker, Crystal Palace and even Hollywood and Vine. We are trying Cape May this time around because my son wants to see Goofy and I won't go back to CM.

Villains_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #34
disfan33
Mouseketeer

Though we have had good meals at Chef Mickey's, we much prefer Crystal Palace breakfast. Excellent service and character interaction!

All-Star Sports June '10-CSR August '11-Pop Dec '11-Pop August '12-CSR '12-
Disney Wedding/Honeymoon August '13: Yacht Club/Polynesian and Disney Fantasy
AKL March '14-BCV August '14-Boardwalk Villas November '14
disfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #35
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post
LOL. I never really thought about it before, thanks for that. You're not so crazy. People do nasty things to those napkins, much worse than wiping a smudge away.
Amen Sister! I'm not preaching to the choir here! But I may still be a little crazy and I'm fine with that. They laugh at me because I cover my plate with my napkin when they start swirling them on cruise ships too.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: